• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The faces of Russian conscripts

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have to say I feel bad for those poor older ******** conscripted and sent as cannon fodder to die in Ukraine. That whole evil government needs to be swept away and replaced by a better one.

Capture.PNG

Suave

Simulated character
I have to say I feel bad for those poor older ******** conscripted and sent as cannon fodder to die in Ukraine. That whole evil government needs to be swept away and replaced by a better one.

View attachment 67039

Perhaps the elderly Russian conscripts will be sent as peacekeepers to Luhansk and Donetsk where they will help enforce the referendum vote of the people there to secede from Ukraine and subsequently join the Russian Federation.

Viker

Häxan
Perhaps the elderly Russian conscripts will be sent as peacekeepers to Luhansk and Donetsk where they will help enforce the referendum vote of the people there to secede from Ukraine and subsequently join the Russian Federation.
Russian peacekeepers? There would be something new and refreshing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

The referendum obviously isn't legitimate, given that many votes were coerced.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is very naive, and any succession isn't valid or legit. People were forced to vote with guns pointed at them, so any and all ballots are more suitable for toilet paper shortages.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 67039
I'd serve my country again if nessessary.

Dunno how good I'll ever be, with arthritis waning eyesight, and a heart condition, but I'd do it.

Just train me in a tank, or aircraft. Best place for old ones.

Old people need some young tough heavy metal behind them to compensate.

Or as you say, perfect cannon fodder.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

That sham vote has already taken place - you are behind in the news. All that will happen is that Putin will declare the seized lands part of Russia which Ukraine and the west will never accept and the war will continue to throw out the invader.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Watch China play the long game
Yep. China is one reason we can't let Putin win. China is supporting Russia just as much as not to **** off the west but are hoping for a precedent of annexation working to attack Taiwan next.

RestlessSoul

I would like to see the whole world send a message of love and brotherhood to the ordinary people of both Russia and Ukraine, who have for centuries suffered at the hands of corrupt and unscrupulous leaders.

And rather than send weapons to Ukraine, I prefer to send my prayers to those Russians who have the courage to refuse to fight.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wow, the war fever here is ridiculous. It reminds me of the "rah-rah, you're with us or against us!" atmosphere during early parts of the Iraq Catastrophe in 2003. I mean, are we crazy? This isn't some tinpot dictator in the third world. This is Russia. They could nuke us off the planet (and then they'd die in the counter-strikes). This would be all-out WW3 with modern technology.

Who is going to "sweep" this government away? Us? By force? Anyone calling for that has lost their marbles. It's not as if we have a great record of that, and that's even with far weaker countries. Russia is one of the most powerful countries in the world. And we're not in good shape. Russia is doing better than us in some respects, from what I've last read. There's a whole world outside of the American Empire and they have their own perspectives and goals. They tend to be fine doing business with nations "we" have placed on the naughty list. So Russia may not be doing as badly economically as we are now.

Also, we're in no shape to be fighting any such war. We were just totally embarrassed in Afghanistan. In fact, we've been embarrassed ever since WW2. No young person I know gives a damn about this Ukraine nonsense. This is some old people trying to rehash the Cold War and we're not interested. It has nothing to do with them, or me or America in general.

I'm poor, although I work my *** off. I pay my taxes, why should billions of our money be dumped into a black hole in a cesspool of corruption (look into Ukraine and the corruption, and don't forget about Biden and Hunter's Ukraine dealings), while most of us at this time are struggling to make ends meet in this recession. We can't pay our bills, the prices of goods, energy and food are skyrocketing, our rent is soaring, violence is soaring, mental illness, addiction, homelessness is soaring, but this is what we want to support? This is robbery.

If you want to play soldier, go hook up with a mercenary group, go to Ukraine and have at it. But don't demand we all follow you into destruction.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Wow, the war fever here is ridiculous. It reminds me of the "rah-rah, you're with us or against us!" atmosphere during early parts of the Iraq Catastrophe in 2003. I mean, are we crazy? This isn't some tinpot dictator in the third world. This is Russia. They could nuke us off the planet (and then they'd die in the counter-strikes). This would be all-out WW3 with modern technology.

Who is going to "sweep" this government away? Us? By force? Anyone calling for that has lost their marbles. It's not as if we have a great record of that, and that's even with far weaker countries. Russia is one of the most powerful countries in the world. And we're not in good shape. Russia is doing better than us in some respects, from what I've last read. There's a whole world outside of the American Empire and they have their own perspectives and goals. They tend to be fine doing business with nations "we" have placed on the naughty list. So Russia may not be doing as badly economically as we are now.

Also, we're in no shape to be fighting any such war. We were just totally embarrassed in Afghanistan. In fact, we've been embarrassed ever since WW2. No young person I know gives a damn about this Ukraine nonsense. This is some old people trying to rehash the Cold War and we're not interested. It has nothing to do with them, or me or America in general.

I'm poor, although I work my *** off. I pay my taxes, why should billions of our money be dumped into a black hole in a cesspool of corruption (look into Ukraine and the corruption, and don't forget about Biden and Hunter's Ukraine dealings), while most of us at this time are struggling to make ends meet in this recession. We can't pay our bills, the prices of goods, energy and food are skyrocketing, our rent is soaring, violence is soaring, mental illness, addiction, homelessness is soaring, but this is what we want to support? This is robbery.

If you want to play soldier, go hook up with a mercenary group, go to Ukraine and have at it. But don't demand we all follow you into destruction.

How does opposing unprovoked invasions and war crimes equal "war fever" or "playing soldier"? Don't be disingenuous.

Torturing, raping, and murdering children is a bad thing. No amount of mental gymnastics is going to get around that.