• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The flaws in Intelligent design

Timothy Spurlin

So if you have a headache, is that a subjective experience? Since no one else has felt one of your headaches, maybe they never existed.

You can experience God yourself and know His reality for yourself, but probably not by denying his existence.

When I was a kid I wanted to be closer to God, so I prayed to God, for god to reveal itself. God never revealed itself to me. I read the Bible cover to cover, that made me stop being a Christian.
I don't deny gods existence, every theist has failed to provide objective evidence that a god exist. All they have is subjective experiences from their mind.

The rules of English pronunciation will allow for
"crocodile" to be pronounced as "srosodilly".

We who learned English as a second language know better
than to spell as we think something is pronouned, and vice versa.

Oh, i see.....so is it ok if i break the rules? :p as long as you understand what im saying of course.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
One of the growing disadvantages to evolutionists ever since the theory was published has been all the scientific progress that disputes it. But since the scientific community wants to keep it viable despite that, new theories must be introduced to support the old one. So now we have theory upon theory going on.
So let me ask you....how then do you explain the fact that the world's life scientists have maintained the opposite view for well over a century? Are they so bad at their jobs that someone like you knows their profession better than they do? Are they executing the biggest conspiracy in history? Are they under some magic spell?

Cooky

Veteran Member
When I was a kid I wanted to be closer to God, so I prayed to God, for god to reveal itself. God never revealed itself to me. I read the Bible cover to cover, that made me stop being a Christian.
I don't deny gods existence, every theist has failed to provide objective evidence that a god exist. All they have is subjective experiences from their mind.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
But of course evolution is far more than just a mere hypothesis. It's long been recognized as a scientific theory, as valid as the theory of gravity or the theory that the Earth orbits the sun. Intelligent Design however will forever remain a mere hypothesis, since no one has ever found a way to test the claims of the hypothesis.
It's nothing like an actual scientific hypothesis. It's a failed political strategy.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Wait. What?

That's like saying that if someone designed a car, then science cannot be used to figure out when it's broken and fix it. As well, what makes you think that an intelligent designer wasn't using science to do the designing? Not to mention that if the scientific method can be used to figure out something an intelligent designer has done, then....it's science.
Is science broken? It is not to my knowledge. I have no idea how God created and I cannot read the mind of God. What I think God did is not relevant to science. That is the problem with belief-based thinkers and their lack of understanding what science is. You think that if you believe it, it is a part of science. That is not true.

Of course we can 'have it both ways.'
No. You cannot. Not if you really understand the outcomes of what intelligent design is trying to do.

Well, perhaps not the 'deifying the bible' part, but believing in God AND that He is a physical, material designer? I think that most theists can manage that one.
If God is a physical/material being, then he would not be the ultimate creator and much of the descriptions of God that arise from the Bible would not apply to a physical/material god.

I find that h
Lies.

Do i need to go back to the thread and find it and prove it to you? If i gotta do that then your gonna look more exposed and thats gonna make you look worse. You want me to do that?

Do you also deny calling me dishonest?

We shall see about that, atheist.

No, we, i do not. You on the otherhand deify naturalism.

Delusion.

More delusion on your part, atheist.

Ok, i will define it.

Creationism is people who believe the bible. Usually a 6 thousand year earth. With God creating it in 6 days.

Intelligent design is detecting intelligence having made the world.

There different. If you claim there the same, then define them then. Go ahead, atheist.
Incorrect. Creationism is the belief that the universe and life were created by a supernatural agent. This includes, but is not limited to, biblical creationism. You cannot even get your own belief correct. How can anyone take you seriously?

Intelligent design, based on the evidence, is a religious movement designed into inject religious belief into science, education and the government, using the pretense of seeking only evidence for intelligence in the origin of the universe and in the origin of life. If it is only about an effort to find evidence of design in nature, it still fails.

Unless you come up with a valid argument that you support and are not just going to go off on ad hominem attacks and false witness, I see no need to discuss this further with you.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Hey, if you atheists don't want to believe in God, then good for you. But leave this forum forever and don't come back if your objective is to get religious people to adopt your ideals.

Especially @Audie

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, you have said something true. "Ya can't understand by denying." But I didn't start off denying evolution. I had to study it in 7th-grade biology class. Had to pass tests.

The truths of science are entirely compatible with religious faith, but evolution as a theory and a concept is contrary to faith. In fact, that's it's main value to atheists.

Seventh grade public school. That is kind of sad.
I see why you do not get the concepts se are talking about.

Science does not do truths so you may as well say
nothing in science is compatible with (your) faith.

Anyway, I guess that wraps it up. You will stick with
blind faith, and have no facts, data, or other info to
offer.

We all wish you well. Plz dont continue with this,
unlees you come willing to learn something.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There can be remarkable variations within a species, as we have learned through selective breeding of plants and animals and as we have observed in the natural world. This property enables adaptation, and survival, so it's obviously part of the design and already within the genetic code as written for each species. It does not require that God make any changes or corrections as a species or members of a species change.

What selective breeding and adaptation cannot do is change a species beyond its parameters. It cannot turn one species into another. There is no empirical evidence that such a thing has ever happened and the fossil record offers no evidence either.
Saying that something is obviously part of a design is not demonstrating that design or that a part in it is obvious. You are only reiterating your belief that it is a part.

The intent of selective breeding is to maximize traits that are of value to people. It is not the intent of selective breeding to create new species, but if there were some value to doing that and the time was available, I see no reason that selective breeding could not be used to achieve those ends.

The fossil record offers no evidence of what?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Seventh grade public school. That is kind of sad.
I see why you do not get the concepts se are talking about.

Science does not do truths so you may as well say
nothing in science is compatible with (your) faith.

Anyway, I guess that wraps it up. You will stick with
blind faith, and have no facts, data, or other info to
offer.

We all wish you well. Plz dont continue with this,
unlees you come willing to learn something.

I have no idea why anyone wastes their time talking to you.

Forever_Catholic

Did it ever occur to you to go look and see if there's ever been a documented case of the evolution of a new species before you posted the above?
I've studied it at length. Documented cases have been presented, but they've all been proven to be false claims.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, if you atheists don't want to believe in God, then good for you. But leave this forum forever and don't come back if your objective is to get religious people to adopt your ideals.

Especially @Audie
I do not get the impression from the atheists that they want to prevent me or other theists from believing. The issue seems to be isolated to claims that are made based on belief and that is also an issue I have. I believe, but I recognize that I cannot demonstrate it and twisting science into something it is not in order to achieve an agenda based on belief, is simply wrong.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Creationism is people who believe the bible. Usually a 6 thousand year earth. With God creating it in 6 days.
To clarify....

"Creationism" in general is a belief that a god or gods played some sort of role in the history of the universe. There are several forms of creationism. For example, within Christianity there is young-earth creationism, old-earth creationism, day-age creationism, progressive creationism, ID creationism, and theistic evolution. Other religions also have their versions of creationism, such as Hindu creationism (which IIRC has something to do with creative cycles).

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I've studied it at length. Documented cases have been presented, but they've all been proven to be false claims.
I would be interested in seeing all the evidence you have reviewed to show that instances of speciation are all false claims. I know of several valid instances that are well supported by the evidence and the existence of the new species.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Example please, and who proved them to be false?

Also, earlier you said you studied it in 7th grade, but here you're saying you studied it "at length". If you studied it beyond middle school, what specifically did that involve?