• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The flood of Noah's

Faithofchristian

No case proved.

genaeology of Noah does not include daughters.

And the sons of Shem, Ham and Japheth had no wives and went into the isles of the Gentiles.

Scripture does not answer this question.[/QUOTE]

That's right, The Scriptures does not answer, if the sons of Shem, Ham and Japheth had wives.
But we can conclude, That the flood of Noah's had no effect on the isles of the Gentiles.
Otherwise could there have been other people on the Ark, besides Noah and his wife and his sons and their wives.

That could haved spread out to become the isles of the Gentiles ?

The isles of the Gentiles came from some where.

So we have two questions to be answered.

Either the flood of Noah's had no effect on the isles of the Gentiles Or there were other people on the ark besides Noah and his wife and his sons and their wives.

Which these other people spread out to become the isles of the Gentiles after the flood ?

This is just for thought ?

David T

Premium Member
We are told by man's teachings and many Christians saying, that no one survived the flood of Noah's and that the flood of Noah's covered the whole earth.

If this is true, Why is it written in the book of Genesis saying otherwise ?

Let's go to the book of Genesis Chapter 10 and discover what really happened ?

Starting with Verse 1--> We find here that Noah had 3 sons, Shem, Ham, Japheth and unto them were born sons after the flood.

Verse 2--> Japheth had 7 sons, Gomer, Magog, ,Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, Tiras.

Verse 3--> And Gomer had 3 sons, Ashkenaz, Riphath, Togarmah.

Verse 4--> Javan had 4 sons, Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, Dodanim.

Verse 5--> now by the sons of Javan, Gomer, and Japheth, were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

Now as man's teachings and many Christians have it that the flood of Noah's covered the whole earth, that no one survived the flood of Noah's.

Now If the flood of Noah's was supposedly to haved covered the whole earth and nothing survived the flood of Noah's ?

The Question is, Where did the isles of the Gentiles come from ?

Therefore, the flood of Noah's, only covered to where Noah and his wife and 3 sons and their wives, were at, Where the wickedness of mankind was Great in the Earth ?
This isia joke..

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Look I use to do that, use many other Translations, but now I use only one the KJV 1611. If you wish to carry about all those other Translations that's you and not me.
So I will stick with one Translation and my Companion bible and the Strong's Concordance of the Hebrew and Greek Translations.
You don’t have to “carry about” anything.
Just go to BibleHub.com .
Besides, if you examine verse 5 closely, it’s pretty obvious it’s talking about after the Flood, because it refers to their “languagesplural....that occurred at the Tower of Babel.

Faithofchristian

Besides, if you examine verse 5 closely, it’s pretty obvious it’s talking about after the Flood, because it refers to their “languagesplural....that occurred at the Tower of Babel.

That's right, Thats the whole Problem, that it was after the flood of Noah's, If the flood of Noah's covered the whole earth, then how or where did the isles of the Gentiles come from ?

It looks pretty obvious that the flood of Noah's couldn't haved covered the whole earth, otherwise the isles of the Gentiles couldn't haved survived ? In Genesis 10:5

But yet the isles of the Gentiles are there as proof that the flood of Noah's, couldn't haved covered the whole earth. Otherwise the isles of the Gentiles would not haved survived the flood of Noah's ?

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I was with you for the most part until you had this weird need to read the KJV. It's not like it'd be the scripture everyone else was reading at the time or anything.

Anyway, the Isle of the Gentiles most likely came from the same magical pocket dimension where Cain's wife came from. :)
Are you aware who Abraham’s wife, Sarah, was? She was his half-sister! Given that, it’s easy to deduce who Cain’s wife probably was.....his sister!

(Their genetics were closer to perfection, being (as with Cain) only one generation removed from Adam & Eve, who’d been perfect; and with Abraham, only a few more generations. That’s why they lived so long.)

Besides, the Scriptures clearly state that Eve was “to become the Mother of everyone living.” — Genesis 3:20. So there is no contradiction within, or “unknown factor” from, the Bible on this topic.

Faithofchristian

Are you aware who Abraham’s wife, Sarah, was? She was his half-sister! Given that, it’s easy to deduce who Cain’s wife probably was.....his sister!

(Their genetics were closer to perfection, being (as with Cain) only one generation removed from Adam & Eve, who’d been perfect; and with Abraham, only a few more generations. That’s why they lived so long.)

Besides, the Scriptures clearly state that Eve was “to become the Mother of everyone living.” — Genesis 3:20. So there is no contradiction within, or “unknown factor” from, the Bible on this topic.

As you say, Eve is the Mother of all living,Ok
So who's the living according to the Scriptures.

According to the Scriptures, You have the living and the dead.

Who's the living and who's the dead, According to the Scriptures ?
This of course being in the Spiritual Realm and not in the physical Realm.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Look I use to do that, use many other Translations, but now I use only one the KJV 1611. If you wish to carry about all those other Translations that's you and not me.
So I will stick with one Translation and my Companion bible and the Strong's Concordance of the Hebrew and Greek Translations.
I’m curious, though....why the KJV? You know, written as it was in 1611, it’s contents were limited to the manuscript texts available at the time, which were only as far back as the 10th century— earlier and therefore more accurate manuscripts, such as the Four Great Uncial codices: Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Alexandrinus, and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, hadn’t even been discovered yet!

That’s why the KJV contains spurious texts like 1 John 5:7, that more modern translations omit.

Do you know, Isaac Newton himself discovered that to be an added verse, not found in older texts? So more enlightenment on Scripture occurred even way back then, in the late 1600’s!

Awesome! IMO.

