• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crusade Against Hinduism and Why I Admire Muslims

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
***MOD POST: Thread moved to General Religious Debates per Staff Consensus.***

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
The only reason we Christians haven't been able to evangelize the Muslims is because we are routinely slaughtered for attempting to do so--as well as whatever converts we may be able to make. Muslim streets have flowed with Christian blood for centuries.

Monotheist 101

The only reason we Christians haven't been able to evangelize the Muslims is because we are routinely slaughtered for attempting to do so--as well as whatever converts we may be able to make. Muslim streets have flowed with Christian blood for centuries.

And you don't think it has ever been the other way round?

I think Christianity doesnt appeal to Muslims because of the Son of God fallacy..

Monotheist 101

I think the Crusades and Reconquista trump the "Muslim persecution of Christians", I dont know if you are aware but Christians have been allowed to freely practice their religion in Islamic civilization..

I like how you play the Christian blood card tho..as if the christians have never been ruthless and bloody.. :clap, the sad truth of the matter is that Christianity is flawed.. you dont need a battle to prove that to a Muslim..or any blood..

An example of christian blood flowing..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Premium Member
I think the Crusades and Reconquista trump the "Muslim persecution of Christians", I dont know if you are aware but Christians have been allowed to freely practice their religion in Islamic civilization..
It depends on how you define "freely". Christian children were stolen from their families in the time of the Ottoman Empire and were forcibly converted to Islam, trained as Janissaries, and then turned around and sent back to persecute their relatives. That's one teeny, tiny example. I can pull up thousands of other incidences of Muslim persecution and genocide against Christians, like what happened to the Greeks and the Armenians, Or what's happening today in the Muslim world. Or Islam's spread by the sword during its early days among now-formerly Christian lands in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia Minor.

If anyone at all turns up dead anywhere in the Muslim world, one shout of "Christians did it!" sees dozens of Christians either savagely beaten or killed, Christian homes and businesses burnt, and churches desecrated.

And let's not forget that a Muslim converting to Christianity in an Islamic civilization faces the death penalty for "apostasy", and the Christian community with which the ex-Muslim now worships also faces severe retribution from the Muslim authorities.

So sure, we Christians are allowed to worship freely--that is, quietly within our own homes and churches, far away from any Muslims who might see the truth and beauty of our religion, and who might be tempted to leave Islam for Christ. We are most certainly not allowed to proclaim our faith to the Muslim community at large (unless we do so at the executioner's block, that is), or to convert anyone else under Islamic law.

I like how you play the Christian blood card tho..as if the christians have never been ruthless and bloody.. :clap, the sad truth of the matter is that Christianity is flawed.. you dont need a battle to prove that to a Muslim..or any blood..
At least our religion doesn't teach us to fight the non-believers, and instead teaches us to turn the other cheek, pray for those who persecute us, bless those who curse us, and do good to those who hate us. So any Christians who ARE ruthless and bloody are going completely against what our religion teaches.

An example of christian blood flowing..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin
Oh great, one man who fought against the Crusaders, who were hated by Muslims and Orthodox Christians alike. That's your great proof that Muslims were always nice to Christians?

Last edited:

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

It depends on how you define "freely". Christian children were stolen from their families in the time of the Ottoman Empire and were forcibly converted to Islam, trained as Janissaries, and then turned around and sent back to persecute their relatives. That's one teeny, tiny example. I can pull up thousands of other incidences of Muslim persecution and genocide against Christians, like what happened to the Greeks and the Armenians, Or what's happening today in the Muslim world. Or Islam's spread by the sword during its early days among now-formerly Christian lands in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia Minor.

If anyone at all turns up dead anywhere in the Muslim world, one shout of "Christians did it!" sees dozens of Christians either savagely beaten or killed, Christian homes and businesses burnt, and churches desecrated.

And let's not forget that a Muslim converting to Christianity in an Islamic civilization faces the death penalty for "apostasy", and the Christian community with which the ex-Muslim now worships also faces severe retribution from the Muslim authorities.

So sure, we Christians are allowed to worship freely--that is, quietly within our own homes and churches, far away from any Muslims who might see the truth and beauty of our religion, and who might be tempted to leave Islam for Christ. We are most certainly not allowed to proclaim our faith to the Muslim community at large (unless we do so at the executioner's block, that is), or to convert anyone else under Islamic law.

At least our religion doesn't teach us to fight the non-believers, and instead teaches us to turn the other cheek, pray for those who persecute us, bless those who curse us, and do good to those who hate us. So any Christians who ARE ruthless and bloody are going completely against what our religion teaches.

Oh great, one man who fought against the Crusaders, who were hated by Muslims and Orthodox Christians alike. That's your great proof that Muslims were always nice to Christians?

I don't know much about the history between Muslims and Christians, but really I believe the Christians to be more destructive and more persecuting; even in the modern era. Like for example, we can go to the sterilization of Akha people in Burma; or how Christian missionaries were violent towards the Buddhists in South Korea between the 1980s and 1990s. Let's not forget the past genocides like, for example, how the nice innocent Christians have slaughtered millions of Native Americans, enslaved many Africans/Moors and took their proud history from them, you name it. Let's also not forget the Christian terrorists killing Buddhists and Hindus alike in India; along with thr cleansing of Hindus in Tripura.

