• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The features (or nature) of nature

What is nature?Where is all this nature (the physical world with all its laws) headed?

You can answer my question now if you understand ...or you can read down some tangled effort of explanation... But I warn you,you have to be like a mechanic searching for parts in junk to create something,because at the moment my mind is nowhere serene.

Talking in physical aspects, what we term as 'living beings' (in which we include ourselves),is an ongoing outcome of various simultaneous processes and phenomenons.
Processes and phenomenons are dependent upon the laws of 'nature' which make them decisive,precise and fixed. All the things we poets generally label as 'the nature' are the objects which are
  • advanced in the course of physical evolution.
  • are in group/unit
  • have a favourable future(in terms of what we,or our subconscious mind,think as 'the living')
Basically the above points were all one....are collinear-all one with a point of view
(Hey,see this if you want the flavour of what I want to convey
)
For example,we ponder mountains and ocean,trees and animals(this was in ascending order according to physical/natural evolution) as 'nature' more than we think of mud,pebbles and lake, and we hardly consider man-made materials(like plastic,rubber) ,which has no living future ,as nature.
Here I am taking it in account the inclinations of our subconscious because it is superior in respect to the topic of discussion-it is like the arrow-head of the vector quantity known as evolution...there can be further more reasons in different point of views....

If we don't pinpoint living things and judge by the aspect of 'living',doesn't nature seems as a single 'living' entity?...(or creature!?)

Further it seems that this nature is headed somewhere greater. To put it bluntly,its like copying God...or wants to get there ,but can't.....like ocean waves constantly rising as if to submerge/swallow land...but can't...

<<This whole lot of variant combination(or a curry in India) of scientific and religious(though both are just words/labels of the way of seeing things) stuff I have said above is confusing .Also strong counter questions can be raised from first phrase of first line ,nullifying my whole pursuit. But I think the nature of your whole philosophy ,though sidetracked at some point in my narrow point of view,will give rise to pursuit/thirst for knowledge of similar taste as mine if pondered over by a similar angle as that of mine....>>

allfoak

Alchemist
What is nature?Where is all this nature (the physical world with all its laws) headed?

It is all slowly being raised up to a level that we would call paradise.
This is happening through the experience of us human beings which reside in the transient kingdom between heaven and hell.
Since we are part of both we can unite them both.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Each and every atom or the smallest particle that cannot be further divided has Maha VishNu as inner substratum........All things are just his body..........know him and you know everything in the universe
Hare krushNa

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Are you Hindu @GentleBubble ? I watched the video and it comes from a completely materialistic point of view. As a Hindu I believe there is much more to life and nature than matter; things such as non-physical consciousness, subtle levels of energy that support life, subtler planes of nature, etc..

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason

You can answer my question now if you understand ...or you can read down some tangled effort of explanation... But I warn you,you have to be like a mechanic searching for parts in junk to create something,because at the moment my mind is nowhere serene.

Talking in physical aspects, what we term as 'living beings' (in which we include ourselves),is an ongoing outcome of various simultaneous processes and phenomenons.
Processes and phenomenons are dependent upon the laws of 'nature' which make them decisive,precise and fixed. All the things we poets generally label as 'the nature' are the objects which are
  • advanced in the course of physical evolution.
  • are in group/unit
  • have a favourable future(in terms of what we,or our subconscious mind,think as 'the living')
Basically the above points were all one....are collinear-all one with a point of view
(Hey,see this if you want the flavour of what I want to convey
)
For example,we ponder mountains and ocean,trees and animals(this was in ascending order according to physical/natural evolution) as 'nature' more than we think of mud,pebbles and lake, and we hardly consider man-made materials(like plastic,rubber) ,which has no living future ,as nature.
Here I am taking it in account the inclinations of our subconscious because it is superior in respect to the topic of discussion-it is like the arrow-head of the vector quantity known as evolution...there can be further more reasons in different point of views....

If we don't pinpoint living things and judge by the aspect of 'living',doesn't nature seems as a single 'living' entity?...(or creature!?)

Further it seems that this nature is headed somewhere greater. To put it bluntly,its like copying God...or wants to get there ,but can't.....like ocean waves constantly rising as if to submerge/swallow land...but can't...