Faithofchristian

I’m curious, though....why the KJV? You know, written as it was in 1611, it’s contents were limited to the manuscript texts available at the time, which were only as far back as the 10th century— earlier and therefore more accurate manuscripts, such as the Four Great Uncial codices: Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Alexandrinus, and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, hadn’t even been discovered yet!

That’s why the KJV contains spurious texts like 1 John 5:7, that more modern translations omit.

Do you know, Isaac Newton himself discovered that to be an added verse, not found in older texts? So more enlightenment on Scripture occurred even way back then, in the late 1600’s!

Awesome! IMO.

This is why there is also besides the
KJV 1611, there is the Bullinger Companion bible which has the Hebrew and Greek Translations and the Strong's Concordance of the Hebrew and Greek Translations. That with these 3 together will bring out the Hebrew and Greek language into English.

But what does all of this has to do with the flood of Noah's ?

Faithofchristian

You got to be kidding, You have at least hundred years between the sons of Shem, Ham and Japheth and their sons to the time of the building of the tower of Babel.

Therefore Genesis Chapter 10 Verse 5 has absolutely nothing to do with the Tower of Babel.
You have at least 3 Generations from the sons of Noah's, Shem, Ham and Japheth to the Tower of Babel. So Verse 5 has absolutely nothing to do with the Tower of Babel.
Look you have Ham the son of Noah.
Being the first Generation.

Then you have Cush the son of Ham, being the second Generation.

Then you have Nimrod the son of Cush, being the 3rd Generation.Who had the Tower of Babel built.

So what you have is, at least a hundred years from the time of the sons of, Shem, Ham and Japheth to the building of the Tower of Babel.
So Verse 5 has absolutely nothing to do with the Tower of Babel.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I hope I understand you correctly, I may not be getting your point.

But vs5 does mention languages, plural:

Verse 5--> now by the sons of Javan, Gomer, and Japheth, were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

These “isles of the Gentiles’ is referring to the islands after the water drained off....these tongues, plural, only occurred after Babel, after the Flood.

Now as man's teachings and many Christians have it that the flood of Noah's covered the whole earth, that no one survived the flood of Noah's.

No, it’s the Bible’s teaching: Genesis 7:22...”Everything on dry land.....died.”
Genesis 7:19-20....”All the tall mountains were covered. The waters rose to 15 cubits above the mountains.”

Now, these weren’t very tall mountains, at that time. Psalms 104
explains that it was the result of what caused thatFlood, that we have the high mountain ranges that exist today.

Faithofchristian

I hope I understand you correctly, I may not be getting your point.

But vs5 does mention languages, plural:

These “isles of the Gentiles’ is referring to the islands after the water drained off....these tongues, plural, only occurred after Babel, after the Flood.

No, it’s the Bible’s teaching: Genesis 7:22...”Everything on dry land.....died.”
Genesis 7:19-20....”All the tall mountains were covered. The waters rose to 15 cubits above the mountains.”

Now, these weren’t very tall mountains, at that time. Psalms 104
explains that it was the result of what caused thatFlood, that we have the high mountain ranges that exist today.

The isles of the Gentiles, are people who are living in the isles. That were there when the sons of Shem, Ham and Japheth went into those isles of the Gentiles. The flood of Noah's had no effect on the Gentile people.
If you ever saw a flood of water, it doesn't leave a trace of anything that was there.

But here, we find that the flood of Noah's had no effect on the Gentile people.

What your quoting in Psalm 104, has nothing to do with the flood of Noah's.

You keep over jumping the generations from Ham to the tower of Babel.

You got at least hundred years from Hams generation to the Tower of Babel.

But you keep trying to combine Verse 5 to that of the Tower of Babel, which will not work. You have at least hundred years between Ham's generation to that of the Tower of Babel.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The flood of Noah's had no effect on the Gentile people.

Again, the Bible states clearly....three times:

Genesis 7:21-23.....21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dryland, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

It can't be any clearer. If you try to interpret it another way, it's obvious you're trying to conform the Bible to fit your thoughts, and it needs to be the other way around: changing our thoughts to fit it. Romans 12:2-3.

Have a good evening.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Genesis 7:21-23.....21 All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dryland, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

It can't be any clearer. If you try to interpret it another way, it's obvious you're trying to conform the Bible to fit your thoughts, and it needs to be the other way around: changing our thoughts to fit it. Romans 12:2-3.

Have a good evening.
So since we know that that never happened what does that tell us about the Bible?

Faithofchristian

Have a good evening.

I am not trying to interpret nothing
Genesis 10:5, plainly shows the flood of Noah's, couldn't have covered the whole earth, because the Gentiles are still there.
After the flood,only Noah and his wife and sons and their wives came out of the ark.

So again where did the Gentiles come from?

My question to you is, As to where do you get( mankind ) and ( perished )
There is No where in Genesis 7:21-23, that says anything about( mankind ) and
( perished ) in Verse's 21-23.

So how is it that you come by ( mankind )
And ( perished ) when those words are not to be found in Genesis 7:21-23
And you got your nerve to say I'm doing my interpretation and your adding ( mankind )
And ( perished ) in Genesis 7:21-23.

There is no where in Genesis 7:21-23, that says the whole earth was flooded over.

So again, explain where did the Gentiles come from after the flood of Noah's ?

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

It's a myth not historical truth, all myths contain contradictions.

There is no contradictions nor myths.

The only reason you say, contradictions and myths, is because you have no understanding about things.

To explain the flood of Noah's, First you have to explain about the first flood.

The flood of Noah's was the second flood.

So when did the first flood happen ?

Hildeburh

The only reason you say, contradictions and myths, is because you have no understanding about things.

To explain the flood of Noah's, First you have to explain about the first flood.

Myths, largely copied from the epic of Gilgamesh.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

They were both myths. The answer is never.