• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is the discussion.

How can we end war?

It seems easy, let's try peace for a while and if peace does not work we could aways go back to war.

I see it will need to be initiated by a world wide effort, that will set specific goals to prevent war.

What about the Goals, what would they need to be?

Here are some thoughts.

1. A world elected body that has power to legislate and power to enforce what has been agreed to.
  2. Boundaries of all Nations agreed to and set, the voice of the people heard in this process.
  3. Elimination of extreme wealth and poverty, this may be need guiding legislation.
  4. Education for every child guaranteed.
  5. Equality of women with men guaranteed.
So let's discuss, what would you add to the list that will need a global effort to implement?

images (2) (5).jpeg

Regards Tony

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
#1, a world government superseding national governments could of course do it.

But #2-#5 would not necessarily lead to no war. For #2, boundaries that are agreed to at one point are routinely disputed later on, Ukraine for a current example.

There was a 1970 movie with a suggestive title even though the actual film did not explore the true meaning of the title Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came - Wikipedia

War ends when people mature enough to consider everyone else not enemies to be beaten but as one. As the Baal Shem Tov put it "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Why? Because every human being has a root in the Unity, and to reject the minutest particle of the Unity is to reject it all.” When that Unity is lived, war is impossible because it would be like the left hand of a person attacking the right hand.

Nimos

How can we end war?

It seems easy, let's try peace for a while and if peace does not work we could aways go back to war.
We know peace works :)

For most countries peace is more common than war. The question is how one make a system which discourage or prevent war all together. :)

Vee

Premium Member
How can we end war?

I don't believe it's in human hands to end war.
War serves a purpose: it makes certain people huge amounts of power and money. Humans love power and money. Like the Bible so wisely put it ,"man has dominated man to his injury." (Ecc. 8:9). To end war it is first necessary to change men.
I must say I like your list though.

F1fan

Veteran Member
If you want to end war you need to enhance mental health and perhaps even eliminate certain genes from the next generation before it happens. With global population growing, and medicine being too effective in preventing pandemics, it is inevitable that a fight over resources will happen again. Population control for humans was long via war and disease. At some point the planet will reach a breaking point, whether real or for some political reason.

A world elected body that has power to legislate and power to enforce what has been agreed to.

No chance.

Human diversity is so great that trying to impose a one size fits all global government on all nations would be more likely to cause violence than end it.

There is no end to war as violence is as much a part of our collective nature as kindness and altruism.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That is the discussion.

How can we end war?

I see it will need to be initiated by a world wide effort, that will set specific goals to prevent war.

Here are some thoughts.

1. A world elected body that has power to legislate and power to enforce what has been agreed to.
  2. Boundaries of all Nations agreed to and set, the voice of the people heard in this process.
  3. Elimination of extreme wealth and poverty, this may be need guiding legislation.
So let's discuss, what would you add to the list that will need a global effort to implement?

View attachment 59639

Regards Tony

My goodness, is it so easy? 'tiz a wonder no one has thought of it before.

1, As i stated in your oneness thread, the world does not want a world power to to overrule and dictate to them. Although its not a bad idea if it could work and all are agreed, there are too many who will not have such power imposed on them. Take a look at britain and their pulling out of europe. Just after half the voting population voted to scrap your idea even though the EU is nowhere near as dictatorial as you propose. Sovereignty is king (or queen) for such countries to risk isolation and poverty rather than be in with the group

2. Who would decide where the lines were and arbitrate conflict.

3. It may need a magic wand, can you imagine billionaires given up their wealth without a fight. And trust me, they have the money to fight.

4. Wonderful, do you think the Taliban would agree to dump their faith and let girls be educated?

5. Again wonderful, unfortunately there is a lot of testosterone sloshing about still so sadly, despite lip service, i don't think it could be 100% equality.

Ok, what would i add. The human race being the human race then perhaps a winner of WW3 could put a feasible plan together but i think thats doubtful.

But a war to stop all wars??? Been done and failed

Audie

Veteran Member

But #2-#5 would not necessarily lead to no war. For #2, boundaries that are agreed to at one point are routinely disputed later on, Ukraine for a current example.

There was a 1970 movie with a suggestive title even though the actual film did not explore the true meaning of the title Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came - Wikipedia

War ends when people mature enough to consider everyone else not enemies to be beaten but as one. As the Baal Shem Tov put it "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Why? Because every human being has a root in the Unity, and to reject the minutest particle of the Unity is to reject it all.” When that Unity is lived, war is impossible because it would be like the left hand of a person attacking the right hand.
Ever listen to people discuss why US
education is a mess, and what to do
about it?
Everybody knows, what to do
everybody has a different idea.

Here we see solutions proposed but nobody
has tried them. Solutions to a problem with
its deep roots in the nature of life, counterparts
among a wide variety of organisms.

