• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost

reddogs

The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. He is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation.

Fundamental Beliefs
  • Deuteronomy 6:4 - Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD
  • Matthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
  • 2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
  • Ephesians 4:4-6 -
    • 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    • 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    • 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
  • 1 Peter 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
  • 1 Timothy 1:17 - Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
  • Revelation 14:7 - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
From Everlasting.--While God's Word speaks of the humanity of Christ when upon this earth, it also speaks decidedly regarding His pre-existence. The Word existed as a divine being, even as the eternal Son of God, in union and oneness with His Father. From everlasting He was the Mediator of the covenant, the one in whom all nations of the earth, both Jews and Gentiles, if they accepted Him, were to be blessed. "The Word was with God, and the Word was God." Before men or angels were created, the Word was with God, and was God.--Review and Herald, April 5, 1906.

Micah prophesied the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem.
He stressed the eternal goings forth are from
OLD, from Everlasting.

"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Though you are little among the
thousands of Judah,
Yet out of you shall come forth to Me
The One to be ruler in Israel,
Whose going forth have been from old,
From everlasting" Mic 5-2

Dan 7-13,14 Implies the pre-existence of Jesus

I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Acient of Days
And they brought Him near before Him
Then to Him was given dominion and
glory and a kingdom
That all peoples, nations, and
languages should serve Him
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed

Proverbs 30-4 Christ from the Everlasting

Who has ascended into heaven, or
descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a
garment?
Who has established all the ends of the
earth?
What is His name, and what is His
Son's name,
If you know?

John 12-37 Tells us Isaiah saw Jesus,

Isa 6-1,2,3,4,5

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw
the Lord sitting on a throne, high and
lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the
temple.
Above it stood seraphim; each one had
six wings:with two he covered his face,with
two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
And one cried to another and said:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!"

vs 5 For my eyes have seen the King
The Lord of Hosts

Most assuredly I say to you,before Abraham was,
I AM. John 8-58

Remember the story of Moses and the Burning Bush.

“14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.”(Ex 3:14-15 AV)

John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

1. The Bible claims that the Son of God has legitimate right to be worshipped.
2. The Bible claims the Son of God is our Creator.
3. The Bible claims that the Son of God possesses authority as King of the Universe to give the Law.

1. Only Almighty God should be worshipped.
2. Only Almighty God is our Creator.
3. Only Almighty God is the Lawgiver of the universe.“There is one lawgiver.” James 2:12.“ For the LORD (Jehovah) is our judge, the LORD (Jehovah) is our lawgiver, the LORD (Jehovah) is our king (Jesus is our King, Rev 19:16; John 1:49); he will save us (Jesus will save us from our sins ( Matthew 1:21).”(Isa 33:22 AV)

For any creature to claim the right to be worshipped is blaspheme. In fact the Jews falsely accused Jesus of this.“ The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.”(John 10:33 AV) Notice these scriptures that show Jesus was worshipped, and Jesus declaring it "Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Mt 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Mr 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

Lu 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Re 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

“ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”(Mt 4:10 AV)

Jesus Christ is part of the GodHead/Trinity, just as the Father and Holy Ghost as scripture clearly shows us.