• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Enuma Elish

Inky

I read a version of this in a book about dragons when I was a kid (Tiamat was portrayed as a dragon). It was always one of my favorite stories.

herushura

A number of times. Do you have a point?

Ignorant rubbish.

Do you have any older creation story then enuma elish, The Enuma Elish was written during babylonian age, So the names of the sumerian gods were written in the babylonian Language at that time, So the gods mentioned in the Enuma Elish were most likely alot older then these written Tablets.

Also note the First Being in the Enumal Elish was a Female, And from what i have read, a Female god was the Prime Creator, unlike the abramic religions were the Prime Creator are Male.

The Prime Female Creator, or Earth Mother Godess, can be traced to 24,000BC, Venus of Willendorf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and a Mother Goddess flanked by two lionesses - 6000-5500 BC Çatalhöyük.So the Worship of the Great Mother is a extremely Old Tradition.

The Term Mother Nature can be traced as a Earth Mother Goddess, in Greek, whom the Greeks adopted from the babylons and persians.

The First Women in the bible Eve can also be traced to the Earth Mother Goddess
The Hebrew word for Eve is chawwah, and in arabic Hawwa, Hawwa can be traced to the babylonian aramiac Word AyA, which is a Akkadian Earth Mother Goddess, The Sumerian Equivilent is Sherida whom was the sucessor to Tiama(t),
Aya,eve,Mary,maitreya,hathor,rhea,krishna,ishtar,mahatmya plus i have listed about loads more about this.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Do you have any older creation story then enuma elish
First written... perhaps. But we don't know. We do know that humans used an oral story-telling technique before writing became the vogue, so it probably isn't the first per se.

Also note the First Being in the Enumal Elish was a Female, And from what i have read, a Female god was the Prime Creator, unlike the abramic religions were the Prime Creator are Male.
I find Comparative Mythology a fascinating field of study. I hope you have as much fun with your reading as I did with mine.

herushura

First written... perhaps. But we don't know. We do know that humans used an oral story-telling technique before writing became the vogue, so it probably isn't the first per se.

Well have you read the earlyist ever poetic Story called Epic of Gilgamesh Epic of Gilgamesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Sumerian Culture are more amazing then Egyptian Culture, AND the Egyptian Culture adopted many traits from the sumerians.

Also note that the greek Gods are the same gods of the sumerians whom they readopted into there own polythesis Religion, ANU in the enuma elish is the same as Uranus of the greeks. But becasue greeks add S to the end of names ANU would become UR-Anus, Ur is a Sacred City Ur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in babylonian. thus uranus is a combination of UR and ANU thus Uran "Iran" and greek with added "s" as UR-an-us -Uranus.

And Iraq is from Uruk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This website Compares the Enuma Elish and Genesis Gensis & Babylonian Creation Myths Compared.

The First Man in the Sumerian culture was called Adapa, and in babylonian Adamu, Yes the Adam in the bible has the same name as the first man of sumerian creation story.

Last edited:

herushura

You think there wasn't a Creation Story written before 1200 BC?!! What about the Egyptians? The Assyrians? The Chinese? Did none of them believe in creation either?

Thats the date it was written, not the date these gods were created, tiama(t) can be traced further to 4000BC

The Chinese,Egyptian,Assyrians are the sucessors of the sumerians

herushura

You think there wasn't a Creation Story written before 1200 BC?!! What about the Egyptians? The Assyrians? The Chinese? Did none of them believe in creation either?

Thats the date it was written, not the date these gods were created, tiama(t) can be traced further to 4000BC

The Chinese,Egyptian, Assyrians are the sucessors of the sumerians