Dark Forest theory: A terrifying explanation of why we haven’t heard from aliens yet

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Only God’s Kingdom (Matthew 6:9-10), with His Son as King, will accomplish this. — Psalms 46:9

Too much human greed & selfishness prevent anyone (or any group) from getting this done.

Although being peaceable is a quality that results and is quite evident among worshippers of Jehovah, i.e., the God of Jacob (Isaiah 2:2-4), Jehovah’s people look to Him & His Son as the only source for world peace.

In my opinion, acquired from years of studying the Scriptures...

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

That is the discussion.

How can we end war?

Here are some thoughts.

View attachment 59639

Regards Tony
All the 5 points and

6. Elimination of all prejudices, religious, racism, nationalism.

But seems to me wars are coming up, mostly in the Middle East. They are just getting ready for it.
1. The problem of Iran Nuclear plan
2. Animosity of Iran with Israel.
2.The religious differences between Muslims sects, in various Muslim countries
3. Russia might invade Ukraine

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Thank you for the response. It could be that Narional Givernments would still have power of legislation over the Nation and.internal affairs and thus maintaining a diversity.

I see a world legislative would be given the power to maintain the body of Nations as a united whole. The guidelines would be set by all Nations.

The Boundaries are set to be enforced. So.in the current situation with Ukraine, the whole world would rise against Russia if there was an invasion across those borders. What Nation would dare?

The key here is I see there would be no dictators who wield such power, even the American President could not weild power for such a decision, it would have to be a much broader committee.

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Is indeed the way.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We know peace works :)

For most countries peace is more common than war. The question is how one make a system which discourage or prevent war all together. :)

Maybe education?

I see all totalitarian rule will be replaced.

Regards Tony

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
  • A world elected body that has power to legislate and power to enforce what has been agreed to.
  • Boundaries of all Nations agreed to and set, the voice of the people heard in this process.
  • Elimination of extreme wealth and poverty, this may be need guiding legislation.
  • Education for every child guaranteed.
  • Equality of women with men guaranteed.
The World Economic Forum acts as understudy to governments. It doesn't control anything, but its a clearinghouse where anybody can go to meet people, talk about ideas and make deals. It is a forum for leaders. It fills a niche that the UN cannot. I only recently learned about it. Its included in conspiracy theories about shadow governments, because there is a lot of money involved and that money influences a lot of the popular 'Woke' culture we see in media.

I'm mostly unfamiliar with the WEF, so I should read about it and come to a decision about its aims and influence. I'm only mentioning it in case you aren't aware of it, yet. What the WEF is doing I perceive is attempting to accomplish what you are talking about, so it behooves you to find out what they are trying to do. Are Baha'i involved? That I do not know. I would be surprised, because Baha'is don't seem to be very well funded. I could be wrong. You might have representatives in that forum.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't believe it's in human hands to end war.
War serves a purpose: it makes certain people huge amounts of power and money. Humans love power and money. Like the Bible so wisely put it ,"man has dominated man to his injury." (Ecc. 8:9). To end war it is first necessary to change men.
I must say I like your list though.

I am optimistic we can. I have been in an army and yet I learn war no more.

I see everyone can make that choice, the key is how will thay change be initiated?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you want to end war you need to enhance mental health and perhaps even eliminate certain genes from the next generation before it happens. With global population growing, and medicine being too effective in preventing pandemics, it is inevitable that a fight over resources will happen again. Population control for humans was long via war and disease. At some point the planet will reach a breaking point, whether real or for some political reason.

I agree that a balance needs to be found. I also think nature does assist us to find that balance.

I am optimistic that we can get together as the human race and use our bew found capacity in science to get many amazing answers.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No chance.

Human diversity is so great that trying to impose a one size fits all global government on all nations would be more likely to cause violence than end it.

There is no end to war as violence is as much a part of our collective nature as kindness and altruism.

Well we have had the League of Nations and then the United Nations, it is almost there.

The nest step would be just setting National limits. Disarmament of weapons of mass destruction will have to be part of this. Nations would maintain their own internal police forces and contribute to the global force.

This has been partly implemented all ready.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Since the trend over time is a decline in wars, I see no reason for that trend not to continue. There might be a few more ups and downs, so to speak, but in maybe another 1000 years, we'll have gone 100 without a war.

Nimos

Maybe education?

I see all totalitarian rule will be replaced.

Regards Tony
Education might prevent some. But looking at the people that decide or have to make the choices regarding war, they are educated people.

Maybe forcing those that start a war to be on the frontline like in the good old days, maybe that would prevent it? :p

I think whenever people see a reason for war, it will be an option so have to figure out the reasons and remove them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That is the discussion.

How can we end war?

Here are some thoughts.

View attachment 59639

Regards Tony
It's a nice endeavor but I feel our evolutionary and instinctive traits make such a goal impossible.

One thing however, is we can lessen the outbreaks of war, and enjoy longer periods of stability.

I think that is possible.