• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Devil's Apocrypha, by John A. De Vito

NVA

I can across this book several years ago. I have read it two times. I find it very interesting and I have been searching for information on the author; but I have not been able to find any information in the internet. I have been looking for some time and nothing. Has anyone come across any interviews or other videos? Any information at all on the author would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Onoma

For some reason, any time I hear the word " devil " , it makes me think of the Levitical practice of casting lots to choose a goat to bear away their sins ( The lottery of the 2 goats, the " scapegoat " ritual ) much like Jesus was said to bear away the sins of the world

שָׂעִיר sâʻîyr - Adverb - shaggy; as noun - a he-goat; by analogy, a faun:—devil, goat, hairy, kid, rough, satyr

NVA

This book in particular has to do with the story of Gods origins (along with his angles), origins of humans, what happens to the soul, why God/Angels dont manifest in our realm and what happens to humans when they do, along with many other interesting biblical events. The story runs along the lines of a man that discovered some ancient parchment. He goes on to translate the story. After his grandfather died,the author publishes the story. The book reads as if the story is 100% real. The author states that in his translations he changed nothing. In the absolute simplest of terms the story we read in the bible is the story told by the victor. But not the story as it happened. God is not the good 'guy' but the 'bad' one who is really keeping humans in enslavement. The story states that Lucifer has been the 'scapegoat' and has taken the fault for actions done to humans by God. What I find interesting is not just the story its self, but the fact that I have not been able to find anything on the author. I have looked online and aside from the book its self, I have not found a picture or anything on the author. There is a FB page but it has no info and you cant post anything on it. I am curious that in this era we live in there is not one interview on the author. There was a post on this site from over 15 years ago where the person that posted it stated that the author of the book had given a interview where he stated that the book he wrote was a fiction story. However, I have not been able to find that interview. Also, on my digital copy of the book, it does not state anywhere that the story is a work of fiction.

So here I am trying to find someone who many have read the book and know more information on the author.

NVA

Hi

Thanks for sharing. I wonder what happened to the rest of the series or the movie? Would love to find out more.

Again thanks.