• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The emails finally pulled me back

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
So hi there. It's been years. I have no idea who is still here from when the forum was first started. Things look a bit different and that will definitely take some getting used to.

For those who don't know me, or those that don't remember, I'm Monica. I'm an atheist leaning agnostic who is still stuck in the US Midwest. Since I was last here, my husband has left active duty military and joined the reserves. This was done, in part, to get out of Nebraska. Well, a great job offer came in and after a year in Texas we found ourselves back here yet again. One would think it would be better since it was a choice we made, but it turns out that winter and snow still visit this place.

I'm now a student. Yes, I went back to university in my 30s and I do feel a bit like Billy Madison. Did I mention it's a Jesuit university? lol There is something to be said for a large chunk of my core classes being theology and philosophy classes - it seems I eat that stuff up! I'm still obsessed with art and have fully moved into working in oils, especially large scale pieces. My evil little minion is about to turn 9 and he's in the 3rd grade.

I look forward to the entertainment and thought provoking conversations!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So hi there. It's been years. I have no idea who is still here from when the forum was first started. Things look a bit different and that will definitely take some getting used to.

For those who don't know me, or those that don't remember, I'm Monica. I'm an atheist leaning agnostic who is still stuck in the US Midwest. Since I was last here, my husband has left active duty military and joined the reserves. This was done, in part, to get out of Nebraska. Well, a great job offer came in and after a year in Texas we found ourselves back here yet again. One would think it would be better since it was a choice we made, but it turns out that winter and snow still visit this place.

I'm now a student. Yes, I went back to university in my 30s and I do feel a bit like Billy Madison. Did I mention it's a Jesuit university? lol There is something to be said for a large chunk of my core classes being theology and philosophy classes - it seems I eat that stuff up! I'm still obsessed with art and have fully moved into working in oils, especially large scale pieces. My evil little minion is about to turn 9 and he's in the 3rd grade.

I look forward to the entertainment and thought provoking conversations!
I remember you, Moni. You are the 2nd person in as many days who commented on the email thingy. How interesting. It certainly sounds like you have had an eventful time away. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Have some very special cake.....
a2Nd70Z_700b.jpg

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Hey! I remember you. :) Weren't you Gnostic in the old days?

I think it's a great idea to go back to college when the kid/s are back in school all day. Good for you!

Welcome back.

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
Hey! I remember you. :) Weren't you Gnostic in the old days?

I think it's a great idea to go back to college when the kid/s are back in school all day. Good for you!

Welcome back.
Yep, but it seems a lot changes in 8 or 9 years. lol The upside to that path was the nonstop search for information. :) I was wondering if you were still around! I'm so happy to see that you are.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Yep, but it seems a lot changes in 8 or 9 years. lol The upside to that path was the nonstop search for information. :)
I get it. I came here originally a devout Christian and after much info digging, morphed into an AA like you. lol The search continues, right? Let's hope it never stops.

I was wondering if you were still around! I'm so happy to see that you are.
Aww, thanks! I come and go but can't seem to shake the place totally. There's always been a nice group of people here. Have a good time and looking forward to bumping into you.