• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The famous Scientists are too busy to answer common people. What if they organise the paid letters?

questfortruth

CV: "author in Physical Review E and European Physical Journal B, got Grants and won Prizes."

The famous Scientists are too busy to answer common people. What if they organise the paid correspondence?

Take for example the Dr. Michio Kaku - the front cover face of modern Science.

He keeps saying in his videos in YouTube: "if you'd find out what the Dark Matter is, then please tell me first", and "there is a Nobel Prize out there, if you'd figure this out."

But because there are many people, and the famous people are just few, then the letters from common people are not reaching the eyes of elites. I'll bet somebody even discovered the Quantum Gravity, but nobody cares.

The system of secretaries of Michio Kaku are not just as well wise as the master. So, they reject those letters, which seem a bit complicated than average.

Therefore, I propose the system of payings (fees). For example, first letter to Michio Kaku should cost 200 USD. But is garanteed, that the Michio in person will read the letter. There are could scientific ideas in customer's letter. All a customer wants for his money (originally - 200 USD) is what the Kaku get's his letter and reads it, the Kaku has no obligation to reply, nor to comment. No to agree with the letter. The customer only can hope, that the letter pleases the Kaku. How about it?

The idea for Scientific Establishment to cash common people is not new:
Backreaction: Talk To A Scientist

But I propose the different aim: to establish the bridge between elites
and the common people from the street.
In the link above the Scientists are willing to teach the people the known things,
but they do not offer the possibility to promote the new ideas of the common people.
No peer-review journal is accepting ideas of poor people (it means: not "educated" ones, not the "famous" ones).
The only ones are the journals of OPEN ACCESS, but they charge at least 800 USD, and are not recognised as "good" places to publish: OPEN ACCESS journals are like the dumpsters of papers (nobody would it take seriously, nobody would read).

Some of my own ideas are in the files in the link (don't be scared by the title, I do not think, that True laws do become violated without a wonder):

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325022362_Violation_of_energy-momentum_conservation_Laws

QUOTE from them:

So, we have gained the following knowledge: we are sure about what we have demonstrated within General Relativity. And we should be safe to baseless criticism, until a disproof is found. If you do not know a theorem, then you truly don't know the theorem. If you are sure that $2=1+1$, then you are truly sure. If you doubt that the Holographic Principle is true, then you truly doubt it. So, there is always the Absolute Truth. There is no limit of getting knowledge. Let us call a human, who got to know all, a ``Q''. Think about the ``Q'', watch the film "Lucy". The ``Q'' knows also that he exists. So, the ``Q'' really exists, because even such a knowledge is out to get there.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member

He keeps saying in his videos in YouTube: "if you'd find out what the Dark Matter is, then please tell me first", and "there is a Nobel Prize out there, if you'd figure this out."

But because there are many people, and the famous people are just few, then the letters from common people are not reaching the eyes of elites. I'll bet somebody even discovered the Quantum Gravity, but nobody cares.

The system of secretaries of Michio Kaku are not just as well wise as the master. So, they reject the letters, which seem a bit complicated than average.

Therefore, I propose the system of pays. For example, the Michio gets 200 USD with the first letter from me (or a customer). With garante, that Michio eyes will be reading my letter. How about it?

You totally lost me with that post.

What is your point?

questfortruth

You totally lost me with that post.

What is your point?
I propose the system of payings (fees). For example, the Michio gets 200 USD with the first letter from me (or a customer). With garante, that Michio eyes will be reading my letter. How about it?

Altfish

Veteran Member
I propose the system of payings (fees). For example, the Michio gets 200 USD with the first letter from me (or a customer). With garante, that Michio eyes will be reading my letter. How about it?
Sounds like the sort of system that the cranks and those with more money than sense will be the only ones getting replies.
The real scientists will not pay the fees.

exchemist

Veteran Member

The system of secretaries of Michio Kaku are not just as well wise as the master. So, they reject the letters, which seem a bit complicated than average.

Therefore, I propose the system of payings (fees). For example, the Michio gets 200 USD with the first letter from me (or a customer). With garante, that Michio eyes will be reading my letter. How about it?

If you really think you can just crowdfund solutions to the remaining problem in physics, you are out of your mind. The science discussion forums on the web are full of cranks and nutters who think they have solved this. I have long since given up reading any of them. Most of them can barely do any algebra, have never looked through a telescope or done a lab experiment. Silly ideas about an aether, or an electric universe, abound. And those are the more coherent ones!

