• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Day of the Great Slaughter

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What are your thoughts of Isaiah 30:25
And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

I say a possible event not too far away.

Regards Tony

amorphous_constellation

God brings the Assyrian against His rebellious people. But a remnant of the faithful escape.

Isa 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and they that are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them (the Assyrian); but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

So who was it that smote them , (and why bother arguing about this?) god or 'the assyrian,' or was it a little of both. Or does it matter, as I assume that such wrath would be so proximal to the nervous system that, in terms of time or energy , neither would be in significant enough capacities to contemplate the ontology of said wrath

Clara Tea

And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

Atmospheric changes make it easier to sunburn, because the sunlight is far more intense now than it was when we were younger.

Isaiah 30.26: "The light of the moon will be as bright as the sun, and the light of the sun will be seven times brighter—like the light of seven days"

In history, many towers have fallen (not just the twin towers of the 911 attack in New York). The siege of Jerusalem, fall of Rome (interpreted by Targum), and the fall of Babylon by President George W. Bush, to name a few.

Here are some comments about 30:25 from the web:

Isaiah 30 Bible Commentary - John Darby’s Synopsis

Isaiah 30 Bible Commentary - John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible

Isaiah 30 Bible Commentary - Matthew Henry (complete)

Isaiah 30 Bible Commentary - Wesley’s Explanatory Notes

Andrew Reil

I think this refers to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is great for the righteous and terrible for the wicked. I believe the righteous will be lifted up into the clouds while the earth including the wicked burns and is transformed into a garden of Eden state (2 Pet 3:10-13).

I theorize that the time we are up there we will witness - and may even be allowed to help under the direction of God - transform the world, and we will descend to this glorious paradise.