<<This whole lot of variant combination(or a curry in India) of scientific and religious(though both are just words/labels of the way of seeing things) stuff I have said above is confusing .Also strong counter questions can be raised from first phrase of first line ,nullifying my whole pursuit. But I think the nature of your whole philosophy ,though sidetracked at some point in my narrow point of view,will give rise to pursuit/thirst for knowledge of similar taste as mine if pondered over by a similar angle as that of mine....>>

It seems to me that you are trying to personify nature to try to give it purpose.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What is nature? .. if pondered over by a similar angle as that of mine....>>
Nice post and welcome to the forum. Nice video, - especially the last declaration - what is dead? Nothing is dead. Every atom in a living body or in a non-living thing is alive, furiously active. And the atoms go from one to another without caring for man-made divisions. It is what makes the atoms which makes the whole universe. What makes the atoms? Energy?

It is this kind of thought which gave rise to 'advaita' Hinduism, the philosophy of 'absolute non-duality' (some people have their watered-down version of non-duality).

Last edited:
Are you Hindu @GentleBubble ? I watched the video and it comes from a completely materialistic point of view

yeah I am
I completely left the aspect of atma in my question as then I would had to write too much.
In basic,I asked characteristics of nature,in whichever parameters you believe in can describe...
From a spiritual point of view,what do you think,what is the relation between nature(which is kind of materialistic) and the higher physical planes,atma,paratma..... do these act like a platform on which the whole nature is held,as kalyan said....
Each and every atom or the smallest particle that cannot be further divided has Maha VishNu as inner substratum........All things are just his body..........know him and you know everything in the universe
Hare krushNa
or in plain language can one say nature as something single unit or being ,or a mirage-imitating something

It seems to me that you are trying to personify nature to try to give it purpose.
Seems to me too
But my personification of nature is up to a similar extent as it when we say 'gravity in mass pulls of objects down to make them closer' or 'water wettens clothes and make them heavy'
Purpose is just a word for the definite happenings to which we our related-like-"Sarah pulls objects down to make them closer"
When I try to find characteristics of nature which is existing from the existence of time...nature automatically seems as if personified or having a purpose...and our head and brain are by-product of nature in the same way as sunflowers and daffodils are...So I think that doesn't matter much...its just perception :)

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Seems to me too
But my personification of nature is up to a similar extent as it when we say 'gravity in mass pulls of objects down to make them closer' or 'water wettens clothes and make them heavy'
Purpose is just a word for the definite happenings to which we our related-like-"Sarah pulls objects down to make them closer"
When I try to find characteristics of nature which is existing from the existence of time...nature automatically seems as if personified or having a purpose...and our head and brain are by-product of nature in the same way as sunflowers and daffodils are...So I think that doesn't matter much...its just perception :)

That is not a correct comparison.

Saying that the universe tries to reach a higher purpose = Water is afraid of water so it goes into places with less water.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
That is not a correct comparison.

Saying that the universe tries to reach a higher purpose = Water is afraid of water so it goes into places with less water.
water/prakriti by nature is an achetana/non-living but it has KrushNa as the inner substratum...You do not know even what goes on in your body, so how can you try to comprehend the Sri KrushNa's maya....Water is responsible for sending whatever we eat to different parts of body, but how does water know where to send each type of food to various parts ? does water have consciousness? ofcourse not, but there is an entity inside water which is called by many names sat, adesha, parabrahma, paramaatma which is responsible for diverting our food intakes and which does not sleep and full of bliss.....This is just basic logic...Atheism cannot stand the power of sanatana dharma.....If one knows the basics of sanatana dharma, he would take the shelter of lotus feet of Maha VishNu and return to your father Maha VishNu

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
water/prakriti by nature is an achetana/non-living but it has KrushNa as the inner substratum...You do not know even what goes on in your body, so how can you try to comprehend the Sri KrushNa's maya....Water is responsible for sending whatever we eat to different parts of body, but how does water know where to send each type of food to various parts ? does water have consciousness? ofcourse not, but there is an entity inside water which is called by many names sat, adesha, parabrahma, paramaatma which is responsible for diverting our food intakes which does not sleep and full of bliss.......Atheism cannot stand the power of sanatana dharma.....If one knows the basics of sanatana dharma, he would take the shelter of lotus feet of Maha VishNu

Actually I have taken several college level biology courses and have had basic medical training so I will ask that you not presume what I do or do not know about he function of water in the human body.

