• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The existance of GOD

Please trish, it was funny at first but now its getting painful, just stop, change your name, and promise to never make allusions to the basic principles of science ever again. And seriously, read a book ^^

Mystic

If we're on our own...then how come God speaks to me and actually guides me when I ask a question.

Nga_Believe said:
Here's what I think about God in terms of my philosophy which has a lot of existentialist influences...

God exists. There are too many things in life and this world that can't be explained such as how the world and life were created etc. Therefore there must be a greater something at work that Christians choose to call "God."

God is dead. This is a phrase coined by an existentialist philosopher (I forget which one) and this simply means that although God exists, he is not present in our lives. We're on our own. God doesn't work miracles or answer our prayers. We're in this life to figure stuff out on our own. Our purpose in life isn't to worship God, be work towards getting into heaven. Our purpose in life is what we make it. We're on our own.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I believe that we are all spiritual entities that were created (originated) at different moments. By process of elimination (illumination?) you can eventually discern that there had to BE one entity who was formed first. This I would believe to BE GOD. I do not think that there is any social or royal status that comes with BEing the longest living entity but there does exist quite a bit of UNDERSTANDING (wisdom).
Like Linus has mentioned in the beginning of the post it is how much you allow GOD in your life that could strengthen or weaken this belief/existence. I do K(NOW) that GOD exists with or without us. I do not believe if we deny GOD that we deny ourselves.

paradigmatic

Stop now, all you contemptuous human beings. I feel pity on you so, I shall save your souls.

All you logical humans, here I have the proof that God exists because I AM.

All you so-called true believers, repent because you are not.

I AM, the prophet, nature, Universe, yin and yang, Creator, savior, alpha and omega and infinite being. Bow down before me and destroy your egos.

Love and care of Jesus and Buddha are me, so are Philosophies of Socrates and Confucius.

Anything and everything is with you for you were created as such.

Help yourself and stop calling me for help.

I was just kidding when I said I'll send you to hell. -- a bad joke.

Enjoy your human existence for now. Do not pursue happiness, pursue the eternal inner-peace.

I'm out. Peace.

if you have any further questions, call 1-800-Ru4rEaL.

captain

It's funny, but I tried to rationalize all of This...this...reality, what's real, what's dimensional, what's scientific. But it has nothing to do with what is "real" because it's all based on faith. Jews believe they're right, Christians believe they're right, Confuscious-isms, ists, ousies, whatever You want to call Yourselves, it does not matter because what matters is what is in Your Heart. I personally believe what the Bible says--Jesus is the only way to the Father. It's what I believe, not what I rationalize or try making sense of. It's what I have FAITH in! It's like the Pharisees who thought the ways to eternal life was through Your works, but that's not so because our works are but of dirty rags to the Father. People who believe that life is an endless cycle, that we are all one big mistake in the universe that we are re-incarnated are just this- Confusious(ists) because God turns them over to a reprobate mind (CONFUS-ED as hell!!). You all want to know if God exists and who He is?? Read the Bible, it will tell You all about God. HE IS LOVE!! People think Hell is non-existent that God would not create such a place. It's in the Bible and Jesus spoke alot of Hell!! If You do not accept the Son, then You are the anti-Christ. That's what it says in the Bible. Don't believe Jesus is the way to eternal life? Better hope You're right!!

Master Vigil

"People who believe that life is an endless cycle, that we are all one big mistake in the universe that we are re-incarnated are just this- Confusious(ists)"

Confucious did not think that we were a mistake. He held that the human society shaped the way of the Tao. (I personally disagree with this notion and agree with lao tzu's take on the Tao, which is that the Tao shapes us.) But still, I don't even remember ever reading that Confucious believed in reincarnation. And do not assume that the bible is the word of god, it was written by mere finite and imperfect humans, and is therefore finite and imperfect.

anti-fanaticism

I believe that what we think of as God is actually Creation. Creation being the source of the universe and reason for its existance. Creation is not a person and souldnt be personified, Its the energy that keeps the universe flowing. I also think that theres a tiny splinter of this Creation in Humans. This could possibly be because the way our brain generates consisousness attracts this energy to ourselfs. I do have a firm belief that religion is a hinderence to our further evolution, wich is the meaning of life. You do not need to be coaxed into living with the promise if a perfect afterlife. After you die, your souls energy is mixed with creations too add a small part back into the fuel for the Universe. Pay much attention to new physics developments because science is nearing the point where it understands the Universe structure, proving what I say about Creation as true.

Live for the truth

Rolling_Stone

i would realy like to know the point of view of philosophy about the existance of GOD.

Does GOD exists or no ??

thank you

Hadeka.
Arguments necessarily follow what one believes about God. If God is defined as pure Consciousness, then God is not an object or entity or anything we can possibly conceive because all of it would be taking place in God. Denying God's existence would be like saying "this statement is false."

The question, then, becomes, not whether God exists, but rather what can be said about God.

to hadeka,,hi ,,going to the orig question ,,yes I believe in god . The problem is we have no experience with such a being ,ergo we can say little about him. It comes down to his ways are not our ways. I think we can logic our way to his existence thru cause and effect [Acquinas]. Every effect has a cause ,,we are effects ,so we must have a cause. The cause and effect series is either finite,or infinite,so if we prove it is not infinite,then it must be finite and there is a first cause [god]. In a dependent series ie b causes c,c causes d,d causes e etc[the current effect is dependent upon the previous.....the first cause is the cause of the last,eg since the series is dependent , the last effect can be traced back to the initial cause,without an initial cause there cld be no last effect.We see a last effect [us],,therefore there must be a first and we call this first cause god .We can not have the infinite series. god is the uncaused cause. Now we cld also look at intelligent design too .....harley davidson

Francine

Arguments necessarily follow what one believes about God. If God is defined as pure Consciousness, then God is not an object or entity or anything we can possibly conceive because all of it would be taking place in God. Denying God's existence would be like saying "this statement is false."

That's a fun game. I can redefine God to mean a stick, and then produce a stick, and say, "See, God exists."