• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Democrats are condemning Donald Trump and...

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
That won't stop bad people from getting guns and hurting good people.
Bad people will hurt good people with rented vehicles, baseball bats, martial arts, trained attack dogs, bombs, box cutters, explosives, etc.

Sorry, Charlie, wrong number.
Ever killed anyone? I have. It's a lot easier with a firearm than a baseball bat.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
the Republicans in general as "racists".
The parties do this. They turn politics into a frenzy as often as possible and have been doing so for centuries. Its a show. In early days they were called parties for their huge parties attracting people to their groups. That's how you get a political party started: throw parties with lots of favors. You do favors for whomever can give you power which makes you a party. Its a dirty word, actually.

the phrase 'a well-regulated militia' actually mean?
'Well regulated' refers to having many fighters available. It has to do with the old term for soldier which was called a regular. In early days they had no draft and also could not afford a standing military. They also didn't like standing militias. Instead they opted to arm the populace.
https://www.quora.com/What-do-the-t...d’-and-‘militia’-mean-in-the-Second-Amendment

pearl

The Demos are hypocrites: they accuse the Trump camp for being "racists" thus "un-American"

Nothing but a political game, what the Republicans would like us to believe, that the Dems are out to get all guns which is completely false.

Why refer to fictional carnage when you can make you're point with the real life carnage of school shootings and all other mass shootings?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Nothing but a political game, what the Republicans would like us to believe, that the Dems are out to get all guns which is completely false.

Why refer to fictional carnage when you can make you're point with the real life carnage of school shootings and all other mass shootings?
That would require, you know, effort and research.

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, a big part of the problem is that there are *already* too many guns available by way too many sources. We need to limit gun ownership to those in registered militia. We also need to institute background checks and mental health checks on gun owners. And, as I said nothing at all about assault weapons, that whole topic is a side issue. And yes, if someone has diagnosed PTSD, they should not own a gun.

Only registered militia. Even Jaoan does not go
that far.
Your plan would eliminate all hunting, for good or ill,
except for those in a registered mikitia.

A Wyoming rancher? No guns, sorry.

A single woman with legitimate concern about home
invasion? Swing a golf club?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Only registered militia. Even Jaoan does not go
that far.
Your plan would eliminate all hunting, for good or ill,
except for those in a registered mikitia.

A Wyoming rancher? No guns, sorry.

A single woman with legitimate concern about home
invasion? Swing a golf club?
This is not true at all. I am Canadian, there is nothing at all in the Canadian Construction or Charter of Rights that give Canadians the “right to bear arms”. Nevertheless there is a lot of hunting done here, and target shooting, and gun collections and people do have guns for personal protection.

The problem with the gun debate in the U.S. is the people tend to look at it in absolute terms, and that just makes no sense.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The democrats condemned Trump the day he announced himself running as a republican and a number of politically aligned media outlets have smeared him for about three years. Nothing new under the sun here it's just that the democrats are running scared because they still don't seem to have anyone that could possibly win so they resort to this. It's pretty sad when the only thing the democrats have to offer is pointing the finger and screaming racism but we knew this would happen the closer we got to 2020.

Audie

Veteran Member
This is not true at all. I am Canadian, there is nothing at all in the Canadian Construction or Charter of Rights that give Canadians the “right to bear arms”. Nevertheless there is a lot of hunting done here, and target shooting, and gun collections and people do have guns for personal protection.

The problem with the gun debate in the U.S. is the people tend to look at it in absolute terms, and that just makes no sense.

What did i say that is not true?

You tho are correct about how these Americans go
to extremes

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The democrats condemned Trump the day he announced himself running as a republican
As did quite a few Republicans as I recall. Lindsey Graham said Trump was a “race-baiting xenophobic religious bigot”, and Paul Ryan described Trumps comments about a judge as “textbook racism”. And there were many others but my memory is getting old.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But it's the conservatives that have distorted the 2nd Amendment. It very clearly says that the right to bear arms is to ensure an effective militia.
If it were clearly written, there wouldn't be so much arguing over its meaning.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The relationship between the militia & bearing arms isn't explicitly stated.
Moreover, the portion after the comma gives the uninfringed right to "the people",
which includes all...men, women, children, & others not in an organized militia.

As I read it...
A well regulated militia is the reason that the people
have the right to bear militarily capable small arms.

What I most often hear from the left is that the amendment means that
government has the right to bear arms, but not people outside of government.
Talk about distortion....
And I am fully supportive of having those in a registered militia allowed to be allowed to have such arms. Since that would probably require background checks, and mental health evaluations, I see nothing wrong with such.

On the other hand, if you are NOT in a militia, there should be restrictions on what weapons of mass destruction you can own.
This sounds good to me, but there's a wrinkle...
Who is "the militia"?
George Mason said it is the "whole people".
This would be a broader meaning than the "well regulated militia".
And while you are 'allowed' to say the things you did, it is still *anti-American* to do so. You see, even being anti-American is allowed in America. An example is claiming that effective journalism is counter to the interests of the people of the US, advocating bigotry and racism, and declaring that the Supreme Court shouldn't be obeyed.
Btw, I'm unabashedly anti-Ameristanian.
This country must be stopped....at least to the
extent that I could become pro-Ameristanian.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
This sounds good to me, but there's a wrinkle...
Who is "the militia"?
George Mason said it is the "whole people".
This would be a broader meaning than the "well regulated militia".
The question then remains "precisely what counts as 'well regulated'". If the "militia" can simply mean the "whole people", then what regulations are necessary on the "whole people" in order to make them specifically a "well regulated" militia?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The question then remains "precisely what counts as 'well regulated'". If the "militia" can simply mean the "whole people", then what regulations are necessary on the "whole people" in order to make them specifically a "well regulated" militia?
It will be argued about for as long as we have the Constitution.