• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crusade Against Hinduism and Why I Admire Muslims

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Surely you plan to remain flexible and open even though rejecting the radical missionaries? I'm asking, because I don't understand why you were so accepting of them in the first place. What makes some Hindus so ready to quickly add Jesus to their list of deities?

Namaste, Brick-ji:

To be honest, brother:

Please ask the Hindus that do. I don't know of any here on RF. But, I have encountered a handful on other threads. Unfortunately, you will not find many Hindus, if at all any, here on RF that add Jesus to their list of deities.

"I don't understand why you were so accepting of them in the first place."

Ohhh, are you talking about Hindus in India that welcomed them? Well, many reasons, perhaps. But, one could definitely state that the warm hearts of Hindus has led them into this perilous situation. There are also the political, economical, and social factors.

What is very interesting is that the Abrahamic religions -the Hebrew, and therefore the Christian religion, etc, trace back to India.

We are even told by ancient scholars that the Hebrew came from India.

This would mean they are trying to destroy their very roots.

I forgot to add - Why would you admire Muslims?

They are just another offshoot of the warring religions of Abraham - and have the same theology of taking over the world with their religion - as the others.

Namaste, Ingledsva:

I admire Muslims (in this situation expressed in the OP) because they make it clear that they don't want to convert. Hindus have yet to make it clear that they don't want to convert. Their passiveness is cancerous, in my opinion.

And, I don't believe that the Abrahamic faiths have their origin in India.

I feel that this requires a lot of clarification because it uses a lot of militant terminology. When you accuse the Christians of crusade, you have a duty to post the examples of militant aggression were Hindus were physically attacked, otherwise, clarify your terms by saying something such as "verbal crusade" to avoid the kind of bloodshed caused by inciting the confused masses such as has occurred in Orissa.

Likewise when you call on Hindus to "fight", it requires qualification such as "fight by writing exposes on their polemics" or similar. To be too careless with word choice when actual physical violence has occurred against Hindus in retribution for winning converts in places such as Orissa is in my view - very morally culpable.

Namaste, Daniel:

I meant verbal and physical covertness. And, when I said "fight", I meant for Hindus to acquaint themselves with this matter and address it academically, socially, internet-wise, etc. I was not promoting violence. But, either way, I, obviously, cannot be held responsible for what Hindus in India opt to do, especially when I have no way of reaching them definitively. Out of India's population, very few have computers, and furthermore, the majority of them are secularists. Secularism in India is very different than the secularism you will find in the West. Secularism in India is very anti-Hindu, but very pro-Muslim and pro-Christian. One must live in India for more than ten years to understand that, though. Either way, please continue with your posts. Since this thread has now been moved to the debates section, I would be much obliged if you engaged in discourse with me. But, first, please acquaint yourself with the links provided in the OP.

M.V.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
What is very interesting is that the Abrahamic religions -the Hebrew, and therefore the Christian religion, etc, trace back to India.

We are even told by ancient scholars that the Hebrew came from India.

This would mean they are trying to destroy their very roots.

I forgot to add - Why would you admire Muslims?

They are just another offshoot of the warring religions of Abraham - and have the same theology of taking over the world with their religion - as the others.

मैत्रावरुणिः;3434319 said:
Namaste, Ingledsva:

I admire Muslims (in this situation expressed in the OP) because they make it clear that they don't want to convert. Hindus have yet to make it clear that they don't want to convert. Their passiveness is cancerous, in my opinion.

Actually I said they trace back to India. The Hebrew religion obviously changed over time, but when you look closely you can see how some of the stories evolved from the Indian. This has been noted by many scholars.

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

"...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), (Book I:22.)

And we very definitely have the Naga - Nagara - Serpent Sorcerers - and Serpent imagery in the Bible.

Agnostic75

मैत्रावरुणि said:
Muslims throughout the world are probably the most unified group - in the sense that they don't take crap from anyone unless it is from members within their Ummah. This is highly admirable and something from which Hindus must take inspiration.

Do you approve of the widespread persecution of homosexuals in predominantly Muslim countries? Many predominantly Christian countries support homosexuals much more than any predominantly Muslim country does.

I do not support attempts by some Christians to convert Hindus.

Last edited:

Monotheist 101

Do you approve of the widespread persecution of homosexuals in predominantly Muslim countries? Many predominantly Christian countries support homosexuals much more than any predominantly Muslim country does.

I do not support attempts by some Christians to convert Hindus.

