• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The easiest religion to follow?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't think those are contradictory, but we should try to resolve this contradiction:

"We also believe that Jesus Christ will reward every man according to his works" and "The Bible says that salvation is a gift, is gifted without any works whatsoever".
So what? I believe that. I don't have to do any works to be "saved." The difference between us is that apparently "salvation" is good enough for you. It's not good enough for me.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So what? I believe that. I don't have to do any works to be "saved." The difference between us is that apparently "salvation" is good enough for you. It's not good enough for me.

It's not "good enough for me", it's a Bible doctrine.

It's not "your desire", it's you say works are needed to maintain salvation, but Romans 4, for example, says the one with ZERO works who trusts Christ has ALL their sin forgiven.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's not "good enough for me", it's a Bible doctrine.
You're going to have to clarify what you mean by that. When you say that being "saved" is "good enough" for you, what do you actually mean by that? Is being saved nothing more than avoiding eternal hellfire and damnation? Where does the Bible say that?

It's not "your desire", it's you say works are needed to maintain salvation, but Romans 4, for example, says the one with ZERO works who trusts Christ has ALL their sin forgiven.
I never said that. Stop putting words into my mouth. And for your information, "trust" is a work.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You're going to have to clarify what you mean by that. When you say that being "saved" is "good enough" for you, what do you actually mean by that? Is being saved nothing more than avoiding eternal hellfire and damnation? Where does the Bible say that?

I never said that. Stop putting words into my mouth. And for your information, "trust" is a work.

Being saved is a lifestyle/relationship with Christ that goes beyond just missing Hell, yes.

"Trust" is neither a Mosaic Law work (the word "trust" or "faith" is not in any of the 613 laws of Moses) nor a "good deed/good work". Trust is an assertion that someone is trustworthy--and like faith, often means INACTION, not action. For example, if I do nothing and let a fireman carry me from a fire, I trust him.

The Bible says repeatedly that salvation--being born again--being made a new creation--without which one cannot inherit God's Kingdom, comes from our cessation of action--our attempts to save ourselves--and instead, we trust/rely upon/lean upon Christ.