• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The curious case of Jussie Smollett

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
In relation to the thread I made regarding people who ought to be prosecuted for fake claims of sexual assault, this perhaps is a great example of how one could potentially misuse support for their own benefit. I do not want to pass judgment as to why this individual would conjure up a story to invoke knee jerk reactions to both the black community and the LGBTQ community, but I do know he (Jussie) could potentially make a black eye of the two.

It’s bad enough that the African-American community continues to fight social injustices and calls for police reform, not to mention the LGBTQ communities continuing fight against bigotry, but to galvanize the people to be in your corner over a farce is a huge slap in the face.

This is seemingly like another case of Tawana Bradley where an outlier of the community decides to conjure up a tale for what benefit? I wouldn’t know. Now a local civil rights activist Najee Ali is calling for his arrest and prosecution as updated reports have shown that the two men on camera were Nigerian brothers whose house was raided where they were questioned and released.

Now police are stating that Smollett potentially paid someone (either these two or someone else) for a fake attack. I echo the same sentiments as Mr. Ali:

“His lies will only embolden Trump and all his MAGA supporters. Smollett’s actions and lies will make real incidents of racists attacks and homophobia much easier to immediately dismiss.“

Civil Rights Activist Calls for Arrest and Prosecution of Jussie Smollett

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
“His lies will only embolden Trump and all his MAGA supporters. Smollett’s actions and lies will make real incidents of racists attacks and homophobia much easier to immediately dismiss.“
He's apparently caught in a fraud designed to attack Trump & supporters.
Now the fraud itself is now being used to attack Trump & supporters as homophobic racists.
Amusing.
The phony's bigotry is so useful to race baiters....or so they think.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Innocent until proven guilty but I can't say it wouldn't surprise me if he did as none of this from the beginning made much sense. This is another CNN claim from unnamed sources so I will just wait this out and see how it all turns out, the story may change tomorrow. If it turns out to be true that the "gay Tupac"did set this up the real entertainment value will be in watching how Don Lemon and others spin it.

Watcha doin' Jussie?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Can we be sure that being beaten and denigrated by Trump supporters isn't some new weird masochistic fetish of anti -Trumpsters even if they have to pay prostitutes to carry it out? It would make sense because popular wisdom states that things people say they hate the most is often their secret desire.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think some crave the attention and apparent status that comes with being a martyr (the SJW culture seems to salivate for this sort of thing). We all know the parable about the boy who cried wolf, and so this charade will have done a great disservice to the black and LGBT communities.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think some crave the attention and apparent status that comes with being a martyr (the SJW culture seems to salivate for this sort of thing). We all know the parable about the boy who cried wolf, and so this charade will have done a great disservice to the black and LGBT communities.
IMO it harms the anti-Trump crowd, who inspire such acts by leaping so quickly to belief.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
IMO it harms the anti-Trump crowd, who inspire such acts by leaping so quickly to belief.
Actually from what I've read most found the circumstances to be highly suspect from the beginning, regardless of their leanings. You know how I feel about Trump but this reeked of BS to me from the start. The *only* people I've seen hop aboard was the usual SJW brigade (who many conservatives like to present as the face of anyone left of Mussolini.)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
In relation to the thread I made regarding people who ought to be prosecuted for fake claims of sexual assault, this perhaps is a great example of how one could potentially misuse support for their own benefit. I do not want to pass judgment as to why this individual would conjure up a story to invoke knee jerk reactions to both the black community and the LGBTQ community, but I do know he (Jussie) could potentially make a black eye of the two.

It’s bad enough that the African-American community continues to fight social injustices and calls for police reform, not to mention the LGBTQ communities continuing fight against bigotry, but to galvanize the people to be in your corner over a farce is a huge slap in the face.

This is seemingly like another case of Tawana Bradley where an outlier of the community decides to conjure up a tale for what benefit? I wouldn’t know. Now a local civil rights activist Najee Ali is calling for his arrest and prosecution as updated reports have shown that the two men on camera were Nigerian brothers whose house was raided where they were questioned and released.

Now police are stating that Smollett potentially paid someone (either these two or someone else) for a fake attack. I echo the same sentiments as Mr. Ali:

Civil Rights Activist Calls for Arrest and Prosecution of Jussie Smollett
I knew Americans were obsessed with politics but this is ridiculous. Staging an attack, risking your reputation and even your freedom just to make your opponents look bad?
Couldn’t Smollett face charges for filing a false police report? How is that worth trolling the right, irl?

Shad

Veteran Member
I knew Americans were obsessed with politics but this is ridiculous. Staging an attack, risking your reputation and even your freedom just to make your opponents look bad?

It has happened in the US for decades. The change is media is better at reporting such claims. There was the McCain B girl from 2008.

Couldn’t Smollett face charges for filing a false police report?

Yes

How is that worth trolling the right, irl?

It is worth it to the fantasy in Smollett's head.

Shad

Veteran Member

It could also be a market issue.... The demand for racism is higher than the supply

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Innocent until proven guilty but I can't say it wouldn't surprise me if he did as none of this from the beginning made much sense. This is another CNN claim from unnamed sources so I will just wait this out and see how it all turns out, the story may change tomorrow. If it turns out to be true that the "gay Tupac"did set this up the real entertainment value will be in watching how Don Lemon and others spin it.

Watcha doin' Jussie?

What is from CNN?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
What is from CNN?

The original story seemed to come from CNN a day or two ago, this is from today:
Jussie Smollet: New evidence suggests actor orchestrated attack, according to police sources - CNN

The reason I disregarded the O.P. is because Najee Ali does not seem to believe in due process and innocence before proven guilty if it serves his political and social agenda therefore not worthy of much consideration. I give Jussie the benefit of the doubt just as I do anyone though I have had my suspicions from the beginning. Added to this in the beginning it was another breaking CNN story where "unnamed sources" were used to create a narrative, it may change tomorrow.