• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end times.

shortfade2

I was wondering about some of the things that are metioned that would happen before the rature, and I thought it would be easier to ask everyone about some things read in revalation.

Also, just a thought, what about the whole 2012 theory thing?

Enlighten

I was wondering about some of the things that are metioned that would happen before the rature, and I thought it would be easier to ask everyone about some things read in revalation.

Also, just a thought, what about the whole 2012 theory thing?

Hey, hope your well. :D

With regard to the rapture, and things that would happen leading up to it, I personally think that yeah events could mean that we could be in the end times, but this cannot be said for sure, so lets just enjoy life here while we have it. :D After all the Bible tells us that none of us will know.

What you have to remember is year after year we have people saying "YEP this is IT etc" and its been going on for centuries, so why get caught up in it (i say anyway) and enjoy what we have been given.

With regard to the 2012 theory, I view it as per my comments above, what will be will be, we have to make the most of what we have and life by our beliefs and values. :D

Green Kepi

Shortfade2...Revelation is full of symbolic visions written for 1st Century Christians suffering under Roman occupation...we today must read it as if we were looking over the shoulder of the 1st Century believers. The Rapture, as most teach, cannot happen because the Bible teaches that there will be only one resurrection (the same time frame). American culture has always known success, not suffering, so we have never know what to do with this part of the Bible. But...this being said...if we do not agree on anything in this book...as long as we get out of it that He wins...and Christians win in the end...that is all that matters.

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
The rapture is not accepted by all christian churches. Jesus speaks of the coming kingdom of God on Earth, not the end of the world. I think the rapture is just another diversion to keep our focus off the real deal

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Jesus gives a pretty good description, but ultimately his point was that his followers should focus on living good lives so they could be prepared for judgement...be it in the form of a great judgement day, or in the personal judgement of death. One of my biggest frustrations with religion is that people tend to focus so much on the trivial stuff like the rapture and not enough on the living good lives part.

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
I think more along the lines of 'doing the right thing because its the right thing', as opposed to being afraid I might get caught by God and judged unworthy. My God is a god of love and forgiveness, not judgement and punishment.

WordofGod

Disciple of Christ
about the whole 2012 thing, I found that this was kind of interesting, it is just a thought however.

The Mayan calendar is based upon the movement of the stars. The Mayans and the Egyptians were pyramid builders. The pyramid builders were "Nephilim", as they had a calendar, and an understanding of physics, astronomy, and mathematics that is equal to, or superior to our knowledge of those subjects today; and both pyramid building groups reflected their extreme wickedness by committing human sacrifice. The "Nephilim" were the offspring of fallen angels/demons, and human women, that lived at the time of the Flood of Noah, "and also afterward", referenced in Genesis 6:1-4. It was the infusion of demonic DNA into the human gene pool that acted as a catalyst to cause the Flood at the time of Noah, as the Flood account in Genesis immediately followed the account of the "Nephilim". Tragically for mankind, following the Flood of Noah that wiped the "Nephilim" out, fallen angels/demons returned, again mated with human women, and the "Nephilim" were reproduced. The fact that the Mayans were led by "Nephilim" is why the Mayans were able to understand the significance of December 21, 2012. At 11:11 AM, on December 21, 2012, the Mayan calendar denotes a completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar. At that precise time, which is the exact middle of the Seven Year "covenant" Period, the devil through the Antichrist will be given authority over the earth for the three and one-half year "great tribulation" Period.

Whether it be true or not, it does not predict the second coming of Jesus Christ since only God the Father knows. What can we do? Have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, He will deliver, He will save. So lets live everyday for Christ Jesus, and preach the gospel to every creature =)
(Mark 16:15)

"The time is fufilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." - Mark 1:15

" You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by your blood Out of every tribe and toungue and people and nation, And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reighn on the earth." - Revelation 5:9-10

"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work." - Revelation 22:12

LORD God, we are the dust on Your feet, have mercy on us.

Last edited: