• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Earth - too many coincidences for life to have evolved

nnmartin

How can anyone account for the formation of water?

I've looked at various scientific theories but they all seem just as credible as the Magic Teardrop.

The odds of any single individual in this world winning the lottery on a specific date are also extremely unlikely, yet somehow someone always seems to win!

Much shorter odds involved there and there are no systems relying on each other for success to win. Just pick the correct numbers.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
My goodness......you made some leaps and bounds there.
doppelgänger;2670296 said:
Really, Victor?! Really?

Even the Pope isn't that out of touch.

Pope: Creation vs. evolution an
“This clash is an absurdity because on one hand there is much scientific proof in favor of evolution, which appears as a reality that we must see and which enriches our understanding of life and being as such.”
Pope Benedict XVI

:clap

Skwim

Veteran Member
A shuffled deck of cards has just as much chance ending up with the order:

1♠ 2
♠ 3♠ 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ 7♠ 8♠ 9♠ 10♠ J♠ Q♠ K♠ A♠ 1♥ 2♥ 3♥ 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥ 8♥ 9♥ 10♥ J♥ Q♥ K♥ A♥ 1♣ 2♣ 3♣ 4♣ 5♣ 6♣ 7♣ 8♣ 9♣ 10♣ J♣ Q♣ K♣ A♣ 1♦2♦3♦ 4♦ 5♦ 6♦ 7♦ 8♦ 9♦ 10♦ J♦ Q♦ K♦ A♦

as it does:

2♠ A♦ 5♠ 6♦ 8♠ 9♠ K♦ 10♠ J♠ 10♦ Q♠ A♠ 1♥ 3♥ 2♦ 9♠ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥ J♦ 8♥ 9♥ 5♣ 10♥ J♥ K♠ Q♥ K♥ 10♣ A♥ 1♣ 8♣ 8♦ 2♣ 3♦ 3♣ Q♦ 4♣ 5♦ 6♣ 7♣ 4♥ 1♠ 9♣ 9♥ 10♥ J♣ Q♣ 2♥ 7♠ 6♠ 3♠ K♣ 6♠ a♣ 1♦ 2♦ 4♠ 4♦ 7♦ K♣ 9♦

nnmartin

How does water purify itself?

If you go to a natural place you can drink the water from the river - why aren't there thousands of life threatening chemicals in it - does the water know that it needs to be clean to help life - I say yes!

Why does fresh natural food (vegetables, fruit, meat etc.) taste good? - because it knows that it helps its organism reproduce if eaten - how does it know this?

And how does water self-replicate, surely it doesn't have DNA it it.

Why does a sperm swim towards the egg ?

Obviously all things related to life , including the biosphere, have some kind of connection with the ultimate guiding power of the Universe - (a.k.a - The Force)

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
How can anyone account for the formation of water?

If you go to a natural place you can drink the water from the river - why aren't there thousands of life threatening chemicals in it - does the water know that it needs to be clean to help life - I say yes!

Why does fresh natural food (vegetables, fruit, meat etc.) taste good? - because it knows that it helps its organism reproduce if eaten - how does it know this?

Obviously all things related to life , including the biosphere, have some kind of connection with the ultimate guiding power of the Universe - (a.k.a - The Force)
Are you trolling here?

This is too absurd to be a real statement.

waitasec

Veteran Member
If we take the Earth as a complete living system then it seems unlikely all to have come about through evolution.

Not only did we have random chemicals forming together to create DNA but we also had all the other parts of the equation just happening to be there at the right place and time.
for us...that is.
this way of thinking is giving our experience too much importance and it undermines the appreciation of it, i think.

Looncall

That's quite an accomplishment. You have all these examples exactly backward or ignorantly wrong.

Water does not purify itself. Organisms evolved to live from fresh foods. Water does not self replicate. Sperm follow chemical gradients.

No new-agey woo-woo is required.

nnmartin

This is too absurd to be a real statement.

some of the statements may seem absurd because you believe science has answered all the questions - except the crucial one.

All these things exist for a reason - natural products taste better because they are meant to , sperm swims towards the egg because it knows to , water becomes pure because it is directed to etc.. (how does it get so clean - ever wondered?)
Science may be able to unravel the process but not the why.

Last edited:

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
some of the statements may seem absurd because you believe science has answered all the questions - except the crucial one.

All these things exist for a reason - natural products taste better because they are meant to , sperm swims towards the egg because it knows to , water becomes pure because it is directed to etc.. (how does it get so clean - ever wondered?)
Actually I know how it gets so clean.

It percolates through filter layers of soil and rock.
Or it is distilled via evaporation and condensation - impurities don't.

I'm afraid I found the statements absurd, because they were absurd. :)

The Neo Nerd

Ok that's it, i'm calling Poe here.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
All these things exist for a reason
Prove it.

- natural products taste better because they are meant to , sperm swims towards the egg because it knows to , water becomes pure because it is directed to etc.. (how does it get so clean - ever wondered?)
Trying to support an unsubstantiated claim with more unsubstantiated claims only works for the choir.

nnmartin

"Because the laws of physics say so."

Oh, sorry, were you looking for a more poetic answer? :shrug:

There is something out there that controls the laws of physics.

I think the greater human consciousness plays a role in it. Similar to quantum physics the laws change depending on the observer, conversely over time as life has developed further on the Earth the laws have become more complex due to the added energy of the human minds.

Before humans the laws were affected by animals and plants to a greater extent and their collective powers enabled evolution to take that extra step to create man.

This may sound strange at first but if you think about it long enough it begins to make sense.