• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Devil Or Satan ! The Reality !

gnostic

The Lost One
Actually, I'm an agnostic, but I am very interested in religion and mythology. And I do sympathise with Gnosticism, and have read some of gnostic texts.

The thing is like to play with contradictions and paradoxes, so I'm sort of gnostic-agnostic.

My personal motto in regarding to religious truth is a contradiction too:

There are many truths,
and there is no truth.

Many religions have their own versions of "truth" (ie "many truths"), but no religion have THE ULTIMATE TRUTH (ie "no truth").

Ðanisty

gnostic said:
Actually, I'm an agnostic, but I am very interested in religion and mythology. And I do sympathise with Gnosticism, and have read some of gnostic texts.
I realized that after I posted and I've corrected my post to reflect that. Thanks for the link.

gnostic said:
Many religions have their own versions of "truth" (ie "many truths"), but no religion have THE ULTIMATE TRUTH (ie "no truth").
I agree and that's why I stay away from religion and it's dogma. I prefer simply to have faith. Absolutes drive me crazy.

gnostic

The Lost One
Danisty said:
I agree and that's why I stay away from religion and it's dogma. I prefer simply to have faith. Absolutes drive me crazy.
I find religion fascinating, but I don't have what you call "faith". My reading of any scripture is more scholarly than one of belief.

My real love is mythology.

I have created Timeless Myths, which is divided into several sections: classical (Greek/Roman), Norse and Celtic. There is also a section on the Arthurian/Grail legend. I actually more interested in the heroic myths than that of myths of the gods - but they are all fascinating, so I am willing to read all.

So religion or the mythological aspect of religion is really a side-interest for me.

gnostic

The Lost One
I am certain that Lucifer or the "Lord of the Morning Star" referred to the Babylonian king too, in Isaiah.

It is most likely that the fall of the morning star, actually refer to him become the wild-man, which was told in the Book of Daniel - from the highest (emperor) to the lowest (madman).

Could somebody point me to some scripture that says 1/3 of the angels fell?

As to the other angels falling with Satan, there are not a single reference to this event in the Hebrew Scripture or to the Christian Old Testament. It is found in the Haggada, Chapter 2, in the section titled "Fall of Satan", but the Haggada is not very reliable. Actually it refers to a "host of angels", but gives no figure like "a third".

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
gnostic said:
I am certain that Lucifer or the "Lord of the Morning Star" referred to the Babylonian king too, in Isaiah.
Does anyone know why Jesus was also referred to as the morning star, and what relevance this might have?

gnostic

The Lost One
Halcyon said:
Does anyone know why Jesus was also referred to as the morning star, and what relevance this might have?
He was? :eek: I didn't know this. Where did this reference come from, halcyon?

Smoke

Done here.
gnostic said:
He was? :eek: I didn't know this. Where did this reference come from, halcyon?
Revelation 22.16:
I, Jesus, have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Very few people realize that Jesus' family name was Morgenstern. ;)

gnostic

The Lost One
It has been a very long time since I have read the Revelation, so I have forgotten a lot that I have read. So it is not surprising that I had forgotten this.

Ðanisty

I was already aware of it, but I don't really think much of it. I've discussed it with some other Luciferians and we're not bothered by it because there are so many similarities between Lucifer and Jesus.