• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crisis in Physics and Marxism (Communists Only)

Laika

Premium Member
Below is a video concerning Marxist criticisms of Big Bang Cosmology, the theory of Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, etc in relation to the philosophy of Dialectical Materialism.

This is a continuation of controversies that raged in the Soviet Union throughout its existence attempting to reconcile the "new physics" that followed Einstein's theory of relativity with key philosophical underpinnings of marxist ideology. This was particuarly because atheistic-materialism was threatened by ideas like the big bang as a defacto concession to creationist theology and quantum mechanics as a breakdown of deterministic understanding of reality as part of the Soviet politicisation of science. Variations of these criticisms were shared in western science but without the cruical political implications of undermining Communisms "scientific" credentials or specific relation to Marxist philosophy of nature.

Given its length, obscurity and primarily Marxist-Leninist/Communist philosophical underpinnings, I have put it in the Communist subforum to share. If anyone outside of this subforum wants to use the video to start a discussion elsewhere on RF, feel free. I suspect it would go down as a lead balloon honestly so otherwise this seems the more realistic place to put it.

If you want to skip the introduction go to 4:20.

Disclaimer: mike gimbel who is presenting his views in the video is NOT a theoretical physicist. So it could be complete ******** and should not be treated as scientifically credible. ;)

So Comrades, have I put you to sleep yet? :D