• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Devil's Tree

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Devil's Tree.jpg

This is the Devil's Tree in Florida, actually not too far from my house.
The story is they found two young women in the late 70's buried underneath the tree.
Killed by Florida's "first" recorded serial killer suspected of killing 30+ young women.
People have reportedly tried to cut down this tree several times because of its history but the saws used always become disabled somehow.
You can still see marks on the tree where the attempts were made.
There is thick growth in the area except in the immediate area surrounding the tree.
Not that I believe in this supernatural stuff but I did notice some hoof prints in the dirt a few feet from the tree.
They caution people not to take samples from the tree as bad things happen to those who do.

There are also reports of people holding satanic rituals around this tree.
It is in a neighborhood park so there are houses nearby.

Do you believe that places exist in the world that "evil" has taken over?
Would you feel comfortable living in a house near this park?
Would you go there at night?

I'll admit, after hearing the stories about the tree, it felt a little creepy walking up to it. I decided not to get too close.

AnnaCzereda

I went for a walk in the forests where I knew several people were killed. They weren't believed to be haunted, merely happened to be murder sites. Criminals often choose secluded places to commit crimes. Forests and parks seem to be ideal for that. Still I wouldn't blame the trees.

syo

There are devil trees that produce nicotine and other toxic. We keep clear from that.

Viker

Häxan
Do you believe that places exist in the world that "evil" has taken over?
No. Places like this stoke general curiosity and make an impression on the easily suggestible. But anything is possible.
Would you feel comfortable living in a house near this park?
Yes. From just a little knowledge and pics, it looks sweet.
Would you go there at night?
Likely. What kind of neighborhood is this in? Are people safe wandering around there at night?

Being there is a neighborhood nearby, the likelihood of Satanic rituals being performed there are very slim to none.

Maybe people confuse candle light vigils, for any victims found there, for Satanic rituals?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What marks? Do they mean those little cuts on the bottom? Did someone take a butter knife to it?

I bet ya an ax would do the trick!

(Sorry. I'm a killjoy for supernatural things, I'm aware)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'm open enough to think it is possible that negative energy can affect a tree and its development and that the negative energy can hang around it. The paranormal does seem possible here.