Oh but no. Christians are soooo innocent, and instead they point at the evil, stingy Muslims, without accepting their own faults.

By the way, Christianity and the Bible is all filled with all sort of stuff, including: slavery (Leviticus 25:44-46; Ephesians 6:5; 1 Peter 2:18; Titus 2:9-10; Colossians 3:22; Luke 12:47); submission to authorities (Romans 13); racism, eugenics, and yes, ethnic cleansing (Nehemiah 13:23-30); and yes, even Jesus was a racist (Matthew 15:22-8).

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

Why has this thread become off topic? Can we go back on topic?

Maybe, because they don't want to be converted. Ever thought of that?

M.V.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3430395 said:
Namaste,

it got moved out of Hindu DIR.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
it got moved out of Hindu DIR.

Namaste,

It doesn't surprise me. It belonged in the HinduDIR so Western Hindus could understand/revamp their awareness about one (out of many) situation Hindus face in India. This thread wasn't meant for other religious members to jump in and go bonkers on who killed more people. :(

Eh, it's whatever I guess. I am just sad that Hindus who visit the HinduDIR will not be able to access this efficiently anymore. May Lord Shri Krishna and Lord Shri Shiva guide them to the OP, regardless.

M.V.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3430395 said:
Namaste,

Maybe, because they don't want to be converted. Ever thought of that?

M.V.
That's no excuse to massacre people, though.

danieldemol

Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3427758 said:
Sadly, such has not been the case for Hindus due to their secularist nature against the invading hardcore proselytizers of the Christian faith. These radical reformists of Christendom put Yeshua N'zareth to shame, resorting to un-Christ like trickery to acquire souls for their respective Churchic denominations. Where the Muslims talk about their perceived greatness of Islam out in the open (where only a few traverse upon perverting Hindu scriptures to acquire followers, i.e. Naik), these radical Christians resort to defamation, covert means, and outright lying to gain followers.

I do agree that many (if not all) polemical works against Hinduism are filled with many lies, bigotry and misrepresentations, and the way to fight this is to write exposes on such pieces.

Fight against this covert crusade that actively seeks to destroy the cradle of our forefathers known as Bhārat. Be proud like the Muslims and be unyielding like the Muslims.

I feel that this requires a lot of clarification because it uses a lot of militant terminology. When you accuse the Christians of crusade, you have a duty to post the examples of militant aggression were Hindus were physically attacked, otherwise, clarify your terms by saying something such as "verbal crusade" to avoid the kind of bloodshed caused by inciting the confused masses such as has occurred in Orissa.

Likewise when you call on Hindus to "fight", it requires qualification such as "fight by writing exposes on their polemics" or similar. To be too careless with word choice when actual physical violence has occurred against Hindus in retribution for winning converts in places such as Orissa is in my view - very morally culpable.

Maya3

This thread was moved from Hindu DIR because it got away from Hindu subjects.

Christianity has the most violent history of all the world religions. Just look at the Inquisition as an example.

Maya

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Christianity has the most violent history of all the world religions. Just look at the Inquisition as an example.

Maya

^ This. :yes:

Unfortunately the person who said "Therefore be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect" gets the blame.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3430410 said:
Namaste,

It doesn't surprise me. It belonged in the HinduDIR so Western Hindus could understand/revamp their awareness about one (out of many) situation Hindus face in India. This thread wasn't meant for other religious members to jump in and go bonkers on who killed more people. :(

Eh, it's whatever I guess. I am just sad that Hindus who visit the HinduDIR will not be able to access this efficiently anymore. May Lord Shri Krishna and Lord Shri Shiva guide them to the OP, regardless.

M.V.
Sorry about that. Looks like this conversation has opened so I may as well ask a question.

The openness of the Hindus to discussion and adopting ideas has overall benefited them as well as many other people that are not Hindus. I hope they are not planning to change that to halt radical missionaries. Surely you plan to remain flexible and open even though rejecting the radical missionaries? I'm asking, because I don't understand why you were so accepting of them in the first place. What makes some Hindus so ready to quickly add Jesus to their list of deities?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
मैत्रावरुणिः;3427758 said:
...Namaste, O Children of Prithā!

Today, this very second of this very moment, a plague-like, covert operation is being conducted before your very eyes. You may not notice these adulterations and fabrications, but they occur every time you blink, every time you turn your head, every time you cough, and every time you stop in your foot tracks.

Fanatic Christians have been waging a silent, yet visible, crusade against Hinduism, attempting to tear the fabric of Hinduism from Hindus in order to acquire souls for their Church. But, before I traverse further upon this matter, I would like to share my admiration for Muslims, which will show a platform for my requests and urgings.

Please check out these links to acquaint yourself with this crusade going on:

Yoga Asana, the Ancient Hindu Legacy |

Christianizing Bharatanatyam

Meera Nanda’s Ignorance Revisited

Daily Bhaskar insults Hinduism- Agniveer

M.V.

What is very interesting is that the Abrahamic religions -the Hebrew, and therefore the Christian religion, etc, trace back to India.

We are even told by ancient scholars that the Hebrew came from India.

This would mean they are trying to destroy their very roots.

I forgot to add - Why would you admire Muslims?

They are just another offshoot of the warring religions of Abraham - and have the same theology of taking over the world with their religion - as the others.

Last edited: