• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The flood of Noah's

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I don't know how we got over to this subject, that has nothing to do with the Thread,
Unless you have something that shows how the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's. In the book of Genesis 10:5
Are you kidding?

You said that the meteor which caused the extinction of the dinosaurs caused a global flood (emphasis mine):

So your saying, that the scientific world of scientist are wrong about how a meteorite struck the earth Millions of years ago that caused volcanoes and earthquakes and the ocean seas to over flood the earth this being the first flood to come upon the earth. That caused the Extinction of the dinosaurs.

Where is your evidence of this?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know how we got over to this subject, that has nothing to do with the Thread,
Unless you have something that shows how the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's. In the book of Genesis 10:5

Let's remind you then. Both of us pointed out that the Noah story is myth. Myths frequently contradict themselves. It is one way to tell that a story is a myth. You brought up the claim of a prior flood and that was refuted as well.

Faithofchristian

Let's remind you then. Both of us pointed out that the Noah story is myth. Myths frequently contradict themselves. It is one way to tell that a story is a myth. You brought up the claim of a prior flood and that was refuted as well.

Just because you say the flood of Noah's is a Myth does not make it so.

Like I said, unless you have something to prove how the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's, there's not much to discuss further.

Faithofchristian

Are you kidding?

You said that the meteor which caused the extinction of the dinosaurs caused a global flood (emphasis mine):

Where is your evidence of this?

My evidence may not be your evidence, But this is not what the Thread is about.

The Thread is about, how did the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's.

The Thread is not about whether the flood of Noah's actually happen.

But how did the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
And just because you say it's true doesn't make it so, either.

However, this isn't about what is merely myth. It's about what YOU said that SCIENTISTS said. What you said was false, and scientists say no such thing.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
My evidence may not be your evidence,
Then what is YOUR evidence?

But this is not what the Thread is about.
Then why did you bring up the extinction of the dinosaurs causing a global flood?

Then why did you bring up the extinction of the dinosaurs causing a global flood?

We're not debating THAT flood, we're debating an alleged EARLIER flood that YOU brought up.

Where is your evidence that the extinction of the dinosaurs was caused by a global flood?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Like I said, unless you have something to prove how the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's, there's not much to discuss further.

That is true. The Noah's Ark Story is not a myth simply because I say so. It is a myth because I can show it to be a myth.

And since there was no flood the explanation of the "survival of the Gentiles" should be obvious.

Faithofchristian

And just because you say it's true doesn't make it so, either.

However, this isn't about what is merely myth. It's about what YOU said that SCIENTISTS said. What you said was false, and scientists say no such thing.

Look as I said, The Thread is not about the flood of Noah's, but rather more about how the Gentiles survived.
Because alot of Christians will say, that nothing survived the flood of Noah's, but yet Genesis 10:5 refutes this claim.

Therefore your just as bad as the Christians are in changing what the subject is totally about. The Gentiles.

You believe that the flood of Noah's is a myth, that's fine.
But at least stay with what the Thread is about the Gentiles.

So I am not going to the debate about the flood of Noah's, when that is not what the Thread is about.
The question that the Thread is asking is about how the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's.
So the question is not about the flood of Noah's, but about the Gentiles.

So what do you have how the Gentiles survived?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My evidence may not be your evidence, But this is not what the Thread is about.

If there was no flood there is no problem with Gentiles surviving an event that never happened. That is just one example of a contradiction that tells us that there was no flood. But there are much stronger ones than that.

Faithofchristian

Then what is YOUR evidence?

We're not debating THAT flood, we're debating an alleged EARLIER flood that YOU brought up.

Where is your evidence that the extinction of the dinosaurs was caused by a global flood?

The reason the Extinction of the dinosaurs were brought into it, all because I got side tracked off from what the Thread is actually about.

The Thread is not in question whether or not the flood of Noah's actually happen.

But about the Gentiles.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Look as I said, The Thread is not about the flood of Noah's, but rather more about how the Gentiles survived.
Because alot of Christians will say, that nothing survived the flood of Noah's, but yet Genesis 10:5 refutes this claim.