I dont understand your obsession with Islam and homosexuals..

If you are gay..thats good for you..if you think Islam opposes it..then dont be a Muslim..

Stop projecting your insecurities and ideology on other people/nations, they have a right to do whatever pleases them..you should stop stressing yourself with it and hit a gay bar.. maybe you'll find someone who will make you forget about all this Islam vs homo stuff thats bothering you...:)

FranklinMichaelV.3

I dont understand your obsession with Islam and homosexuals..

If you are gay..thats good for you..if you think Islam opposes it..then dont be a Muslim..

Stop projecting your insecurities and ideology on other people/nations, they have a right to do whatever pleases them..you should stop stressing yourself with it and hit a gay bar.. maybe you'll find someone who will make you forget about all this Islam vs homo stuff thats bothering you...:)

They have a right to believe, to do is an action which can result in opposing that over another.

Agnostic75

Monotheist 101 said:
I don't understand your obsession with Islam and homosexuals.

You should since you would not want to be imprisoned, or killed, merely because you are a Muslim.

Monotheist 101 said:
If you are gay..that's good for you..if you think Islam opposes it..then don't be a Muslim..

Stop projecting your insecurities and ideology on other people/nations, they have a right to do whatever pleases them..you should stop stressing yourself with it and hit a gay bar.. maybe you'll find someone who will make you forget about all this Islam vs homo stuff that's bothering you.

No one has a right to imprison, or kill other people only because of their sexual preference. The United Nations has made an issue out of the persecution of homosexuals by Muslims, and by some other groups of people.

It is unreasonable to criticize Christians for proselytizing among Hindus, and not criticize Muslims for persecuting homosexuals. Surely most Muslims desire to spread their religion around the world.

Agnostic75

मैत्रावरुणि said:
I wanted this thread to be deleted because people started bashing other religions.

Throughout my entire post (OP), I made it clear that I was talking about radical Christian proselytizers that can be found in India. This thread was not about Muslims or Christians and was not meant as an affront to Christian sensitivities. Radical Christians and Christians are two different things. I was addressing the activities of the former.

As far as Christians in India using money to entice some Hindus is concerned, if Christianity is true, why would monetary enticement be wrong? I do not believe that Christianity is true, but I wanted to let you know that the issue of monetary enticement is not wrong unless you can reasonably prove that Christianity is not true. There are numerous examples of where monetary enticement could be beneficial to many people.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
मैत्रावरुणि said:
Namaste, Ingledsva:

Actually I said they trace back to India. The Hebrew religion obviously changed over time, but when you look closely you can see how some of the stories evolved from the Indian. This has been noted by many scholars.

"Megasthenes, who was sent to India by Seleucus Nicator, about three hundred years before Christ says that the Jews 'were an Indian tribe or sect called Kalani...'" (Anacalypsis, by Godfrey Higgins, Vol. I; p. 400.)

"...These Jews are derived from the Indian philosophers; they are named by the Indians Calani." Josephus (37 - 100 A.D.), (Book I:22.)

And we very definitely have the Naga - Nagara - Serpent Sorcerers - and Serpent imagery in the Bible.

What are your thoughts?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it should have its own thread, because the opposition and those who know more about it may never find your comment in this thread. I vaguely remember that people think Hebrews directly come from India, and others strongly believe otherwise. It has to do with the names Abraham and Sarah, something to do with name similarities; but there are arguments both ways. I don't think that we will get a real argument about it in this thread since its a tangential subject.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I think it should have its own thread, because the opposition and those who know more about it may never find your comment in this thread. I vaguely remember that people think Hebrews directly come from India, and others strongly believe otherwise. It has to do with the names Abraham and Sarah, something to do with name similarities; but there are arguments both ways. I don't think that we will get a real argument about it in this thread since its a tangential subject.

Namaste, Brick-ji:

Unfortunately, no, we will never get a real argument about the matter in this thread. I don't comment on this thread that much anymore, because it's intention has flown over people's heads that read it. They still think it's about Christians and Muslims. But, fail to understand that it is about radical proselytizers. Eh, it's whatever I guess. Maybe you and I can talk about the comment that you are referring to instead?

What are your thoughts?

Namaste,

Jewish tribes have lived in India for more than one thousand years. I don't doubt that they lived in India, but I doubt their "tracing" back to India. I am sure, though, small Jewish communities were living in India during Chandragupta's time, since Aramaic can be found on Ashoka's Edicts. The only thing I can't wrap my noggin around is the mentioning of the Naga tribes.

