• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the earth is 13,000 years old not 6,000 right

Audie

Veteran Member
Leroy, you don't understand how to evaluate data, nor do you understand data. May I suggest you take this course? Statistics and Probability | Khan Academy

You're assuming the lab results are a roll of the dice. If that were the case you'd be right. But they're not. They're real observations of a measurable quantity. That's why the results don't exhibit the randomness you suggest they would.

Ha. Elementary probability and statistics is HARD! It takes work.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not by default and certainly not without justification.

But hey, don't let intellectual honesty get in the way of your steaming.
I will pretty much reject apologists, but with justification. I have not found one that is not a Liar for Jesus. Take WLC as an example. Actual physicists have explained how to him how he got the science all wrong in his Kalam Cosmological argument. But that does not stop him from using it and claiming that it is scientific.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Because there is no evidence for the accuracy of radiometric dating.

Yes there is, lots and lots. Using multiple dating methods confirms the method is accurate to within the range stated. Every test that is confirmed using an alternative method is evidence

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes, that’s correct……..as I said before I am using the atheist method……………If atheist reject sources written by apologetics by default and without any justification……………why can’t I reject sources written by old earthers without any justification?

Total bullpoop. If an apologist actually provided evidence, falsifiable evidence there is no problem with anyone accepting it. As far as i know, no apologist has ever provided anything more than flimsy circular evidence.

Consider, if the bible was accurate and could be proven to be accurate there would be no need for the lucrative apologetics trade to make up excuses to apologize for the bible

leroy

Yes there is, lots and lots. Using multiple dating methods confirms the method is accurate to within the range stated. Every test that is confirmed using an alternative method is evidence
Handwaving, all those dating methods have been refuted

ChristineM

Premium Member

Show me the refutation. Show me.

Because the only ones who say, without evidence, that they have been refuted are funnymentalists because they disproved their nonsense.

leroy

Total bullpoop. If an apologist actually provided evidence, falsifiable evidence there is no problem with anyone accepting it. As far as i know, no apologist has ever provided anything more than flimsy circular evidence.

Consider, if the bible was accurate and could be proven to be accurate there would be no need for the lucrative apologetics trade to make up excuses to apologize for the bible
Well based on my experience in this forum, sources written by apologetics are dismissed by default and without any explanation rather than “well the sources are biased”

for example in this thread I provided an argument + a source written by an apolegetics and so far after 54 pages nobody was kind enough to quote the mistakes and flaws in the source (and justify why are they mistakes or flaws)
Fine Tuning argument / The best argument for the existence of God

leroy

Show me the refutation. Show me.

Because the only ones who say, without evidence, that they have been refuted are funnymentalists because they disproved their nonsense.
I am using the atheist method; I don’t have to support my assertions.

The burden proof is on you, you have to show that radiometric dating is reliable.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am using the atheist method; I don’t have to support my assertions.

The burden proof is on you, you have to show that radiometric dating is reliable.

Yes you do, you made the claim.
Bit of course you have no evidence so blame the atheists, how pathetic

ChristineM

Premium Member
The burden proof is on you…………you have to show that radiometric dating works

You made the claim.

Google or arxiv preprint service will give you several thousand studies of RC and other dating methods along with margins for error.

Your move

wellwisher

We have proof of human civilization that goes back further than 13,000 years.

Heck, Greece was inhabited in 12,000 BCE, so that's 14,000 years ago. So the earth has to be far older than that.

Where in the heck did you get the 13k year number? Add three zeros to your age? Shoe size? Surely not IQ.

Anyway, I'd recommend a Brief History of Time but that would be utterly useless.

Try to wrap your noddle around 4.5 billion years ago.

The timing of the creation of the universe, in Genesis, has more to do with an era in human history, than the age of the physical universe. This is a mistake that science makes, since it assumes literal and does not think in terms of symbolism.

A good example of this premise, is the change from BC to AD. Why was the calendar reset to zero about 2020 years ago, when the people of that time had written records that dated farther back? I can almost hear the ancient people complaining that Caesar was crazy if he thinks history began just now.

The question becomes, what began, at that time in history, that required a calendar reset, back to zero? The new year 1, marked a transition between the old ways of the ancient world, and a new ways of a modern world that was coming. The new year 1, was not about biology or carbon dating, but a new phase of human conscious development. I picture the sunny ancient world or Rome becoming the dark ages; extroversion to introspection.

What change happened about 6000 years ago, to make humans at that time, decide to reset the calendar to zero? Science has shown that the invention of written language occurs at this time. Spoken language was invented thousands of years earlier, but this did not trigger a reset. Some earlier civilizations did appear during the phase of spoken language, but they aborted. Written language coordinates with the first stable civilizations.

Written language allows a way to cast ideas into stone, so the natural memory cannot modify, embellish or forget. If we only had spoken language memory would embellish, forget and atrophy over time. Future generation could not keep up with the earliest civilization prototypes.

Written memory allows one to study and relearn the original. This tweak to the natural forward integration processes of memory, caused a repression of instinct. A new type of human appeared at the 6000 ago year reset, as humans undergo induced change. Stable civilization appears and natural human instinct is confronted with an unnatural social and physical environment, not before found in nature. It is perpetuated and advanced by written records from its founders.

The story of Cain killing Abel tells about part of the change. Abel was the herder of animals and Cain was a tiller of the soil. When Cain kills Abel, farming would supersede migratory herding; humans stay in one place surrounded by objects created by the human imagination. The Tree of knowledge of good and evil is law. Written law did not always change, to keep pace with natural change, and caused repression. Math and record keeping would help with commerce and building.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really? Show us the sources that do so.

The problem is that when you handwave your arguments have been refuted with valid sources. You merely will not admit it. After a while people get tired of doing so and merely point out that you are handwaving again.

Make sure that you use reliable sources. Any source that orders their authors not to follow the scientific method is clearly not valid.

leroy

Really? Show us the sources that do so.

I am using the atheist method, I don’t have to support my claims

The problem is that when you handwave your arguments have been refuted with valid sources. You merely will not admit it. After a while people get tired of doing so and merely point out that you are handwaving again.

Ok show a single relevant claim made by me in this forum that has been refuted with sources.

Quote my exact claim and then quote the source that refute that specific claim.

For years you have avoided this request.

If you don’t support that accusation, then why should I support my claims?

leroy

You made the claim.

Google or arxiv preprint service will give you several thousand studies of RC and other dating methods along with margins for error.

Your move
I find it amazing that up to this point you haven’t shown that radiometric dating works………..I don’t even have to troll and use the "atheist method",,,,,,,,,,, you literraly haven’t shown that radiometric dating works

ChristineM

Premium Member
I find it amazing that up to this point you haven’t shown that radiometric dating works………..I don’t even have to troll and use the "atheist method",,,,,,,,,,, you literraly haven’t shown that radiometric dating works

I have given you both Google and the scientific pre print service, Arxiv which itself links to thousands of scientific papers on the accuracy and/or known (and stated) error margins.You appear determined to ignore them which is why i didn't waste my time by doing your work for you and providing individual papers

And still, you made the false claim and refused to defend it. So it seems that once again i won't be wasting my time arguing with dishonesty.