Therefore your just as bad as the Christians are in changing what the subject is totally about. The Gentiles.

So I am not going to the debate about the flood of Noah's, when that is not what the Thread is about.
The question that the Thread is asking is about how the Gentiles survived the flood of Noah's.

There was nothing that opposed their survival. You are sounding like someone that heard the story of a fire of a neighbor's house. When he gets there it is obvious that there was no fire, yet he keeps asking how a person survived a nonexistent fire. There was no flood of Noah, the survival of the Gentiles is a trivial non-issue.

Now if there actually was a flood then that would present a huge problem. But since the answer is easy and obvious there is not point in going into that.

The neighbor could have been rescued by a Pegasus flying outside of his window if there was a fire. But since there was no fire that is no need of a Pegasus.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The reason the Extinction of the dinosaurs were brought into it, all because I got side tracked off from what the Thread is actually about.

The Thread is not in question whether or not the flood of Noah's actually happen.

But about the Gentiles.

And that has now been explained to you too.

Are you satisfied?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

You are the one who first brought up the subject of the first flood and the extinction of the dinosaurs. I've not changed the subject once.

I never said that. I happen to agree it's a myth, but I never actually said that. That's a baseless assertion by you.

Once again, you are the one who first brought up the subject of the first flood and the extinction of the dinosaurs. I've not changed the subject once.

Then why did you bring up the first flood??

Why can't you answer a simple question? Is your faith so weak that you have to change the subject as soon as people start questioning your belief?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So you admit that it was not US who changed the subject, it was you.

But about the Gentiles.
Which is convenient, because you obviously said a lot of things you now regret saying because they're obviously not true.

Faithofchristian

If there was no flood there is no problem with Gentiles surviving an event that never happened. That is just one example of a contradiction that tells us that there was no flood. But there are much stronger ones than that.

Like I said, that's your opinion, but it may not be what other people may see it.

As for me, so what if I believe in the flood of Noah's, What is that too you.

You don't see me running around asking people, why don't you believe in the flood of Noah's, like I could careless what people want to believe or not believe.

The whole purpose of the Thread, is to ask those who do believe in the flood of Noah's, how exactly did the Gentiles survived.
So why would I or anyone for that matter, ask you about something that you don't believe in.Which would be totally useless.

Faithofchristian

So you admit that it was not US who changed the subject, it was you.

Which is convenient, because you obviously said a lot of things you now regret saying because they're obviously not true.

No it was not me that changed the subject, but it was you that started on about the flood of Noah's,

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Like I said, that's your opinion, but it may not be what other people may see it.

You don't see me running around asking people, why don't you believe in the flood of Noah's, like I could careless what people want to believe or not believe.

The whole purpose of the Thread, is to ask those who do believe in the flood of Noah's, how exactly did the Gentiles survived.
So why would I or anyone for that matter, ask you about something that you don't believe in.Which would be totally useless.
Here is your post in which you plainly assert what it is that "scientists" believe, without providing any evidence of reason for it:

So your saying, that the scientific world of scientist are wrong about how a meteorite struck the earth Millions of years ago that caused volcanoes and earthquakes and the ocean seas to over flood the earth this being the first flood to come upon the earth. That caused the Extinction of the dinosaurs.
So what your saying, that you know more than the scientist do. Now that's amazing

So, you are NOT just "saying what you believe", you are ASSERTING what OTHER PEOPLE believe and what they SHOULD believe.

If this was an error on your part, then just admit it already.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Once again, it is not just an opinion. I can support my claims. You seem to be unable to do so. And you just said that it matters to you whether people believe your myth or not. The proper phrase is "I could not care less". Sorry, but when a person misuses that phrase it indicates that they cannot think logically. If you could "care less (two words by the way, not one), you are saying that it matters an indeterminate amount to you.

Pointing out that there was no flood in the first place solves a non-problem. That is the answer to the apparent contradiction.

Perhaps it would help if you admitted your errors in at least the little things. The impact of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was either in the Yucatan or just barely into the Gulf of Mexico. It struck very near the beach there, whether in the Gulf or not is hard to say. The place where it struck is not a desert. Can you admit that error of yours?