• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Father caters to the pedophile's whims

…God asked of Abraham to kill his own kid…

And prevented it and so there is no reason to think God wanted him to be executed.

…For those who do believe, answer me this question: if a Father lets a registered pedophile in the same room with his children, knowing in advance that the pedophile wants to molest them, isn't the Father guilty for what happens?...

No. Everyone is responsible only of their own actions. But, by your logic, gun manufactures are guilty of all murders, and they should be held responsible and sent to jail (everyone know that guns are used to kill people)?

…Why does God allow a pedophile and serial killer to rape and murder countless of his children year after year, century after century, when he alone has the power to lock the rapist and murderer up so that he has no ability to harm anyone else? Well, it's because we obviously have a Father that wants some of his children to be raped and murdered, and that is obvious. My question is, why?

I disagree with you. God has told that we should love others as ourselves, so clearly, He doesn’t want us to do anything evil to others. However, many evil things are possible, because God has given us freedom. People wanted to know evil and that is why we were sent to this first death. Here we can know what it means to be without God (and good). It is sad that many people want to do evil things. Luckily this is only a short lesson and those who are righteous can go back to life.

…Scripture says God created evil. The question is, why?

In this case I think it is very important to understand that in Bible evil is like darkness, it means there is no light. People wanted to know evil and rejected God and so also good. God created evil by allowing people to be without Him. And if people want to be without God, I think there is no reason to complain, if God doesn’t protect.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Of course, I don't know what it's like to be molested. Maybe someone can explain why it's good to continue reminiscing on it, and why forgiveness is not an option?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course, I don't know what it's like to be molested. Maybe someone can explain why it's good to continue reminiscing on it, and why forgiveness is not an option?
Rape is a very traumatic experience, especially is it's violent and brutal, and especially if it's experienced by a child. Of course it's going to have a profound psychological impact, resulting in conditions that include PTSD.
Would you tell a war vet to grow up and get over their PTSD?

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!

I don’t think reminiscing is the correct word. But forgiveness is so very difficult in that situation. Holding onto the anger and resentment means holding onto the pain. Forgiveness would mean letting it all go. It’s possible.