• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Equator

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Hi there after an opinion....
The earth has two poles "North" and "South" divided by an equator with about 23 degrees seasonal variance during the year.

If we videoed the earth and colored conflict in red and ran it over the 10 thousand years of civilization. Then condensed it to 60 secs. we would easily see that human misery through war occurs greatest toward the equator and least toward the poles.

Secondarily because of severe winters, south of 45 degrees latitude months of winter and enforced fasting and hibernation techniques, along with pre 19th century western advancement led to communities of self reliance and independence that survived by a combination of resources and ingenuity.

To simplify, while those toward the equator succeeded and were happy to kill each other to acquire the resources of others, because they are too lazy to work for the same in the heat, as in many tribal cultures. Yet, those in temperate climates worked but also had time during cold winters to contemplate the universe and see well beyond those in the heat afflicted climates beyond childish books and mind numbing verses, to a future that mankind is actually traveling.

My question is do you agree that the closer to the equator you live the more lethal and negative for your children the world you live in?

If we looked at these horizontal latitude bands do we not see the highest levels of death near the equator, are these not also those same areas as recognized as those of predominately Islamic and Roman Catholic belief. Is this coincidental or simply consequential? While the western governments occupy the more temperate zones of the planet earth, and have in contrast extremely stable social structures.

Prove the statistics incorrect...\

Frankly all I see at the middle east latitude is a western legitimate Israel in a sea of idiots.

Cheers

Last edited:

WhatandWhy

That is an interesting point I will have to think about that one.. I don't know if it would make you more lethal or negative, but I think they will grow up with more Bias.
Peace

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
As someone who lived in the baking desert for two years, I can tell you that living in heat makes people crazy. I can only imagine how insane people who lived their lives under the hot sun were before air conditioning.