• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Enneagram!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
A popular personality system called the Enneagram divides us into 9 personality types. There have been numerous popular psychology books, as well as personal, professional, and religious trainings and seminars, using the Enneagram as a framework to better understand ourselves and others.

Personally, I find no personality system to be perfect or infallible truth but I do find them fascinating, insightful, and frankly, fun!

So it's time for a quiz! The "official" Enneagram assessment costs money, but I found this free version which at least for myself seems to be a good one:

The Enneagram Personality Test

You can find more general info about the Enneagram here:

How The System Works — The Enneagram Institute

What type are you? Share your quiz results!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Type 0+ !!!

I confess, I didn't read the OP. Did I get the answer right anyway?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Capture.JPG

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A popular personality system called the Enneagram divides us into 9 personality types. There have been numerous popular psychology books, as well as personal, professional, and religious trainings and seminars, using the Enneagram as a framework to better understand ourselves and others.

Personally, I find no personality system to be perfect or infallible truth but I do find them fascinating, insightful, and frankly, fun!

So it's time for a quiz! The "official" Enneagram assessment costs money, but I found this free version which at least for myself seems to be a good one:

The Enneagram Personality Test

You can find more general info about the Enneagram here:

How The System Works — The Enneagram Institute

What type are you? Share your quiz results!

6 pages of questions?!? Oh well, I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Last time I took a psych test online, I got a message: "You are totally insane. We have traced your location and the men in the white coats are on their way now. They'll be taking you to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time."

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
6 pages of questions?!? Oh well, I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Last time I took a psych test online, I got a message: "You are totally insane. We have traced your location and the men in the white coats are on their way now. They'll be taking you to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time."

I promise it's quick! ;) Don't think about the questions too much, answer honestly and instinctively.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
A bit about Fives like myself:

"Type Five in Brief
Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

• Basic Fear: Being useless, helpless, or incapable

• Basic Desire: To be capable and competent"
Type Five — The Enneagram Institute

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I got 5 at 98%, 4 at 97% and 9 at 95%... it seems I have to be difficult, even here.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my best friends is a Four:

"Type Four in Brief
Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

• Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
  • Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an
    identity)"
Type Four — The Enneagram Institute

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
:facepalm:

****ing philosophy majors...

Define 'major'.

Also, while you're at it, define 'quantum entanglement. I have always wanted to know what quantum entanglement was.

And exactly what is 'valence' in chemistry?

And what the devil are the critics talking about when they say a painting was done 'alla prima'?

Definitions! I need definitions!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Define 'major'.

Also, while you're at it, define 'quantum entanglement. I have always wanted to know what quantum entanglement was.

And exactly what is 'valence' in chemistry?

And what the devil are the critics talking about when they say a painting was done 'alla prima'?

Definitions! I need definitions!

Umm..I know what a la mode means?

And it's delicious! :D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Which one "feels" more like you?

Honestly, I feel like none hits head on, but there's a major piece of each in me.

There were a lot of questions about feeling like one doesn't fit, or belong... here it is again! :confused:

Edit: Like here:
Type 4 is known as The Individualist. Fours want to be unique and to live life authentically, and are highly attuned to their emotional experience.

It fits. Except the emotion part. Those are pretty dull. I have much less emotional intensity than most.

Type 5 is described as The Investigator. Fives seek understanding and knowledge, and are more comfortable with data than people.

Hmmm...I think I like to collect data on people, but I'm not entirely moved by many traditional branches of knowledge.

Type 9 is also called The Peacemaker. Nines like to keep a low profile and let the people around them set the agenda.

I let those around me call the shots, its true. But your profile can only be so low when you drive around in a van with a chicken(amongst other silly things) painted on it.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Two
60% MATCH

Type 2 can be described as The Giver. Twos want to be liked and find ways that they can be helpful to others so that they can be loved and belong.

Three
52% MATCH

Type 3 is also known as The Achiever. Threes want to be successful and admired by other people, and are very conscious of their public image.

Four
88% MATCH

Type 4 is known as The Individualist. Fours want to be unique and to live life authentically, and are highly attuned to their emotional experience.

Five
98% MATCH

Type 5 is described as The Investigator. Fives seek understanding and knowledge, and are more comfortable with data than people.

Six
79% MATCH

Type 6 is also known as The Skeptic. Sixes are preoccupied with security, seek safety, and like to be prepared for problems.

Seven
40% MATCH

Type 7 is described as The Enthusiast. Sevens want to have as much fun and adventure as possible and are easily bored.

Eight
81% MATCH

Type 8 is also known as The Challenger. Eights see themselves as strong and powerful and seek to stand up for what they believe in.

Nine
65% MATCH

Type 9 is also called The Peacemaker. Nines like to keep a low profile and let the people around them set the agenda.

One
84% MATCH

Type 1 can be thought of as The Perfectionist. Ones place a lot of emphasis on following the rules and doing things correctly.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Screenshot_20210113-091041_Chrome.jpg

Eight

98% MATCH

Type 8 is also known as The Challenger. Eights see themselves as strong and powerful and seek to stand up for what they believe in.

Five
90% MATCH

One
85% MATCH

Type 1 can be thought of as The Perfectionist. Ones place a lot of emphasis on following the rules and doing things correctly.