• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fascism Test

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Correct. That part was more far left communism. Fascism is more about favoured races, social Darwinism and their God given right to rule over others etc.
But maybe I am wrong
Oh, it is so much more.
I see it as hyper-authoritarianism.
Definition of fascism | Dictionary.com
noun
1) (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
2) (sometimes initial capital letter) the philosophy, principles, or methods of fascism.
3) (initial capital letter) a political movement that employs the principles and methods of fascism, especially the one established by Mussolini in Italy 1922–43.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes, I fully agreed with that.
The common good is superior to the individuals' wishes.
This is basic principles of administrative law, by the way.
There are two ways to think about this notion of "common good," however.

The first (the way I think about it), is that the individual should be sovereign over anything he wishes to undertake, provided it does not do harm to the common good. Thus, for example, who I marry is not of the least interest to the common good, and therefore the common good (the state) should have no interest in it.

The second way to think about it (the more fascist way) is to suppose that individuals ought to be required to behave in certain ways for the purpose of adding to the common good. I do not hold with that at all.

exchemist

Veteran Member
This is for individuals to assess themselves. I have to admit that I didn't understand some of the statements, while some were easy to figure "where they are coming from." Some might make interesting discussion topics for this forum.

How Fascist Are You?

I scored 22%.

IDRlabs
I thought this was pretty childish stuff. The questions seemed so obvious. None of them were at all difficult or thought-provoking. I scored 26% but so what? It didn't tell me anything about myself I did not know and I'm sure that will be true for anyone.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There are two ways to think about this notion of "common good," however.

The first (the way I think about it), is that the individual should be sovereign over anything he wishes to undertake, provided it does not do harm to the common good. Thus, for example, who I marry is not of the least interest to the common good, and therefore the common good (the state) should have no interest in it.

The second way to think about it (the more fascist way) is to suppose that individuals ought to be required to behave in certain ways for the purpose of adding to the common good. I do not hold with that at all.
That's exactly what I mean.
What goes on in the privacy of someone's bedroom doesn't affect the common good at all.
So it is something the State should not have a say about.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
12% I'm not surprised.
fascism-meter.png

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is a basic misunderstanding of what makes markets efficient. Ideally there should be hundreds of companies making the same part and competing with each other for business. That competition ensure quality and innovation and low pricing, the customer then has the freedom to switch as soon as one companies product does a wee bit better than the others. This is why monopolies or a few players making a secret deal and creating a clique to capture the market is so damaging to the economy.
And that is in reality an issue for the Earth because we have to consider resource management. Unlimited growth and perpetual resources are not reality.
It's also a poor understanding of consumers. Many go to places like Harbor Freights where the tools are cheap and you get what you pay for. People shouldn't go there, I've seen what their tools can't handle, but they do it anyways. Microsoft is junk but it dominates the computer market. Nestle has killed babies and forced their legal muscle to steal water from communities that have said no but dominates in food, baby formula, and especially bottled water.
Really, we don't need a dozen of the exact same wrenches in a single line with a dozen more lines of the exact same thing with a different label, with that set up in dozens and hundreds of stores. The Earth can't sustain it. It's the same way with tires. And it's highly problematic when it comes to commercial and vanity usage of resources such as water.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's another test called the "F test" linked from that page. F-Scale Test I took that one as well and got "This makes you 8.4% less authoritarian than the average person."

Explanation of Facets:
Conventionalism

Rigid adherence to conventional, middle-class values.
Your Score: Very Low

Authoritarian Submission
Submissive, uncritical attitude towards the idealized authorities of the group.
Your Score: Average

Authoritarian Aggression
Tendency to be alert to, condemn, reject, and to want to punish people who violate conventional values.
Your Score: Low

Anti-Intraception
Opposition to the subjective and the imaginative, as well as a dislike of abstract art and tender-minded people.

Superstition-Stereotypy
Superstitious beliefs about the determinants of the individual's fate and the disposition to think in rigid categories.

Power-Toughness
Preoccupation with dominance-submission and leader-follower dynamics, as well as identification with power figures and the tendency to want to assert strength and toughness.

Destructiveness-Cynicism
Generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies.

Projectivity
Disposition to suspect that wild and dangerous things go behind closed doors, that one's group is losing control and that traditional society is headed towards destruction.

Anti-Degeneracy
Concern with the sexual "goings-on" of others and resistance to sexual degeneracy within one’s group.

aaaa.PNG

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
There's another test called the "F test" linked from that page. F-Scale Test I took that one as well and got "This makes you 8.4% less authoritarian than the average person."

Explanation of Facets:
Conventionalism

Rigid adherence to conventional, middle-class values.

Authoritarian Submission
Submissive, uncritical attitude towards the idealized authorities of the group.

Authoritarian Aggression
Tendency to be alert to, condemn, reject, and to want to punish people who violate conventional values.

Anti-Intraception
Opposition to the subjective and the imaginative, as well as a dislike of abstract art and tender-minded people.

Superstition-Stereotypy
Superstitious beliefs about the determinants of the individual's fate and the disposition to think in rigid categories.

Power-Toughness
Preoccupation with dominance-submission and leader-follower dynamics, as well as identification with power figures and the tendency to want to assert strength and toughness.

Destructiveness-Cynicism
Generalized hostility to things not in line with one's personal values, and the devaluation of human life and tendencies.

Projectivity
Disposition to suspect that wild and dangerous things go behind closed doors, that one's group is losing control and that traditional society is headed towards destruction.

Anti-Degeneracy
Concern with the sexual "goings-on" of others and resistance to sexual degeneracy within one’s group.

View attachment 65159
What do you make of it?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What do you make of it?

It seemed pretty accurate to me in spite of some quibbles. For example, "Opposition to the subjective and the imaginative, as well as a dislike of abstract art and tender-minded people." is too broad. My view of science makes me opposed to the subjective in scientific realms. And I dislike abstract art but not tender-minded people.

As usual, those are fun questions but I don't put too much emphasis on the results.