• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dehumanizing Double Standards in Media Coverage of War

InChrist

Free4ever
Well, if you expect the US to pay the bills for the UN and defense of Europe, isn't it reasonable that it has a say in things?
I don’t expect the US to pay the bills for the UN or the defense of Europe. I prefer we wouldn’t. Nevertheless, having a say is much different than invasive interventionism into the affair of other countries.

ajay0

Normally, I would post an excerpt from the article, but I don't think it's possible to summarize its message without reading through:

‘Double standards’: Western coverage of Ukraine war criticised

A lot of this prejudice and lack of awareness isn't even from far-right media; a lot of it is from supposed liberals. I'm not sure I would personally put all of it down to white supremacism or deliberate racism, but at best, it's extremely clueless and dismissively ethnocentric.

Yes, this is very unfortunate and reflects the western domination of the media at present, leading to dehumanisation of the others who are not western or prosperous enough.

Hopefully such critiques would help western journalism to adopt a more objective and humanistic perspective while dealing with such matters, so that it will not keep on alienating the rest of the world against them.

lukethethird

unknown member
He's a hero to me.

I wouldn't go so far as to calling him a hero, though he is sticking up for the people of Donetsk.

I would rather he came up with a peaceful solution but when dealing with provocation from US backed NATO, I suppose that doesn't come easy. This was all predicted but for some reason the west did not take Putin seriously and now the people of Ukraine are paying the price.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wouldn't go so far as to calling him a hero, though he is sticking up for the people of Donetsk.

I would rather he came up with a peaceful solution but when dealing with provocation from US backed NATO, I suppose that doesn't come easy. This was all predicted but for some reason the west did not take Putin seriously and now the people of Ukraine are paying the price.
Ukraine & NATO really provoked Putin by letting Russia
invade Georgia & Crimea without consequence.