• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Definition of things Luciferian

[WURM]

SophiaSeeker
I posted this in another thread as questions for "EtuMalku" only to realize I probably should just address the crowd. Therefore, I will. I, hereby, present the following inquiries to everyone:

I'm trying to understand all this from an atheist perspective.
If we are discarding theism in our definition of lucfierian things, what can we make of terms such as...

Psyche
Spiritual
Magick

You [this originally meant EtuMalku] said that "Phosphorus" is a cosmic force; what does this mean exactly? Could you define it or expand a little more? Assuming you can give me something more about how we would understand the term "psyche"; I would like to know how or what it means to become immortal - and is that possible, rather is that probable? Also, I'm interested in this whole Magick thing. Am I to assume, from the non-theistic sense, that all luciferians that practice magick are in some manner accepting some sort of metaphysical or noumenal "world"? What further can you say about magick? I am very interested in the mythology or legends according to luciferianism but if this "religion" comes down to (in the probably too simple term of) enlightenment and/or self evolution - then, why not just be philosophers seeking wisdom and truth and avoid dragging all that through the mud of luciferian language; doesn't that just confuse things? Lastly, is luciferianism really a religion or is it just a philosophy or life style? Does religion require dogma or some sort of metaphysics to be a religion?

Any answers and/or opinions are welcome.

Thank you.

[WURM]

SophiaSeeker
hi "the enlightened one"!
Luciferianism can be both.
I would consider myself a symbolic luciferian. Which is to say, I subscribe to a non-theistic philosophy that is symbolic with regard to the actions of Lucifer - rebellion in light of wisdom and the general pursuit of knowledge. Our interpretation of Lucifer is that he gave up his seat in heaven to give humanity free will. He was cast out because this was the right thing to do. the entire human condition, and lives we know now, are the result of Lucifer's actions. Without him, god would have deprived us of freedom and the will to grow. Lucifer choose knowledge or mindless happiness - that is what i believe in, philosophically.

As for your other question regarding if it is just LaVeyan satanism...
I wouldn't say it is. I draws upon that, as it draws upon all things that can proscribe "wisdom". Each luciferian may seek out the path to "enlightenment" the way they see fit. Some luciferians may conflate Satan and lucifer into one entity, while many claim that two are completely separate which have been confused for each other due to Christianity. So, for me and many others, satan is in a LaVeyan sense a symbol of strength, power in the physicality of yourself, while Lucifer is a symbol of self direction, enlightenment, intellectualism - and spirituality (that is what LaVey specifically leaves out) Think of it like this: Lucifer means the light bearer or light bringer. The light is wisdom. Lucifer is our way of accepting and pursuing illumination of the will or the self.

For me, i like to accept both symbolic takes on Satan and Lucifer. This, to me, represents a perfect duality in humans. We must seek the light to grow and better ourselves. But, we cannot forget the very passions that lie within us - these being our darkness within. Whether or not this darkness is innate to humanity doesn't matter. I have it, so I embrace the duality. Strength and knowledge - darkness and light.