• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dehumanizing Double Standards in Media Coverage of War

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Soothsayers see that as the only way. But as far as this issue goes it would be the same as now except Russia would be defending eastern Ukraine against genocide while Ukraine part of NATO. So it was hunt or be hunted thing.
You are not making sense.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
That’s okay stand out of the way while forces of Imam Mahdi destroy the plans of the soothsayer satanic jinn worshippers. You can be neutral but to me truth is clear on this issue.
The truth is that Putin and his dictatorship needs to be defeated and Russia needs democracy.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The truth is that Putin and his dictatorship needs to be defeated and Russia needs democracy.
Truth is Imam Hussain is a rebel. Truth is Imam Ali is a unjust leader who won’t hold Uthman’s killers accountable. Truth is not created by our desires and conjecture. It’s attained by inner light by opposition of caprice and thinking with mental clarity as a result.

MyM

you probably would not been on side of Imam Ali (a) during his battles if you in his time. You got to seek refuge in God and seek help and guidance from Imam Mahdi. Satan confused the west and owns their hearing and sights. Iranian revolution it’s time we take that **** to overdrive and get rid of dictators and I hope this happens soon. Soon inshallah Middle East becomes free from dictators. It’s gonna be in the interest of Russia to guarantee Iran nuclear deterrence so that sanctions will be on the evil nato and not the other way anymore.

This is your shi'ee belief :)

I seek help only from Allah swt.

Don't assume you know how I think or feel. This is something forbidden to do in Islam. I will be on the side of Imaam Mehdi, God willing if I am alive when the time arises. :) inshallah

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Truth is Imam Hussain is a rebel. Truth is Imam Ali is a unjust leader who won’t hold Uthman’s killers accountable. Truth is not created by our desires and conjecture. It’s attained by inner light by opposition of caprice and thinking with mental clarity as a result.
I don't know those guys. I only know Jesus. Who is the truth.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Is it really hypocrisy when Western media upholds Western political and economic interests?

That's one of its primary reasons for existing, next to generating profit for its owners, is it not?

MyM

Is it really hypocrisy when Western media upholds Western political and economic interests?

That's one of its primary reasons for existing, next to generating profit for its owners, is it not?

How can one know what goes on behind closed doors?

InChrist

Free4ever
All of this seems a deflection from the immediate issue: Putin invaded Ukraine. Yes in the world of international politics no one is innocent, but the problem at hand is invasion.
Yes, the issue at hand is the invasion, but it’s probably important to ask what caused the problem to arise in the first place.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You have a middle eastern, rather than a western perspective.
I'm not saying that one is right, & the other wrong....just offering
an explanation for different levels of focus other than race.

To you, accuracy might be about the number of deaths.
But to westerners, the Russia vs Ukraine conflict reminds
us of the existential threat of thermo-nuclear warfare.
Not defending...just splaining.

I think nuclear war would be an existential threat to everyone, not just to the West. If it happened, nobody or their current way of life would be safe.

Still, it is only a threat rather than a reality, and hopefully it will stay this way. This is unlike the Iraq War and its resultant destruction and loss of life. I would still be extremely concerned about even the possibility of it (especially with someone as unpredictably hawkish as Putin at the helm of a large nuclear arsenal), but I see no reason at the moment to call this war a larger event than that in Iraq.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
If that were to occur, he would still have invaded. All of those demands are pretext to invasion.

His only goal is to rebuild the glory of the former USSR, one country at a time. By force, unless those countries surrender (who would?).
I can’t say if Putin’s goal is to rebuild the former USSR, but from what I’ve researched his immediate goal is to protect Russia’s border from interventionist tactics and threats.
In 2014 the US was involved in a coup which removed an elected government in the Ukraine, replaced it with anti-Russian officials.

“What the US media will not report is that this entire crisis – and the threat of a serious war – has all been brought about by US interference in the internal affairs of Ukraine, specifically the US-backed coup that overthrew an elected government in 2014. Every bit of unrest in Ukraine proceeded from that single foolish and immoral act by the Obama Administration.”

Ukraine Crisis: A Nightmare Caused by US Interventionism

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think nuclear war would be an existential threat to everyone, not just to the West. If it happened, nobody or their current way of life would be safe.
While nuclear fallout in East Jebus would be a problem,
we faced direct assault. Hence our derided focus.
Still, it is only a threat rather than a reality, and hopefully it will stay this way. This is unlike the Iraq War and its resultant destruction and loss of life. I would still be extremely concerned about even the possibility of it (especially with someone as unpredictably hawkish as Putin at the helm of a large nuclear arsenal), but I see no reason at the moment to call this war a larger event than that in Iraq.
I'm hoping that no one is foolish enuf to
provoke or wage nuclear war. We'll see.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I can’t say if Putin’s goal is to rebuild the former USSR, but from what I’ve researched his immediate goal is to protect Russia’s border from interventionist tactics and threats.
In 2014 the US was involved in a coup which removed an elected government in the Ukraine, replaced it with anti-Russian officials.

“What the US media will not report is that this entire crisis – and the threat of a serious war – has all been brought about by US interference in the internal affairs of Ukraine, specifically the US-backed coup that overthrew an elected government in 2014. Every bit of unrest in Ukraine proceeded from that single foolish and immoral act by the Obama Administration.”

Ukraine Crisis: A Nightmare Caused by US Interventionism
Bull****. The decision to invade another sovereign nation and kill that nation’s citizens was Putin’s decision alone. Are there complex geopolitical issues at play? Of course. But ultimately it is Putin’s total barbarism that we are seeing.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The NATO was supposed to defend Libyans.
Syria was destroyed because people tried to change to a democracy and Russia with the dictator suppressed the aspirations of the people.

Libya was again a revolution by the people.

There is no such thing as a "deep state" except in the lies of those entrapped in darkness.

Libya was one of the wealthiest countries in the Mediterranean.
A political and economic treaty had just been signed between Italy and Libya. Libya would have become even wealthier, after that.
But few years later, the NATO supported the fundamentalists who overthrew Gaddafi.

So, please do acknowledge that the NATO brought nothing but destruction and turmoil in Libya.
And it lost its economic status.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You have a middle eastern, rather than a western perspective.
I'm not saying that one is right, & the other wrong....just offering
an explanation for different levels of focus other than race.

That is the point. A Middle Eastern perspective is as valuable as the American one.
Because it deals with human lives lost.
Iraqis' lives are not less valuable than Americans' lives.
The world will never forget Colin Powell with that fake bottle in his hands.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Bull****. The decision to invade another sovereign nation and kill that nation’s citizens was Putin’s decision alone. Are there complex geopolitical issues at play? Of course. But ultimately it is Putin’s total barbarism that we are seeing.

I am not saying Putin’s actions are acceptable, but I think we need to step back and see what is really going on rather than just buying into what we are being told to think about the situation.

Why is Putin’s violation of Ukraine’s sovereign borders so barbaric, but America’s invasions, attacks and military violence committed against Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria and dozens of other countries not also barbaric? Why has corporate media been silent over the years, even cheering such attacks, never once caring about how many innocent people would be “displaced” in those countries.

When America attacks other nations, it’s never described by the western media as a barbaric onslaught that’s killing innocents. It’s always described as an effort to “defend freedom.” Why is America’s violence acceptable and dressed up as “peace,” but when anybody else does it around the world, suddenly it’s a brutal onslaught?
These are important questions we should all be asking ourselves, rather than letting our minds be manipulated.

MyM

I am not saying Putin’s actions are acceptable, but I think we need to step back and see what is really going on rather than just buying into what we are being told to think about the situation.

Why is Putin’s violation of Ukraine’s sovereign borders so barbaric, but America’s invasions, attacks and military violence committed against Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria and dozens of other countries not also barbaric? Why has corporate media been silent over the years, even cheering such attacks, never once caring about how many innocent people would be “displaced” in those countries.

When America attacks other nations, it’s never described by the western media as a barbaric onslaught that’s killing innocents. It’s always described as an effort to “defend freedom.” Why is America’s violence acceptable and dressed up as “peace,” but when anybody else does it around the world, suddenly it’s a brutal onslaught?
These are important questions we should all be asking ourselves, rather than letting our minds be manipulated.

In the Quran, over 1400 years ago, Allah says,

2_11.png

When they are told, “Do not spread corruption in the land,” they reply, “We are only peace-makers!” Sura Baqarah 2:11

This makes me automatically think of the States...everyone always gives the excuse of "peace and freedom"....it's not correct but it is just a ploy and an excuse to me. :)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No sane leader of a country as powerful as Russia responds to criticism and words with military force. That's the stuff egomaniacal tyrants do, and he has shown himself to be one through both his domestic and foreign policies.
You really believe we have sane leaders? Trump grabbed them at their... Kimmy believes he is God...Xi harms more then reaches the news, just to mention a few

Your argument makes no sense. Knowing we have many insane, power, control, money and sex obsessed leaders makes it even more foolish to anger them

Do you know about narcissism? Number 1 advice from psychology experts is to not anger them, because this definitely boomerangs back to you, with a force that will dazzle you for weeks, because they are incarnations of anger and hate and they are more mean than you, so they will hurt you in ways you don't even think of

Then there are sociopaths and psychopaths, they are bad too. Many leaders have quite some narcissistic traits and if a leader is a sociopath then you really are in trouble

Putin was KGB, that should tell you enough.

Anger them and they will just kill you, if you are lucky.

So, indeed it was foolish of USA to anger Putin for decades. A child knows this. Politicians think they can do whatever they want, but they are crazy to believe they get away with it. Karma is a *****