M.V.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Is this the info you are looking for?

According to ancient historians the Hebrew were from India!

"The tribe of Ioud or the Brahmin Abraham, left the Maturea of the kingdom of Oude in India and, settling in Goshen, or the house of the Sun or Heliopolis in Egypt, gave it the name of the place which they had left in India, Maturea." (Anacalypsis; Vol. I, p. 405.)

And also according to the Bible itself!

The bible states that Abraham came from "Ur of the Chaldeans."

"Chaldean," Kaul-Deva (Holy Kauls), does not mean ethnicity, but is the title of an ancient Hindu Brahmanical priestly caste who lived in what are now Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Indian state of Kashmir.

Note that "Kaul" matches to the above "Kalani" "Kaul-ani" of the ancient historians.

The bible also states that Ishmael, son of Hagar, and his descendants lived in India. "...Ishmael breathed his last and died, and was gathered to his kin... They dwelt from Havilah (India), by Shur, which is close to Egypt, all the way to Asshur." (Genesis 25:17-18.)

Abrahm & Sarai = Brahma & Sarai-svati

In Hindu mythology, Sarai-Svati is Brahm's sister/wife.

In the Bible Abraham introduced his wife Sarai as his sister, twice. He told Pharaoh and the king of Gerar that Sarai was really his sister.

The names of Isaac and Ishmael are derived from Sanskrit: (Hebrew) Ishaak = (Sanskrit) Ishakhu = "Friend of Shiva." (Hebrew) Ishmael = (Sanskrit) Ish-Mahal = "Great Shiva."

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

"The tribe of Ioud or the Brahmin Abraham, left the Maturea of the kingdom of Oude in India and, settling in Goshen, or the house of the Sun or Heliopolis in Egypt, gave it the name of the place which they had left in India, Maturea." (Anacalypsis; Vol. I, p. 405.)

"Chaldean," Kaul-Deva (Holy Kauls), does not mean ethnicity, but is the title of an ancient Hindu Brahmanical priestly caste who lived in what are now Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Indian state of Kashmir.

Note that "Kaul" matches to the above "Kalani" "Kaul-ani" of the ancient historians.

The bible also states that Ishmael, son of Hagar, and his descendants lived in India. "...Ishmael breathed his last and died, and was gathered to his kin... They dwelt from Havilah (India), by Shur, which is close to Egypt, all the way to Asshur." (Genesis 25:17-18.)

Abrahm & Sarai = Brahma & Saras-vati

In Hindu mythology, Saras-vati is Brahm's sister/wife.

In the Bible Abraham introduced his wife Sarai as his sister, twice. He told Pharaoh and the king of Gerar that Sarai was really his sister.

The names of Isaac and Ishmael are derived from Sanskrit: (Hebrew) Ishaak = (Sanskrit) Ishakhu = "Friend of Shiva." (Hebrew) Ishmael = (Sanskrit) Ish-Mahal = "Great Shiva."
मैत्रावरुणिः;3437918 said:
Ew...

ps - It is Saras-wati. There is no "i" before the "w"/"v".
ps#2 - This is horrendous and I am at a loss for words. The two quotes by those historians seem credible, but the other stuff is just plain wrong.

Why? I'm sure they have some info wrong, but not all.

I have actually looked into this a little bit and there does seem to be a connection to India.

You can in fact trace words from India to the Hebrew, such as for serpent Naga.

The Hebrew Bible has the Serpent Sorcerers, as does India. Interestingly, the Mexican Serpent Sorcerers, the Nagal, are probably also related.

Also, apparently some early Christians represented Jesus with serpent legs, and this figure can also be found in ancient Indian carvings.

Of course the Hebrew religion evolved into a totally different religion, incorporating the religions and myths around them, as did Christianity later.

PS. Really, the only way to stop proselytizing religions is for countries to ban proselytizing.

That is what the Muslim countries have done.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
मैत्रावरुणिः;3437957 said:
Namaste,

At least we agree on something. +1

M.V.

Indeed, I would love to see it banned in the USA. :)

But of course it is not going to happen.

Flankerl

Abrahm & Sarai = Brahma & Sarai-svati

In Hindu mythology, Sarai-Svati is Brahm's sister/wife.

Yeah ehrm no.
There was more than one Ur in Mesopotamia and Chaldeans in Mesopotamia. Which all can be proven through science.