• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The End Time Prophecy in Revelation 16:12 has been Fulfilled

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The greek word used for "king" in Revelation 16:12 doesn't mean a literal king, sunshine. This has already been discussed. Your argument is invalid.
Oh, so the Euphrates LITERALLY has to dry out, but the kings don't have to be LITERAL kings. Cool cherry picking. I wish I had a secret decoder ring like you to know which lines of the Bible are to be taken absolutely LITERALLY and which I can handwave when inconvenient.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
When are you going to prove that the euphrates river dried up during your "battle of meggido" in 1918? I'm about ready to start ignoring you, on account of your childish behavior and extreme hypocrisy.
So you can't prove it. Understood. Guessing you can't magically justify why the Euphrates has to mmm LITERALLY dry up, but the kings don't have to be LITERAL kings, even though they are both in the same SENTENCE, either.

Tazarah

Oh, so the Euphrates LITERALLY has to dry out, but the kings don't have to be LITERAL kings. Cool cherry picking. I wish I had a secret decoder ring like you to know which lines of the Bible are to be taken absolutely LITERALLY and which I can handwave when inconvenient.

You know that the bible wasn't written in english, right? Here you go mister genius. The greek work used for "king" in Revelation 16:12 doesn't have to mean a literal king. Myself and other people have already explained this multiple times. Now you're just going in circles and showing everyone how uneducated you are when it comes to linguistics.

The definition of the actual greek word used for "king" in Revelation 16:12 even states that the word used for "king" can be used abstractly, relatively, or figuratively.

Strong’s Definitions

βασιλεύς basileús, bas-il-yooce';

probably from G939 (through the notion of a foundation of power); a sovereign (abstractly, relatively, or figuratively):—king.

G935 - basileus - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)