Do you have any evidence that there is an entity inside water?

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Actually I have taken several college level biology courses and have had basic medical training so I will ask that you not presume what I do or do not know about he function of water in the human body.

Do you have any evidence that there is an entity inside water?
do you think water has the knowledge ?

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Does it matter what I think?
ok lets start with you, you said you have taken several biology courses, can you tell what happens to food that we eat, how is it getting distributed to different parts of your body, some gets turned into fat, some into muscle tissue, some into blood ? who is doing all this stuff without you knowing it ?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
ok lets start with you, you said you have taken several biology courses, can you tell what happens to food that we eat, how is it getting distributed to different parts of your body, some gets turned into fat, some into muscle tissue, some into blood ? who is doing all this stuff without you knowing it ?
You have to prove that someone does that for me to try to guess who it is.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
You have to prove that someone does that for me to try to guess who it is.
you are escaping my question but let me bite, anywhere, if something works in an ordered fashion, there has to be a conscious entity behind that, which has modeled that. This is plain logic, take anything in the universe, this thing fits. things or non-sentient/non-conscious things without knowledge just dont work themselves...commonsense...If a machine is working, there has to a human who modeled it to work that way. Everyone has to agree with this, if you do not for some reason, give me a counter example! so who is that one who is making the things to work in your body, obvioussly its not you, you are just plain ignorant of what happens inside. am i right?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
you are escaping my question but let me bite, anywhere, if something works in an ordered fashion, there has to be a conscious entity behind that, which has modeled that. This is plain logic, take anything in the universe, this thing fits. things or non-sentient/non-conscious things without knowledge just dont work themselves...commonsense...If a machine is working, there has to a human who modeled it to work that way. Everyone has to agree with this, if you do not for some reason, give me a counter example! so who is that one who is making the things to work in your body, obvioussly its not you, you are just plain ignorant of what happens inside. am i right?

Incorrect.

You see I am one of the last people on this forum you want to try to espouse false logic to because I am a philosophy major, epistemology in particular, and I know how logic works.

You can present a model that works but that does not make a model true, you have to have supporting evidence for that model or else it is nothing more than speculation.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Incorrect.

You see I am one of the last people on this forum you want to try to espouse false logic to because I am a philosophy major, epistemology in particular, and I know how logic works.

You can present a model that works but that does not make a model true, you have to have supporting evidence for that model or else it is nothing more than speculation.
I don't know why you feel the need to bloat about your degrees..no one cares really......I just presented you a logic that you failed to address any of the concerns, you just really think that the things that are happening in your body by magic and not backed up by some knowledge (which is ofcourse not yours) ? That sounds completely foolish.....You do not even know like 10 raised to power x of your OWN BODY and here you are trying to understand that brahman with your/our foolish minds..First you need to understand what and how are things in your body before you go onto larger things..Take it slow and ask your self the question who is sending food to various parts inside my body? who ?If you understand this, you understood everything

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I don't know why you feel the need to bloat about your degrees..no one cares really......I just presented you a logic that you failed to address any of the concerns, you just really think that the things that are happening in your body is not backed up by some knowledge which is ofcourse not yours ? That sounds completely foolish.....You do not even know like 10 raised to power x of your OWN BODY and here you are trying to understand that brahman with your/our foolish minds

Excuse you but if you had read my post I just pointed out the flaw in your "logic".

My foolish mind? It is foolish to ask questions and seek evidence?

Excuse me but if you cannot show me the evidence that you base your belief one, then what does that make you?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I don't know why you feel the need to bloat about your degrees..no one cares really......I just presented you a logic that you failed to address any of the concerns, you just really think that the things that are happening in your body by magic and not backed up by some knowledge (which is ofcourse not yours) ? That sounds completely foolish.....You do not even know like 10 raised to power x of your OWN BODY and here you are trying to understand that brahman with your/our foolish minds..First you need to understand what and how are things in your body before you go onto larger things..Take it slow and ask your self the question who is sending food to various parts inside my body? who ?If you understand this, you understood everything

Oh and if you meant to say boast instead of bloat.

I am trying to explain to you that I have a formal education in logic and epistemology, so I can explain to you that I am in fact well informed in what is logical and what is not.