• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The dangers of dihydrogen monoxide

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We've had a few comments on that danger of this substance here, but a recent Mental Floss article reminded me of the startling truth uncovered by a mere 14-year old lad not so many years ago The 14-Year-Old Who Convinced People to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

Of course the Internet is to be trusted, especially this comprehensive web site Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide - Just read this revealing quote:

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I prefer my dihydrogen monoxide in solid form. What else would you expect from a frost giant?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
After thinking about it for hours, I have to confess to being a DHMO addict. I can't go a day, even hours, without having DHMO, sometimes large quantities. I've even been known to pay for it which shows the depths of depravity I've fallen to.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Scientists say dihydrogen monoxide is the most important element for life on Earth but you wouldn't want to inhale the stuff!

Jedster

We've had a few comments on that danger of this substance here, but a recent Mental Floss article reminded me of the startling truth uncovered by a mere 14-year old lad not so many years ago The 14-Year-Old Who Convinced People to Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide

Of course the Internet is to be trusted, especially this comprehensive web site Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide - Just read this revealing quote:

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

Re: water: This song puts it all into focus (the B side of the first ever record I had, 78rmp) :)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There is no DHMO, never was, never will be. This is just another Al Gore money making scheme perpetrated on the weak-minded.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Word has it that there are powerful industrial interests using, producing, buying and selling large amounts of DHMO.

They have every intention of remain doing just that, even as people denounce its dangers.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Word has it that there are powerful industrial interests using, producing, buying and selling large amounts of DHMO.

They have every intention of remain doing just that, even as people denounce its dangers.
No doubt Monsanto holds the patent on its "seeds".

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
One time this con on the street sold me a bottle marked dihydrogen monoxide, but in the bottle there was only water. I turned my back and the guy vanished -- with my money.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Don't forget that the one time god killed almost all life on Earth, he did it using dihydrogen monoxide. The chosen weapon of mass destruction of the gods themselves - and this stuff if just lying around everywhere.