• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Doctor from Doctor Who

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I've been rewatching Doctors 9 and 10, and I can't help but to compare him to Set. Free of most natural law, isolated, the only one of his kind, bringing storms and warfare, holding back the chaos. He's also a classic anti hero, committing questionable acts, being prone to violence, lying, manipulating, all balanced with a sharp wit. Anyone else a fan?

David T

Premium Member
Very much so here. What I have enjoyed about the series is they often times take old superstitions and story and reframe them. I was recently watching one with robin hood. He turns to robin and says " you're not real, you're a myth! But so am I!". A nifty breaking of the 4th wall I think it's called.

Jedster

I've been rewatching Doctors 9 and 10, and I can't help but to compare him to Set. Free of most natural law, isolated, the only one of his kind, bringing storms and warfare, holding back the chaos. He's also a classic anti hero, committing questionable acts, being prone to violence, lying, manipulating, all balanced with a sharp wit. Anyone else a fan?
Loved the Christmas special and looking forward to the next series.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

I've been a fan since the late 1970's, and ever since I became Setian I have made similar comparisons to Set and the Doctor. I like this quote:

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common, they don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering". - Dr. Who

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The Doctor like Set is a time lord able to pass free from the boundaries of time, and is beyond natural life and death.