• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Devil, Satan, and Lucifer. One in the same or Not?

Socratic Berean

Occasional thinker, perpetual seeker
In as much as you've obviously looked into it all, what's the answer? The Devil, Satan, and Lucifer. One in the same or Not?.

Rather than have me toss you a tasty brook trout, spend your time sorting through scraps of mackerel discarded by the soup makers, or stand judging the odd catch of others, wouldn't you like to learn to fish?

2ndpillar

What in the world are you talking about? The translation that you posted regarding Jeremiah 50:33 says literally the exact same thing as the KJV version.

Joel 3:1 is talking about future prophecy — you can’t just look at the first verse and then say “oh they fulfilled prophecy”.

“For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.” [Joel 3:1-2]

1. It says he will bring again the captivity. When were the israeli people ever in captivity?

2. How can both kingdoms walk out of captivity together (Jeremiah 3:18) and into the holy land together if Judah is already in the holy land?

Actually, the Jews are already in Judea, and Jerusalem has been "restored" (Joel 3:1). That part precedes the nations being gathered against Jerusalem, to the valley of judgment, and Jerusalem being "captured". (Zechariah 14:1-3). "Israel" remains "scattered among the nations" (Joel 3:2). The valley of judgment (Jehoshaphat), is call Har-Magedon in Revelation 16:16. Your source bible, written for the glorification of a gay king of England, seems to have led you down the broad way (Matthew 7:13). The gathering of the nations against Jerusalem, is in effect (Zech 14:1 & Joel 3:2 & Rev 16:13-16). It is Judah/Jews who will fight at Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:14) and the spoils "will be divided among you" (Zech 14:1).

Joel 3:1“For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2I will gather all the nations
And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.
Then I will enter into judgment with them there
On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations
;
And they have divided up My land.

Zechariah 14:1-3 1Behold, a day is coming for the LORD when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you. 2For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. 3Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Rather than have me toss you a tasty brook trout, spend your time sorting through scraps of mackerel discarded by the soup makers, or stand judging the odd catch of others, wouldn't you like to learn to fish?
Yup, just as I suspected, self conscious blather run amok. More taken with your own voice than possessing any actual knowledge.

Let me known when you've gotten over yourself. ............................or not.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Tazarah

Actually, the Jews are already in Judea, and Jerusalem has been "restored" (Joel 3:1). That part precedes the nations being gathered against Jerusalem, to the valley of judgment, and Jerusalem being "captured". (Zechariah 14:1-3). "Israel" remains "scattered among the nations" (Joel 3:2). The valley of judgment (Jehoshaphat), is call Har-Magedon in Revelation 16:16. Your source bible, written for the glorification of a gay king of England, seems to have led you down the broad way (Matthew 7:13). The gathering of the nations against Jerusalem, is in effect (Zech 14:1 & Joel 3:2 & Rev 16:13-16). It is Judah/Jews who will fight at Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:14) and the spoils "will be divided among you" (Zech 14:1).

Joel 3:1“For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2I will gather all the nations
And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.
Then I will enter into judgment with them there
On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations
;
And they have divided up My land.

Zechariah 14:1-3 1Behold, a day is coming for the LORD when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you. 2For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. 3Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

You keep ignoring Jeremiah 50:33, and Jeremiah 3:18. Is there a reason why you keep ignoring those scriptures? You keep insulting the KJV but regardless of what translation you use, the facts remain the same — that both kingdoms are being oppressed together in captivity and both kingdoms will leave captivity together and walk into the holy land at the same time. You can’t just use one verse and ignore all of the others. LOL

Socratic Berean

Occasional thinker, perpetual seeker
Yup, just as I suspected, self conscious blather run amok. More taken with your own voice than possessing any actual knowledge. Let me known when you've gotten over yourself. or not. Have a good day.

Deflection and ad hominem? It was fairly simple question.