• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fall of man; Free will

Thief

Rogue Theologian
chicken or the egg? What if there wasn't a first person? What if there was no beginning? I believe that our Spirits are as old as God's...

And this relates to Genesis...how?

There are 6billion people now....in regression...we trace back to...one.

I happen to believe my previous postings.

Did you want to rebuttal post #672?

waitasec

Veteran Member
I have not been 'cherry picking'.
I endeavour to consider the whole of the Bible's position and address not just the words but their context and the import and implications that they convey.

You, however, have done a fair bit of 'cherry picking' in this conversation and I have had to repeatedly pick you up for dropping words and ideas out of the passages that you have quoted.
And when I have done so, you have reverted to ridicule or simply repeated the same assertion with, or without, another butchered verse.

And it is you who have tried to apply everything in the Bible to everyone at everytime.
The strength of your argument, that the Bible is worthless, rests on your claim of an inerrant and universally applicable text.
It is your claim, not mine.

I am a believer, but not a believer in your unfounded assertions.

sexism, slavery and homophobia have been perpetuated by the laws of your bible...if you choose to deny that FACT you are beyond the point of being reasoned with

waitasec

Veteran Member
'The fact that women are more religious than men is one of the most consistent findings in the sociology of religion.

I believe that, scripturally, women are more likely to be deceived by religious fakery than men.

If I beleive that because the scripture says so, it should be no concern to you.
You should believe it also, because the most recent research into the psychology and sociology of religion confirms the Bible's pronouncement.

And again, for the record, I think men and women are equal.

looks like you don't know what you believe

jonman122

And this relates to Genesis...how?

There are 6billion people now....in regression...we trace back to...one.

I happen to believe my previous postings.

Did you want to rebuttal post #672?

we don't trace back to one person no, in fact i'm fairly sure science has shown that if you put 1 man and 1 woman on a planet alone together in a place where they could thrive together indefinitely, the race would still die out. 2 just isn't nearly enough, you'd need like 10 women and 1 man. that would give your race a chance for survival, as you wouldnt have excessive inbreeding and deformations until your race died out.

jonman122

I have not been 'cherry picking'.
I endeavour to consider the whole of the Bible's position and address not just the words but their context and the import and implications that they convey.

You, however, have done a fair bit of 'cherry picking' in this conversation and I have had to repeatedly pick you up for dropping words and ideas out of the passages that you have quoted.
And when I have done so, you have reverted to ridicule or simply repeated the same assertion with, or without, another butchered verse.

And it is you who have tried to apply everything in the Bible to everyone at everytime.
The strength of your argument, that the Bible is worthless, rests on your claim of an inerrant and universally applicable text.
It is your claim, not mine.

I am a believer, but not a believer in your unfounded assertions.

This almost made me cry it was so hilarious. Who made the 'unfounded assertion' that Adam even cared at all if he ate the apple that Eve gave him? Where in the bible does it tell of him having a moral dilemna about it? Not a single place at all. You threw in tons of crap that you pulled out of your rectum, and now you are trying to place that blame on someone else? FOR SHAME, FOR SHAME.

dmgdnooc

Well, its fact fail for you.
I have not argued for a literal acceptance of early Genesis, you have.
And your argument requires literality in order that you can discredit the true things that Genesis relates concerning human nature and our relationship with God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
we don't trace back to one person no, in fact i'm fairly sure science has shown that if you put 1 man and 1 woman on a planet alone together in a place where they could thrive together indefinitely, the race would still die out. 2 just isn't nearly enough, you'd need like 10 women and 1 man. that would give your race a chance for survival, as you wouldnt have excessive inbreeding and deformations until your race died out.

Here is your requirement for a gene pool.
Day Six...Man is created as a species.

Chapter Two of Genesis....the isolated experiment that altered the body of Man, and became the source of what we are now.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Here is your requirement for a gene pool.
Day Six...Man is created as a species.

Chapter Two of Genesis....the isolated experiment that altered the body of Man, and became the source of what we are now.

what a wonderful example of using religion to do all the thinking for you