• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Earth - too many coincidences for life to have evolved

fossil

There is something out there that controls the laws of physics.

I think the greater human consciousness plays a role in it. Similar to quantum physics the laws change depending on the observer, conversely over time as life has developed further on the Earth the laws have become more complex due to the added energy of the human minds.

Before humans the laws were affected by animals and plants to a greater extent and their collective powers enabled evolution to take that extra step to create man.

This may sound strange at first but if you think about it long enough it begins to make sense.

MAY sound strange? I really hope if I think about this long enough it will NEVER make sense to me.
How could you possibly know that before there were humans the laws of physics were different and they were altered by the energy of the animals? Please could you back this up with experimental data, or at least come up with a testible hypothesis.

nnmartin

How could you possibly know that before there were humans the laws of physics were different and they were altered by the energy of the animals? Please could you back this up with experimental data, or at least come up with a testible hypothesis.

You won't be able to find this out through an experiment in a laboratory or by reading up on Einstein's latest formulae but the knowledge may come to you under the right setting.

For instance, go out to a natural lake with some natural products to focus with. A crystal or stone is a good start and perhaps even some magic mushrooms. Stay out there for several days and you will come back a changed person - a believer! The mushrooms and crystals are optional - not necessary but may help with someone stuck in a mental rut (ie: one who is too concerned about logic).

Photonic

Ad astra!

I think the greater human consciousness plays a role in it. Similar to quantum physics the laws change depending on the observer, conversely over time as life has developed further on the Earth the laws have become more complex due to the added energy of the human minds.

Before humans the laws were affected by animals and plants to a greater extent and their collective powers enabled evolution to take that extra step to create man.

This may sound strange at first but if you think about it long enough it begins to make sense.

The laws of physics are the objective rules of reality. They are there because it describes the innate properties of reality.

So no, they have nothing to do with anything at all, it's just a description of how crap works. Like an instruction manual (to put it VERY bluntly).

camanintx

You won't be able to find this out through an experiment in a laboratory or by reading up on Einstein's latest formulae but the knowledge may come to you under the right setting.

For instance, go out to a natural lake with some natural products to focus with. A crystal or stone is a good start and perhaps even some magic mushrooms. Stay out there for several days and you will come back a changed person - a believer! The mushrooms and crystals are optional - not necessary but may help with someone stuck in a mental rut (ie: one who is too concerned about logic).
Because experiences under the influence of magic mushrooms are so reliable. :sarcastic

A

angellous_evangellous

seems rather a bizarre coincidence doesn't it?

It's not bizarre in the least, considering that it happened. Pondering the complexity of life and the many "coincidences" that had to occur in order for life to evolve is entertaining but completely useless. It happened, and the only way that we know what circumstances are needed for life on earth is because life happened on earth.

The probability of all of the right circumstances coming together without divine assistance is 1. Nothing else matters - life is here - there is no other chance.

meogi

nnmartin said:
If we take the Earth as a complete living system
What exactly is a complete living system?

nnmartin said:
I am talking about water and all its myriad properties, the atmosphere, climate and soil for example all being perfect at the same time as life just spontaneously erupting.
You're right, we probably wouldn't be here if all these things didn't turn out the way they did. That doesn't make us intended. It makes us privileged.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
What evidence do you have that there is something controlling the laws of physics?
And no, merely jumping up and down making the same unsubstantiated claim is not evidence.
And no, presenting Bible verses is not evidence.
And no, making more unsubstantiated claims is not evidence.
and no, "common sense" is not evidence.

Now IF you can present evidence that the laws of physics are being controlled, your next step will be to show that it is god controlling them.

You have either misspoke here or you have revealed your ignorance of quantum physics.
I will assume you misspoke and ask you to rephrase it to better reflect what you meant.

HUH?
What "powers" are you talking about?
Got any evidence for these "powers"?
And no, merely jumping up and down making the same unsubstantiated claim is not evidence.
And no, presenting Bible verses is not evidence.
And no, making more unsubstantiated claims is not evidence.
and no, "common sense" is not evidence.

I must not be on the right medications for it to start making sense...

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You do realize that life doesn't require all the things we do right?

Not everything on Earth requires oxygen... so that is out of the coincidence list.
Anaerobic life, Not Just for Bacteria Anymore

Not everything on Earth requires heat... so that's out.
NASA Finds Deep Ice Holds Living Creatures - Science News - redOrbit

Some living things require boiling temperatures... so that's out.
Thermophile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Living things can survive in acid that would kill us... so that's out.

Hell, just about everything that humans need to live is not required by life in general.
Extremophile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are living things that can even survive the vacuum of space! They don't even need Earth itself!
'Water bears' are first animal to survive space vacuum - space - 08 September 2008 - New Scientist

Your whole argument is ignorant of the reality of life's adaptability. The atmosphere, soil and everything else is not "just right" for life. The whole planet could be boiling hot, acidic and without oxygen and life would still thrive here.

wa:do

nnmartin

There are living things that can even survive the vacuum of space! They don't even need Earth itself!

Your whole argument is ignorant of the reality of life's adaptability.

This statement is like fuel for me!

It seems that life could well have come from outer space - many scientists also think this.

Forget about the 'primordial soup, abiogenesis theories' - quite likely that life had already formed elsewhere and was deposited here via a comet or similar sort of vehicle.

The suitability of the environment of Earth acted as a homing beacon for these life forms - the Earth communicated with the Force to bring life to it - like bringing the chickens home to roost!

Boy did PW put a cork in nnmartin's mouth or what!
:D

actually no she didn't - I'm just in a different time zone.:)

Me Myself

Back to my username

It seems that life could well have come from outer space - many scientists also think this.

Forget about the 'primordial soup, abiogenesis theories' - quite likely that life had already formed elsewhere and was deposited here via a comet or similar sort of vehicle.

The suitability of the environment of Earth acted as a homing beacon for these life forms - the Earth communicated with the Force to bring life to it - like bringing the chickens home to roost!

What you fail to understand is that the reason why we need all we do to live is because we lived here.

When life happens alsewhere, it happens with completely different requirements from us and happens in a way that the enviroment it appears in is suitable for it.

So all your argument make no sense.

nnmartin

You could just as easily put that the other way around though.

The conditions were prepared for us first - like a new housing project.

Photonic

Ad astra!

"Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, "This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!" This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise." -Douglas Adams

Yea...

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Yes, you could merely make the claim.

Now all you have to do is support that claim.

Not that anyone should hold their breath waiting for it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle

Not really.... life can't survive burning up in the atmosphere as it enters. Even hidden deep in a meteorite or asteroid it would be killed as the rock heats to a semi-liquid around it.

Biomolecules like amino acids can survive the trip, but little else. And you will find that the actual scientists who support panspermia only go as far as seeding the planet with simple biomolecules like amino acids. Not the arrival of actual organisms.

And again, there was no need for Earth to attract anything as amino acids are stupidly common in the universe and occur just about everywhere. In far greater variety and abundance than on Earth. Life on Earth uses a pathetically small number of possible amino acids. (Only 22 out of more than 100)

Aliens would likely use entirely different sets of amino acids from any living thing on Earth as most amino acids in space that don't occur naturally on Earth.

Thus, it is safe to say that life started here with the amino acids available on Earth rather than in space with all the possible amino acids out there.