• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the earth is 13,000 years old not 6,000 right

butchjerrold

:confused:i dont see how you can say the earth is 6,000 years old :no: if adam was created 6,000 years ago and he was created on the 6th day thats 6,000 more years that makes the earth between 12,000 and 13,000 years old right:help:

A

angellous_evangellous

We have proof of human civilization that goes back further than 13,000 years.

Heck, Greece was inhabited in 12,000 BCE, so that's 14,000 years ago. So the earth has to be far older than that.

Where in the heck did you get the 13k year number? Add three zeros to your age? Shoe size? Surely not IQ.

Anyway, I'd recommend a Brief History of Time but that would be utterly useless.

Try to wrap your noddle around 4.5 billion years ago.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
:confused:i dont see how you can say the earth is 6,000 years old :no: if adam was created 6,000 years ago and he was created on the 6th day thats 6,000 more years that makes the earth between 12,000 and 13,000 years old right:help:

I'm sold.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't mind that rude poster above me.....he's one of them angry evolutionists!

(No....not Songbird. It's that Angellous guy.)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome, Butchjerrold. Decided to jump in with a splash, eh?

12,000 years? We have tree-ring dates older than that.
What's your take on Potassium-Argon dating?
And who is this Adam person? Do we have his birth certificate/ records?

Last edited by a moderator:

butchjerrold

labs all over the world keep telling us that carbon 14 dating is only accurate up to 500 years, also carbon 14 does not stay in anything longer than 100,000 years so how in the world can you accurately date anything older than 500 years, i've been watching the science channel i think all these so-called experts are accidently proving a young earth your right about 13,000 !!!!!!!

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I feel more authoritative as an angry woodchuck when I say the science channel must be right.