1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Deities of Wicca vs. the God of the Bible

Discussion in 'Wicca DIR' started by Sgt. Pepper, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper RF's resident Beatlemaniac. ☮ and ❤
    It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +2,754
    Religion:
    Wicca, Polytheism, Spiritualism
    As far as I'm aware as a new Wiccan, the deities of Wicca aren't psychopathic monsters as the Christian God has proven himself to be in the Bible. The deities of Wicca aren't jealous and vindictive gods, and they don't threaten you with torture and suffering in an eternal hell for the mistakes you make in your life. There is no guilt, shame and fearmongering in Wicca and there are no threats of judgment and punishment. I can't express how deeply relieved I am to finally be free of my former religion. It took me years to free myself from its heavy shackles, and I never want to be imprisoned by it again. I only wish I had found Wicca years ago rather than waste thirty years of my life being hoodwinked by a religion that caused me such immense heartache, guilt and sadness. I realize that I have much more to learn and experience in Wicca, and I'm looking forward to the spiritual journey. If the Wiccans on this forum have any advice for me, please feel free to share it with me. I would be truly grateful for the friendly advice and guidance.

☮ and ❤
    Sgt. Pepper

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Hildeburh

Hildeburh Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Religion:
    Frynsidu
    I'm glad you've freed yourself from the constraints of Abrahamic religion but if you read mythology the old gods could also be just as fickle and vengeful.

I'm assuming your not Traditional Wicca so which deities have you choosen for your god and goddess?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ashoka

Ashoka )0(

Ratings:
    +1,492
    Religion:
    Dianic Wicca
    I am so happy to hear that you feel free! Yes, the deities of Wicca are more understanding and kind than the Abrahamic deity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper RF's resident Beatlemaniac. ☮ and ❤
    It's My Birthday!

Ratings:
    +2,754
    Religion:
    Wicca, Polytheism, Spiritualism
    I haven't chosen a god and goddess yet. I'm still relatively new to Wicca, and I'm still learning.

5. Hildeburh

Hildeburh Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Religion:
    Frynsidu
    That's fine, many new converts to paganism start with generalised concepts of the god/esses. As knowledge builds and we become more in tune with those who call us, more specific deities are chosen for our worship.

• Like Like x 1