• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Destruction of America

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Oh it's not that we don't know there are differences, it's obvious that there are.

By ignoring it, the implication is that you should stop using terms like 'a black man or a white man' and just start using proper names without giving inference to what race that person is. That's the point I'm trying to drive home and I'm assuming God (Morgan Freeman) as well when he says that.

Racial language like gender related language, certainly makes it possible to both discuss the problem and to perpetuate the distinctions.
It is perhaps healthier to glory in the distinctions than hide them.
The attitude of people to the various races should be changed from a negative to a positive one, by emphasizing their strengths.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't stop prejudice. It's inbuilt into us.
America is a beacon for people all over the world.
You can say it's becoming the world's first true multi-racial nation.
To focus upon race riots doesn't do America service - in China you
would be killed of put into a concentration camp for doing what happens
in America.
And there's a new prejudice in America - white hate.

I see we can, many have. I also see that national predudices are akin to racial predudices.

I do see America may indeed become a true multicultural nation, when it embraces all Nations. That is how I see a future will be, a global community.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Racial language like gender related language, certainly makes it possible to both discuss the problem and to perpetuate the distinctions.
It is perhaps healthier to glory in the distinctions than hide them.
The attitude of people to the various races should be changed from a negative to a positive one, by emphasizing their strengths.

That is a good approach, our differences can become our strengths when shared for the good of all.

I see the same Issues in Australia, the same conversations have been sparked. I see New Zealand also has started the conversations. There is a lot of reconciliation yet to be done.

Regards Tony

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Understand that I fully support you view, but...

I don't think "we" can make that decision. Maybe you and I can but the "world" seems to have its own idea about how to proceed into the future. Unless perhaps you are an oligarch with the money to manipulate the media, you and I aren't even a player in the decision making.
Through the vote it can work. But ...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I sometimes think that the easy route is to destroy everything and reconstruct everything anew. But I think that would just be history repeating itself in a new setting. It happened with the fall of Rome and then the Western world struggled for centuries. To reconstruct anew would mean more suffering. And it might even lead to world dystopia and dominance by a worse power.
I don't think it will be completely destroyed.... That was an "in the moment" post and I just liked the way that sounded.... only by destruction can there be reconstruction. ;)

I do not believe that the old world order has to be destroyed before a new world order can be built, but rather the old world order will simply crumble on its own, gradually... Well, it picked up its pace in the U.S. recently, but the entire sociopolitical system that is in place won't fall overnight, it will take time.

It is a simultaneous process that is occurring now all over the world... as the old world order crumbles a new world order is rising in its stead. What I envision is that many people from all walks of life will come together to build a new society. Meanwhile, as the old world order falls the Baha'is are building a new world order that we believe will be a template that governments can adopt if they choose to. That is how I see it; other Baha'is may view it differently, as we all have our own ideas about what will happen in the future, although I don't think anyone really knows the future, except God. :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I don't think it will be completely destroyed.... That was an "in the moment" post and I just liked the way that sounded.... only by destruction can there be reconstruction. ;)

I do not believe that the old world order has to be destroyed before a new world order can be built, but rather the old world order will simply crumble on its own, gradually... Well, it picked up its pace in the U.S. recently, but the entire sociopolitical system that is in place won't fall overnight, it will take time.

It is a simultaneous process that is occurring now all over the world... as the old world order crumbles a new world order is rising in its stead. What I envision is that many people from all walks of life will come together to build a new society. Meanwhile, as the old world order falls the Baha'is are building a new world order that we believe will be a template that governments can adopt if they choose to. That is how I see it; other Baha'is may view it differently, as we all have our own ideas about what will happen in the future, although I don't think anyone really knows the future, except God. :)

I actually have a similar view to you. As what happened to nations in general, after a period of decadence, they generally degrade and give way to the new.

Where we differ is your optimism. :tearsofjoy:

InvestigateTruth

Is that because you think it has to come through the efforts of man? The Bible says it will come through Christ establishing his Kingdom rulership on earth. Its a direct intervention because unless God steps in as he says he will, sending Jesus as judge and ordering a cleansing of this earth of every vestige of failed human rulership, nothing will change....it hasn't for thousands of years.....humans are still hating and killing each other. All that changes is the characters and scenes where these actors play their part.

Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to "come" and for his will to "be done on earth as it is in heaven". This will be God's doing, not man's. (Daniel 2:44) The Kingdom is not a product of anything pertaining to this world. (John 18:36) Its not about just the self-destruction of America....its so much bigger and more encompassing than that.

Where will I find another manifestation of God mentioned in scripture?
Jesus said he was going to return and rectify all that is wrong with life on this planet.
Don't Baha'i's believe that this has already taken place?
How is he to come again? Why will he need to?
I believe it has to come from Christ and efforts of men, both together.
I also believe, this promise of peace was supposed to come with Jesus, even as the Jews expected. So, it was postponed to the time of return of Christ. Bahais believe the Christ has already returned. But, I tell you, one of the fundamental of religion of God is, and has been, that He can change His plan, even as He had said before.

"One instant I may speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to uproot and to demolish and to destroy. And when that nation repents of its evil for which I spoke concerning it, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do to it. And at one instant I may speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant, And it will do what is evil in My eyes, not to hearken to My voice, I will repent of the good I said to benefit it." (Jeremiah 18:7-10)

Last edited:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I am not optimistic about everything, especially not about my personal life,:( but I try to be detached about it. :)

The purpose of religion, IMO, is to uplift our lives from the ashes of despair. Or at least good religion, which I think Baha'i does well.

I am sorry to hear about your personal life. Hopefully we on the forum contribute to making it happier. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am sorry to hear about your personal life. Hopefully we on the forum contribute to making it happier. ;)
It is not all bad. When I said I am not optimistic I meant about what the future holds. But in the present I have many things to be grateful for. I have financial security, my health, and no personal relationship problems, just cat problems and house problems. :eek:

Yes, people on this forum help brighten my day but there are those on another forum I can do without. :(
It's like night and day. ;)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
It is not all bad. When I said I am not optimistic I meant about what the future holds. But in the present I have many things to be grateful for. I have financial security, my health, and no personal relationship problems, just cat problems and house problems. :eek:

Yes, people on this forum help brighten my day but there are those on another forum I can do without. :(
It's like night and day. ;)

Leave that forums! Become one with the RF cult!!!! :p

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus said he was going to return and rectify all that is wrong with life on this planet.

I see this ties into this OP, as disunity in race aslo ties into disunity of Faith.

Jesus said He would come with a new Name and that the New Jerusalem would come.

Finding out what the scriptures of the world are actually offering, may be the key to the One fold and One Shepherd.

It may help our heal our divided mindset.

Regards Tony

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Something about a new world order that I oppose is that all throughout history power corrupts people. I wouldn't want America to conform to other nations simply because there is many rotten apples out there ruining things in this country.

A new world order could be the most dreadful, militant and corrupt order ever.

There seems to be an inherently warring nature to humanity. I'm pessimistic!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible says it will come through Christ establishing his Kingdom rulership on earth.
Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to "come" and for his will to "be done on earth as it is in heaven". This will be God's doing, not man's. (Daniel 2:44)
Yes, it was to be God's doing, since it was God who brought it about., but humans will complete the work of building the Kingdom of God on earth.

“God’s purpose is none other than to usher in, in ways He alone can bring about, and the full significance of which He alone can fathom, the Great, the Golden Age of a long-divided, a long-afflicted humanity. Its present state, indeed even its immediate future, is dark, distressingly dark. Its distant future, however, is radiant, gloriously radiant—so radiant that no eye can visualize it......”
The Promised Day is Come, p. 116

God’s Purpose
I am not sure all the places they are mentioned, but here are some places that Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah were all prophesied in the Bible...

