• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fool has said

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Psalms 14:1 Compare Job 30:8

People have claimed and are claiming that Psalm 14:1 is about atheists. But what if it isn't?

It has occurred to be, a former Jehovah's Witness, that according to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witness there is no Jehovah for me if I do not go back to them. Whenever anyone leaves the Christain Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses it is said by the JWs that we have left Jehovah.

Might Psalm 14:1 be about the belief that God is only for some people, and not all people?

It is foolish of me to say that Jehovah is not for you. Correct? That is what I think Psalm 14:1 says. Am I right?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh sorry. Maybe I am reading Job 30:8 as I think it was written. But what the hell do I know?

This is what I got from it.

Children
fool
also
children
outside
name
vile
of
Earth

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I left the Jehovah's Witnesses, according to them, I left God's Name. I am without Jehovah, according to the teaching of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

the foolish inner man no elohim [for someone].

Oh? Can I not add words to Holy Scripture? That is a good rule. Please lose the word "make" at Matthew 28:19. Then we will be even. OK?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You'll are so funny! I suppose funny is good. Let's see what we can do with Psalm 14:1.

The foolish* one says in his heart:“There is no Jehovah.”+Their actions are corrupt, and their dealings are detestable;No one is doing good.+

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/psalms/14/

Atheism does not equal foolishness. And the non-belief in God does not cause detestable dealings.

Fact? Most of the time it is.

BUT to say, "Jehovah is only with us", is detestable in and of itself. Correct?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
THINK for god's sake!

Some people say that The God isn't with some other people.

"There is no Elohim with you". People say that. Does it not cause division? Does division not cause a struggle? In every struggle, there is dominance for submission. Am I wrong? Dominance for submission is DETESTABLE.

Why not help me out here with an instance of dominance for submission that isn't detectable. Please. Forum is for correcting people. Is it not? Correct me.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Psalms 14:1 Compare Job 30:8

People have claimed and are claiming that Psalm 14:1 is about atheists. But what if it isn't?
Then the Psalmist used the wrong words to express his intent.

Might Psalm 14:1 be about the belief that God is only for some people, and not all people?

It is foolish of me to say that Jehovah is not for you. Correct? That is what I think Psalm 14:1 says. Am I right?
I'm not really sure how you're getting to this translation. It says clearly:
אמר - said (third person, masculine, singular, past tense/perfect)
נבל - fool, person of low stature (masculine)
בלבו - in (prefix) / heart / his (masculine, third person, possessive)
אין - There is not
אלקים - G-d

The fool said in his heart, "there is no G-d."

Where exactly do you see what you are saying?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then the Psalmist used the wrong words to express his intent.

I'm not really sure how you're getting to this translation. It says clearly:
אמר - said (third person, masculine, singular, past tense/perfect)
נבל - fool, person of low stature (masculine)
בלבו - in (prefix) / heart / his (masculine, third person, possessive)
אין - There is not
אלקים - G-d

The fool said in his heart, "there is no G-d."

Where exactly do you see what you are saying?
Good!

I do not know Hebrew of the ancient type or the modern type so I can't know if אין means "no", "not", or "there is not". But the difference is not significant.

I think that because there have been many billions of people living and dying without the believing in אלקים that it is OK by Heaven that some people don't believe. It doesn't make them bad people. Right?

If Psalm 14:1 says that non-belief makes a person detestable, then the scripture is wrong. Right?

This is what someone thinks. "There is no אלקים for/with you because you do not submit yourself to the ones whom אלקים chose to teach you". Is that NOT saying, "there is no אלקים"?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Good!

I do not know Hebrew of the ancient type or the modern type so I can't know if אין means "no", "not", or "there is not". But the difference is not significant.

I think that because there have been many billions of people living and dying without the believing in אלקים that it is OK by Heaven that some people don't believe. It doesn't make them bad people. Right?

If Psalm 14:1 says that non-belief makes a person detestable, then the scripture is wrong. Right?

This is what someone thinks. "There is no אלקים for/with you because you do not submit yourself to the ones whom אלקים chose to teach you". Is that NOT saying, "there is no אלקים"?
You are creating a theology and then sticking it into the verse.
You are adding words that do not exist in the verse.
The verse says, "A fool said in his heart 'there is no G-d". That's what the fool says in his heart. The fool makes no mention about submission or even what color his favorite pants are. So anything else outside of what the verse says is not what the verse says. Right?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are creating a theology and then sticking it into the verse.
You are adding words that do not exist in the verse.
The verse says, "A fool said in his heart 'there is no G-d". That's what the fool says in his heart. The fool makes no mention about submission or even what color his favorite pants are. So anything else outside of what the verse says is not what the verse says. Right?
Please read the rest of the writer's idea.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Tell me why anyone would call non-believers bad people.

Tumah

Veteran Member
For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Tell me why anyone would call non-believers bad people.
Verse 4 provides an answer to that question.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, I've read it. I still don't see anything about submission or colored pants.
Good! You might just earn a like today.

If I am sure God is with me and someone says God is not with me because I am not with them that is bad. Correct?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Good! You might just earn a like today.

If I am sure God is with me and someone says God is not with me because I am not with them that is bad. Correct?
That would depend on which one of you are actually correct, wouldn't it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK. Am I just dreaming or do people really say? "God is not there, or there, or there, or with you, or with them.........."

There is no God with people who do not believe in OUR True God. True or false?