• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Day of the Covenant observed Nov. 25th - 26th

arthra

Baha'i
In a week or so from November 25th sunset to November 26th sunset Baha'is observe the Day of the Covenant as a Holy Day in the Baha'i Calendar.

"Abraham, on Him be peace, made a covenant concerning Moses and gave the glad-tidings of His coming. Moses made a covenant concerning the promised Christ, and announced the good news of His advent to the world. Christ made a covenant concerning the Paraclete and gave the tidings of His coming. The Prophet Muhammad made a covenant concerning the Báb, and the Báb was the One promised by Muhammad, for Muhammad gave the tidings of His coming. The Báb made a Covenant concerning the Blessed Beauty, Bahá’u’lláh, and gave the glad-tidings of His coming, for the Blessed Beauty was the One promised by the Báb. Bahá’u’lláh made a covenant concerning a Promised One Who will become manifest after one thousand or thousands of years."

Abdu’l-Baha, Baha’i World Faith, p. 358.

I'm attaching an article about the historical origins of The Day of the Covenant:

What’s the Day of the Covenant, and Why Do Baha’is Celebrate it?

Ali Nakhjavani of blessed memory addresses "The Power of the Covenant":

A special cite online concerns the Baha'i Covenant:
  1. What is the Covenant?
  2. What is the “Greater Covenant”?
  3. What is the “Lesser Covenant”?
  4. What are the powers and blessings manifested through the Covenant?
  5. Why is it important to study the Covenant?
  6. What does it mean to be firm in the Covenant?

The Baha’i Covenant | The Covenant of Baha’u'llah