• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Crimes of God

Thief

Rogue Theologian
make a list and the appropriate penalty

you might include a means of applying your judgment

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Genocide, infanticide, serial murder, torture, human trafficking, conspiracy to commit murder, animal cruelty, and child abuse. He is either directly responsible for these, or commanded that others do them. His penalty is death. The method of application is enlightening others of the true wickedness that lies within the pages of their sacred text, to banish ignorance, and teach and enforce critical thinking.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Genocide, infanticide, serial murder, torture, human trafficking, conspiracy to commit murder, animal cruelty, and child abuse. He is either directly responsible for these, or commanded that others do them. His penalty is death. The method of application is enlightening others of the true wickedness that lies within the pages of their sacred text, to banish ignorance, and teach and enforce critical thinking.
Perfect.

buddhist

make a list
The prime crime of god(s) is ignorance. Creation - and its "entire mass of stress and suffering" - is a consequence of ignorance:

"From ignorance comes fabrications, from fabrications comes consciousness, from consciousness comes name-and-form, from name-and-form comes the senses, from the senses comes contact, from contact comes feeling, from feeling comes craving, from craving comes clinging, from clinging comes becoming (creation), from becoming come birth, from birth comes aging, death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, and despair. Such is the origination of the entire mass of stress and suffering." (AN 10.92)

and the appropriate penalty

All the gods are under the law of kamma, and it applies the appropriate penalties for ignorance.

omega2xx

Will you really annul My judgment? Will you condemn Me that you may be justified?---Job 40:8

1AOA1

The activity of a man commonly referred to as genocide only includes genocide, but isn't genocide in its entirety.

Reggie Miller

God is absolutely holy and has committed no crimes. All crimes have been committed first by Satan and his fallen angels, then second they continue to be committed by Man.

In the end God's righteousness will be revealed with judgement by fire.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Judge not lest ye be judged:) Matthew 7:1-3
God is allegedly omnipotent. Yet his "sacred book," on that many consider to be entirely accurate, states that the value of pi is 3. However, what makes this is interesting is not that we know that is wrong, but rather that we know that is what the Babylonians estimated determined as pi.
Will you really annul My judgment? Will you condemn Me that you may be justified?---Job 40:8
When a book says that when someone is cured, of leprosy or anything, and it states that one dove shall be killed and its blood poured on another dove, and that dove allowed to fly around the room and sprinkle the blood, someone is going to have to convince me as to why I should accept this silly notion of sin.
The activity of a man commonly referred to as genocide only includes genocide, but isn't genocide in its entirety.
Genocide is word we came up with to describe the policies of Nazi Germany that lead to mass-murder. Given the roots of the word, genos and cide, the word can accurately be applied to the god of Abraham.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

You are like a monkey screaming at the sun for being too hot.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I don't tend to pin crimes on people until I at least have some reason to think they might exist.

... or are you talking from the perspective of the mythology of some religion? I can do that, too. I can even mix mythologies together (e.g. "which would win in a fight: the USS Enterprise or a Star Destroyer?"), but you'll have to tell me which mythologies we're talking about here.

For instance, if "God" refers to Zeus, then his crimes are going to involve a lot more sexual assault than they would for most other gods.

Kelly of the Phoenix

You are like a monkey screaming at the sun for being too hot.
Jesus said we'd be judged by the same measure we judge others and that God will do things in heaven as it is done on earth, THEREFORE, God must be judged by the rules He Himself invented. It's like when Jesus tells us people who call others "fools" will burn in Hell and then proceeds to call others fools ... hope he brought sunscreen...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The prime crime of god(s) is ignorance. Creation - and its "entire mass of stress and suffering" - is a consequence of ignorance:

"From ignorance comes fabrications, from fabrications comes consciousness, from consciousness comes name-and-form, from name-and-form comes the senses, from the senses comes contact, from contact comes feeling, from feeling comes craving, from craving comes clinging, from clinging comes becoming (creation), from becoming come birth, from birth comes aging, death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, and despair. Such is the origination of the entire mass of stress and suffering." (AN 10.92)

All the gods are under the law of kamma, and it applies the appropriate penalties for ignorance.
My God doesn't have a name

and His handiwork indicates.....He knows what He was doing
(we on the other hand.......)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
just saying....I believe in hierarchy and the scheme of superlatives

If the Creator has the ability to form reality....
should we not move with it?

I don't blame God for the ill shaped condition of Man

God gave Man dominion.

as for events attributed to Him in scripture......
I read such with caution
Far as I can tell ...few people have know His Presence

when I consider the direction my fellowman seems prone to.....
only an extreme event will stop him
a great flood, a plague, a drought......whatever.....
and even then, Man is a creature determined for denial

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Jesus said we'd be judged by the same measure we judge others and that God will do things in heaven as it is done on earth, THEREFORE, God must be judged by the rules He Himself invented. It's like when Jesus tells us people who call others "fools" will burn in Hell and then proceeds to call others fools ... hope he brought sunscreen...
what follows is not of scripture.....so this time....blame me

If you judge by sight.....you will be judged on sight
If you judge by rumor.....you will be judged by hearsay
if you judge at all......make certain your own mind and heart...
first

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Gosh all three Abrahamic texts: Quran, Bible, and Torah.

I consider all killing crimes and immoral. No justification regardless who the person is and his authority.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Gosh all three Abrahamic texts: Quran, Bible, and Torah.

I consider all killing crimes and immoral. No justification regardless who the person is and his authority.
and if you could see a trend emerging that would be harmful
a trend that would undermine the better nature of Man.....what do you do about it?

let it fester?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
"Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes." ~Deuteronomy 20:16

God is absolutely holy and has committed no crimes. All crimes have been committed first by Satan and his fallen angels, then second they continue to be committed by Man.

In the end God's righteousness will be revealed with judgement by fire.

God has committed and orchestrated crimes so that people can learn from his justice.

For example:

1. Genesis 19: Lot's Wife

The whole Sadaam and Gammora thing could have been avoided; but, well, god felt that the evil should be punished for their misdeeds. That's logical according to god and it showed Lot obedience. When god told Lot and his wife not to look back, Lot's wife did anyway and turned into a pillar of salt.

Now, if I had two children and one child did something where I punished him, that's fine according to most parents. If I told my other child not to look and he did, why would I punish him? Out of curiosity? Because he disobeyed me? What about "looking back" caused him to be punished and in Lot's wife's case killed just like the people god killed in Sadaam?

2. Abraham's Son Genesis 22

Now, people justify this all the time but it never sat right with me. If I wanted my child to obey me and wanted him to do something for me to show his obedience, I would never ask him (if he had a child of his own) to take his own child, bring it to me, slaughter it before me, and then say "because you did you will be rewarded." If anything, I would reward him because he choose against my command and valued a life before he valued my words.

Maybe a christian can learn from human sacrifice, but to me that's barbaric.

3. Deuteronomy 20:16-18 A short excerpt of killing for the promise land

Now, some argue that it was because of the people who heard god's voice that they took the land; therefore, they took the blame off god and put it on the people. That doesn't make sense. If the people killed without god's command, they'd have god to answer to. Like with Lot and a whole other loads of sins, the Isrealites where commanded to kill. Whoever told them to do so, how, and why doesn't take out the fact that one, they were ordered, and two, they did it.

Of course you may have seen the movie The Ten Commandments with Charlsten Helsten. Very good movie and classic. Though, the people need not die because they worshiped idols.

God does commit crimes but in scripture he does so to teach a message. Whether the christian takes it as justice or ignores it is up to them, but the crimes are there point blank.

Last edited: