• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The diet of worms

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The Diet of Worms of 1521 was an imperial diet (remember, an assembly meeting) of the Holy Roman Empire. It was convened to determine how authorities (both political and religious) should respond to Martin Luther's teachings. The diet was held in Worms, Germany (pronounced 'Vurmz' and hence the name).
The Diet of Worms in 1521: Definition & Summary - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

Diet of worms is an interesting name for a religious and Imperial assembly. What do you think about the diet of worms? I hope it kept them Holy Roman Emperors healthy. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Gagh is always best when served live.

latest

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Diet of Worms of 1521

I heard that they opened up the proceedings with a song that went something like this:

[Verse 1]
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones
Eensie weensy squeensy ones
See how they wiggle and squirm!

[Verse 2]
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!

[Verse 3]
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice
And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow
On worms three times a day!

[Verse 1]
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones
Eensie weensy squeensy ones
See how they wiggle and squirm!

Nous

Premium Member
The Diet of Worms of 1521 was an imperial diet (remember, an assembly meeting) of the Holy Roman Empire. It was convened to determine how authorities (both political and religious) should respond to Martin Luther's teachings. The diet was held in Worms, Germany (pronounced 'Vurmz' and hence the name).
The Diet of Worms in 1521: Definition & Summary - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

Diet of worms is an interesting name for a religious and Imperial assembly. What do you think about the diet of worms? I hope it kept them Holy Roman Emperors healthy. :p
Actually your question reminds me of that scene where King Claudius asks Hamlet where Polonius is. Hamlet goes into a long, tortured explanation about the body of the dead Polonius being “at supper”--not eating it himself, but having become the “diet of worms”.