And if you think a TV populariser like Kaku needs $200 that badly, you are not in touch with reality.

questfortruth

If you really think you can just crowdfund solutions to the remaining problem in physics, you are out of your mind. The science discussion forums on the web are full of cranks and nutters who think they have solved this. I have long since given up reading any of them. Most of them can barely do any algebra, have never looked through a telescope or done a lab experiment. Silly ideas about an aether, or an electric universe, abound. And those are the more coherent ones!

And if you think a TV populariser like Kaku needs $200 that badly, you are not in touch with reality.
Some of us are truly wise. Just increase the fee up to 500 USD per one customer, the 10 customers - 5000 USD. Just for one read from Michio Kaku in person.

Last edited:

Jumi

Some of us are truly wise. Just increase the fee up to 500 USD per one customer, the 10 customers - 5000 USD. Just for one read from Michio Kaku in person.
Why do you assume he'd want to read letters from people for money?

Jumi

Well, let us increase the fee up to 2000 USD just for reading the first letter without obligation to reply.
My question remains the same. Why would they want to read letters for money? A lot of scientists care more about the truth of how things work than a wad of cash. I worked under scientists who could have made lots of money in private sector, yet they wanted to stick to research for their own curiosity and the benefit of us all.

questfortruth

My question remains the same. Why would they want to read letters for money? A lot of scientists care more about the truth of how things work than a wad of cash. I worked under scientists who could have made lots of money in private sector, yet they wanted to stick to research for their own curiosity and the benefit of us all.
All a customer wants for his money (originally - 200 USD) is what the Kaku get's his letter and reads it, the Kaku has no obligation to reply, nor to comment. No to agree with the letter. The customer only can hope, that the letter pleases the Kaku.

Jumi

All a customer wants for his money (originally - 200 USD) is what the Kaku get's his letter and reads it, the Kaku has no obligation to reply, nor to comment. No to agree with the letter. The customer only can hope, that the letter pleases the Kaku.
I guess you don't understand what I'm asking.

HonestJoe

I’m not sure being famous or common is an issue. The vast majority of scientists, especially in this field, won’t be in any way famous in the mainstream. He’ll be aware of the people working in his field regardless and if you’re seriously working on it yourself, submitting valid work to peer review would bring you in to the same sphere.

I suspect he is being somewhat flippant with the “tell me first” line and it’s mainly aimed at people working in the field (and I’m sure he’d like in on the Nobel Prize too). If something like dark matter is ever really worked out, it’s almost certainly going to be a collaborative, multi-faceted effort anyway.

Therefore, I propose the system of payings (fees). For example, the Michio gets 200 USD with the first letter from me (or a customer). With garante, that Michio eyes will be reading my letter. How about it?
I don’t see the benefit. There’s nothing to say someone willing and able to throw money at this will have any more insight than someone who doesn’t. He’d just get a wealthier class of kooks while the serious professionals would be no better (or worse) off.

ecco

Veteran Member
Well, let us increase the fee up to 2000 USD just for reading the first letter without obligation to reply.
Just put a $2000 check in an envelope with your theory. Tell the recipient that they can cash the check if they read your article. If you get the check back, try with a different physicist. If the check gets cashed, you will have accomplished your goal.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

I'll read a letter for $2000 if I don't have to reply. I'll take them in math or physics. I'll first skim to be sure it is even worth reading, then cash the check. If it clears, I will read the paper.

OK, OK, I'll do it for $1000.

Jumi

To the original, I wonder if you've sent a letter and it didn't come back with an answer.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

We've even had a couple of memorable posts right here on RF along these lines.
Not that I'd dare try and educate anyone on science, but their understanding (or misunderstanding) of what would lead people to invest in business ideas was amazingly naive.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll read a letter for $2000 if I don't have to reply. I'll take them in math or physics. I'll first skim to be sure it is even worth reading, then cash the check. If it clears, I will read the paper.

OK, OK, I'll do it for $1000.

$750, although I'll admit to being unqualified. Well, I am technically a science major...I guess...sorta...

questfortruth

"
Talk To A Scientist

You have a question about the foundations of physics but don't know where to even start? Now you can talk to me or someone from my team of consultants on skype at US$ 50 for 20 minutes.

Besides physics, we now also offer philosophy, geophysics, biology, volcanology, and neuroscience! Backreaction: Talk To A Scientist
"