• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Earth - too many coincidences for life to have evolved

outhouse

Atheistically
Of course, and all the evidence for it is in the head of evilutionists.

P.S. On a more serious note: Very rarely, if ever, is speciation observed in the fossil record. Most of it is due to the fact that it is hard to distinguish two closely related species solely on fossils. Sometimes scientists categorize adult and junior members of the same species as two separate species for example, and only later recognize the mistake via new discoveries and/or a more detailed analysis.

What the fossil record is good at showing, however, is the major transitionals and steps between groups. Like the whale evolution you mentioned, or horse evolution, and things like dinosaurs to birds, reptiles to mammals, fish to tetrapods, things like that.

That is all incorrect and im sure you have been shown the error of your ways more then once here already :facepalm:

desperate and pathetic interpretation of the fossil record.

the evidence you ignore is more then overwhelming and to add to it, fossils are the weakest link in all of this which by itself proves evolution a million times over

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
That is all incorrect and im sure you have been shown the error of your ways more then once here already :facepalm:

desperate and pathetic interpretation of the fossil record.

the evidence you ignore is more then overwhelming and to add to it, fossils are the weakest link in all of this which by itself proves evolution a million times over
Actually... he's pretty much correct.

Speciation is very difficult to see in the vertebrate fossil record, not impossible but rare. (It's quite common in the invertebrate fossil record, especially in microinverts like forams)

In vertebrate fossils the record really excels at showing higher level changes like the major transitions from dinosaurs to birds and from synapsids to mammals.
And yes, whale evolution over time.

wa:do

outhouse

Atheistically

Speciation is very difficult to see in the vertebrate fossil record, not impossible but rare. (It's quite common in the invertebrate fossil record, especially in microinverts like forams)

In vertebrate fossils the record really excels at showing higher level changes like the major transitions from dinosaurs to birds and from synapsids to mammals.

Im using whales as a example.

does that not show speciation changes from land mammal to seal dwelling mammal?

outhouse

Atheistically

and on a side note, NOW i do see the error of my ways in his post being in detail and mine generally speaking.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Im using whales as a example.

does that not show speciation changes from land mammal to seal dwelling mammal?
Not really... it shows evolution at a level higher than speciation.
Speciation AFAIK, is one species diverging into two species, the intimate view of macroevolution.

The whales show the bigger picture of macroevolution.

ps.. s'cool... you sometimes pounce to quickly on things. I'm sure RedOne will understand.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Not really... it shows evolution at a level higher than speciation.
Speciation AFAIK, is one species diverging into two species, the intimate view of macroevolution.

The whales show the bigger picture of macroevolution.

ps.. s'cool... you sometimes pounce to quickly on things. I'm sure RedOne will understand.

Yes I do, noticing my mistakes will correct them :)

But doesnt the fossils show speciation jumps over a large amount of time? I understand not every transition has been found and its not speciation from one to another so to speak.

I guess its in my faulty terminology :angel2:

See, that's the great thing about science. If you believe in it or not, it's still true! Isn't that fantastic?
The thing about religion and the whole theory of evolution is this: I hear kids at my school stand up and say, "How could you possibly believe in Darwinism, or evolution? You need to educate yourself on the facts and how conflicting it is. People are actually starting to think that Darwinism may have been the biggest hoax ever". They fail to acknowledge the mass mound of tangible evidence that contradicts their faith, not only from atheists but from other religions.
If someone today said that they think that the Holocaust didn't happen, or that they could talk to aliens, that's on par with insanity because of the blatant evidence stating otherwise. Except when it's a matter of faith, then you can't question it.
Educate yourself on these "unexplainable" happenings in the universe. Then if you actually do find something that scientists can't explain, support them in trying to find out what it is instead of attributing it to that guy that created everything.

On the note of, "The world is so vast and complicated that it couldn't have been a coincidence"-saying that an even more complicated being made everything and is listening to your prayers ALL at the same time, doesn't explain anything.

shawn001

Where did the water come from, one very good possiblity is meteors and comets. The early earth was under massive bombardment from metoers and comets. Take a look at the moon's craters and the moon was formed by another body the size of mars hitting the earth. Nothing would have been able to live through that or on the earth at that stage. For one the iron core hadn't cooled so everything would have been killed by solar radation.

However, even with water we didn't have an oxygen atmosphere until cynobacteria evolved and created one. The Orignal Earth's atmosphere was not oxygen!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Yes I do, noticing my mistakes will correct them :)

But doesnt the fossils show speciation jumps over a large amount of time? I understand not every transition has been found and its not speciation from one to another so to speak.

I guess its in my faulty terminology :angel2:
Absolutely... it shows genus and higher level change. The big picture.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Where did the water come from, one very good possiblity is meteors and comets. The early earth was under massive bombardment from metoers and comets. Take a look at the moon's craters and the moon was formed by another body the size of mars hitting the earth. Nothing would have been able to live through that or on the earth at that stage. For one the iron core hadn't cooled so everything would have been killed by solar radation.
It's pretty incredable how quickly life did start showing up though. Life of one sort or another has been here for the majority of the planets existence.

However, even with water we didn't have an oxygen atmosphere until cynobacteria evolved and created one. The Orignal Earth's atmosphere was not oxygen!
The early atmosphere did have Oxygen in it... just fairly low levels. It's hard to have water around without atmospheric Oxygen in some amount. Even Mars has oxygen.
Cyanobacteria really cranked up the percentage in rapid order.

Last edited:

meogi

shawn001 said:
Where did the water come from, one very good possiblity is meteors and comets.
Water is actually quite abundant in the universe. Just not so much in it's liquid state.
painted wolf said:
It's pretty incredable how quickly life did start showing up though.
Indeed, but I'm curious how quickly it would come about on any liquid water bearing body. But then I think about rare earth theory and wonder how much of an influence that really has. (Mainly just the moon part. I believe the tides had a very important role in the start of life.) We need more Europa probing!