• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The creator did it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
ecco said:
No. Both answers are not correct.
Science says 3+2=5.
If I create a religion based on ignorance of mathematical principles, I can state, from a religious point of view that 3+2=7.
I do hope you see a contradiction.
paarsurrey said:
"based on ignorance"
But the calculation one gave is based on Anti-Religion or No-Religion, please. Right, please?

I do not understand your question.
The truthful religion never said that 3+2=7.
It is mathematics that says 3+2=5 , not from Science.
One is wrong. Right, please?

Regards

ecco

Veteran Member
The truthful religion never said that 3+2=7.
It is mathematics that says 3+2=5 , not from Science.
One is wrong. Right, please?

The ignorant religion said that the earth stands still and everything moves around it.

Mathematics is a science.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Since science/observation has repeatedly shown that something does not come from nothing
What about Casimir effect then? Where do the particles come from? They're formed in vacuum.

and life does not come from nonliving things can you blame someone for concluding that there is some sort if creator even if you dont believe that?
Life is eternal. Nature is alive. Reality is alive. There's no clear line between alive and non-alive.

Once this door is open why couldnt someone simply believe " my creator did it"? So what if someone is not interested in the exact processes used.
Why not believe all is interconnected and life, reality, and that exist is God/god/gods or whatever we want to call it. We're all part of God. There's no separation between creator and creation.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What about Casimir effect then? Where do the particles come from? They're formed in vacuum.
The zero point energy of the quantum vacuum is not nothing, it is energy.....there is no real vacuum, the term vacuum is a leftover from the days when science thought there was a vacuum.

Phaedrus

Since science/observation has repeatedly shown that something does not come from nothing and life does not come from nonliving things can you blame someone for concluding that there is some sort if creator even if you dont believe that? Once this door is open why couldnt someone simply believe " my creator did it"? So what if someone is not interested in the exact processes used.

The problem with intelligent design is understanding that something does not come from nothing yet applying special pleading to one's deity of choice in claiming that god came from nothing. Unless, of course, a theist is willing to explain and provide evidence for how god was created via a means other than the conceptualization of man's imagination.

tas8831

@tas8831 , I reported you for your snide “funny”s.
Aww, you poor thing.

I reported you for multiple dishonest acts of plagiarism.
Doubtless, the smilie will garner more scorn that blatant acts of dishonesty.

I and others told you about that. A shame that you can’t act civil toward those with differing pov’s.
A shame that "Christians" cannot be honest in their zeal.

Typical.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The zero point energy of the quantum vacuum is not nothing, it is energy.....there is no real vacuum, the term vacuum is a leftover from the days when science thought there was a vacuum.
But it's interesting though, it's empty space with nothing, with unseen and non-measurable energies, in all aspects empty and void, and yet there is something there. The universe came from something, God, god, gods, or eternal energy, who knows, the answer doesn't have to be as straightforward to assume one thing or another. We don't know what was there in the beginning. We can't measure it. Was it nothing or something, and if it was something, was that something necessarily something that we have to assume? And on the other hand, whatever it was, we can choose to call it God even if the properties would have been different than the traditional views. Who knows. God or not God seems to be more of a choice at that point. Our choice to call "that thing" God.

ecco

Veteran Member
Since science/observation has repeatedly shown that something does not come from nothing ...
Please show modern scientific papers that state that "something does not come from nothing".

Since science/observation has repeatedly shown that ... life does not come from nonliving things ...
Please show modern scientific papers that state that "life does not come from nonliving things"

Since science/observation has repeatedly shown that something does not come from nothing and life does not come from nonliving things can you blame someone for concluding that there is some sort if creator even if you dont believe that?

I suppose at one time it was acceptable to believe GodDidIt when it came to volcanos.
I suppose at one time it was acceptable to believe GodDidIt when it came to locust swarms.

Then we, at least some of us, grew up and realized that GodDidIt was never right.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
But it's interesting though, it's empty space with nothing, with unseen and non-measurable energies, in all aspects empty and void, and yet there is something there. The universe came from something, God, god, gods, or eternal energy, who knows, the answer doesn't have to be as straightforward to assume one thing or another. We don't know what was there in the beginning. We can't measure it. Was it nothing or something, and if it was something, was that something necessarily something that we have to assume? And on the other hand, whatever it was, we can choose to call it God even if the properties would have been different than the traditional views. Who knows. God or not God seems to be more of a choice at that point. Our choice to call "that thing" God.
Keep in mind Ouroboros that this 'space' is omnipresent and is therefore the underlying unity of the apparent all that exists. To imagine that it had a beginning is an error, only the universal manifestation is subject to beginnings and endings, creations and destructions, births and deaths, the underlying omnipresent space in which the creation and destruction is taking place is always present, without beginning or end. Time does not apply to eternity, so there was never a beginning to absolute existence.

tas8831

Good question, if I do say so myself!
Most interesting.....

After I mentioned that you copy pasted this list from Wells, you replied:

Weird - I read this by Wells:

Haeckel, Darwin, and Textbooks

and darned if I did not see this:

And the list omits the following textbooks published between 1998 and 2004 that do include Haeckel’s drawings or a re-drawn version of them:

• Biggs, Kapicka & Lundgren, Biology: The Dynamics of Life (Glencoe, 1998)
  • Johnson, Biology: Visualizing Life (Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1998)
  • Douglas J. Futuyma, Evolutionary Biology (Sinauer, 1998)
  • Miller & Levine, Biology, 4th Edition (Prentice Hall, 1998)
  • Miller & Levine, Biology: The Living Science (Prentice Hall, 1998)
  • Raven & Johnson, Biology, 5th Edition (McGraw-Hill, 1999)
  • Schraer & Stoltze, Biology: The Study of Life, 7th Edition (1999)
  • Miller & Levine, Biology, 5th Edition (Prentice Hall, 2000)
  • Padilla, