• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The death knoll of Intelligent Design and Creationism

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
The death knoll of Intelligent Design and Creationism
Obviously, to the truly objective and unbiased mind, all this shows is that this T-Rex has not been dead long enough for all its soft tissue to dissappear :D

linwood

Mister Emu said:
Obviously, to the truly objective and unbiased mind, all this shows is that this T-Rex has not been dead long enough for all its soft tissue to dissappear :D
Mr.Emu has a point here.

Would someone rebut this..please?
Before I have to subscribe to YEC magazine.

:)

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Mr.Emu has a point here.

Would someone rebut this..please?
Well while the point remains(I believe that it will be made by YECs), I was being a bit sarcastic in the wording.

Before I have to subscribe to YEC magazine.
Do it. Do it. :)

Pah

Uber all member
Mister Emu said:
Yeah! T-Rex must have died within ten years or so

Pah

Uber all member
pah said:
But no!!
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/sci;307/5717/1852b - subscrition required
Science, Vol 307, Issue 5717, 1852 , 25 March 2005

On page 1952, a team led by Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University in Raleigh describes dinosaur blood vessels--still flexible and elastic after 68 million years--and apparently intact cells. "If we have tissues that are not fossilized, then we can potentially extract DNA," says Lawrence Witmer, a paleontologist at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens. "It's very exciting." But don't fire up the sequencing machines just yet. Experts, and the team itself, say they won't be convinced that the original material has survived unaltered until further test results come in.

The skeleton was excavated in 2003 from the Hell Creek Formation of Montana by co-author Jack Horner's crew at the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Montana. Back in the lab, Schweitzer and her technician demineralized the fragments by soaking them in a weak acid. As the fossil dissolved, transparent vessels were left behind. "It was totally shocking," Schweitzer says. "I didn't believe it until we'd done it 17 times." Branching vessels also appeared in fragments from a hadrosaur and another Tyrannosaurus skeleton. Many of the vessels contain red and brown structures that resemble cells. And inside these are smaller objects similar in size to the nuclei of the blood cells in modern birds. The team also found osteocytes, cells that deposit bone minerals, preserved with slender filipodia still intact.
Emphasis mine

linwood

Thats not good enough Pah.

If I order a full years subscription it says here that I also get free tickets to the Answers in Genesis theme park where I and my kids can ride Noahs ark complete with a pair robotic
[size=-1]Velociraptors who eat straw and lie side by side with a pair of lambs as many times as we like.

Ya gonna help me here Pah?
[/size]

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
still flexible and elastic after 68 million years
You know as well as I do that fervent YECs do not believe millions of years dating to be accurate.

Branching vessels also appeared in fragments from a hadrosaur and another Tyrannosaurus skeleton.
Well, if YEC is true, then they would also be quite a bit younger than the currently accept dates.

Pah

Uber all member
Mister Emu said:
You know as well as I do that fervent YECs do not believe millions of years dating to be accurate.

Well, if YEC is true, then they would also be quite a bit younger than the currently accept dates.
And if pigs had wings they could fly

Try three coins in a wishing well

Pah

Uber all member
Mister Emu said:
Dang, evolution still didn't happen.
Hehehe - my coins went into a chemistry beaker and the granting of the wish is on the way. Sorry!