“The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.” (Rev. 11:14) The first woe is the appearance of the Prophet, Muhammad, the son of ‘Abdu’lláh—peace be upon Him! The second woe is that of the Báb—to Him be glory and praise! The third woe is the great day of the manifestation of the Lord of Hosts and the radiance of the Beauty of the Promised One. The explanation of this subject, woe, is mentioned in the thirtieth chapter of Ezekiel, where it is said: “The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Howl ye, Woe worth the day! For the day is near, even the day of the Lord is near.” (Ez. 30:1-3)

Therefore, it is certain that the day of woe is the day of the Lord; for in that day woe is for the neglectful, woe is for the sinners, woe is for the ignorant. That is why it is said, “The second woe is past; behold the third woe cometh quickly!” This third woe is the day of the manifestation of Bahá’u’lláh, the day of God; and it is near to the day of the appearance of the Báb.

“And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.” (Rev. 11:15).”

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and three-score days, clothed in sackcloth.” (Rev. 11:3). These two witnesses are Muhammad the Messenger of God, and ‘Alí, son of Abú Tálib.

In the Qur’án it is said that God addressed Muhammad, the Messenger of God, saying: “We made You a Witness, a Herald of good news, and a Warner”—that is to say, We have established Thee as the witness, the giver of good tidings, and as One bringing the wrath of God. The meaning of “a witness” is one by whose testimony things may be verified. The commands of these two witnesses were to be performed for twelve hundred and sixty days, each day signifying a year. Now, Muhammad was the root, and ‘Alí the branch, like Moses and Joshua. It is said they “are clothed in sackcloth,” meaning that they, apparently, were to be clothed in old raiment, not in new raiment; in other words, in the beginning they would possess no splendor in the eyes of the people, nor would their Cause appear new; for Muhammad’s spiritual Law corresponds to that of Christ in the Gospel, and most of His laws relating to material things correspond to those of the Pentateuch. This is the meaning of the old raiment.

Some Answered Questions, 11: COMMENTARY ON THE ELEVENTH CHAPTER OF THE REVELATION OF ST. JOHN
Bahais believe this has already taken place because we believe that Baha'u'llah was the seventh angel, as referenced above: “And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.” (Rev. 11:15).”
So no, we do not believe that Jesus will come again, what would be the point?

Jesus did not say that He would come and rectify it; Jesus said he would send another Comforter and the Spirit if truth to rectify it.

John 16 King James Version (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The stock market is betting things will improve.
The Nearly Nihilistic Market Rally
The world is in a state of nearly unparalleled turmoil—except for financial markets, which seem blithely unaware. The S&P 500 was up a further 0.8% Tuesday, following a 0.4% gain Monday. That makes for a 10-day gain of nearly 5%.

That might seem illogical, but it isn’t. Markets care about one set of policy developments to the exclusion of everything else: namely, the fact that government rescue measures seem to be working, at least to the extent of avoiding worst case scenarios.

The U.S. is being rocked by protests of a scale not seen for half a century and Washington and Beijing are facing off over Hong Kong, all amid a raging pandemic. But even the riskiest corners of markets are ticking away from distressed levels. The spread between safe U.S. Treasury bonds and U.S. high-yield bonds, excluding energy, metals and mining, is down to around 5.5 percentage points. It reached a high of 9.7 percentage points in late March.

Markets have often shrugged off geopolitical stress—North Korean missile strikes, clashes in the Middle East—but the gap between what’s happening in the world and in the market seems extreme even by those standards. Analysts note that a year’s earnings doesn’t matter much to a company’s valuation under a discounted cash flow model. As long as earnings bounce back next year—or even the year after—a likely lower-for-longer interest rate is enough to justify gravity-defying stock markets.

amorphous_constellation

Yeah... so I am not detecting a very comfortable feeling in the air at this time. Not sleeping well... Saw a bunch of photos of people that were maimed with rubber bullets, which blind them and cause lots of damage.. (is this only happening after curfew hours start?) So.. And many protesters seem to claim they are marching peacefully, but claim it is a set up. What exactly is going on? This is going on in the city 20 miles from me.. and all that said, why this talk of optimism and success guys..

I say we start taking a far more skeptical tone with our thoughts about human nature. It has simply not developed too far yet. I am pretty convinced now, that the human race might have a long, long, long road ahead of it, unfortunately. This is a time to appeal with prayer to your gods, or meditate on our better virtues

Last edited: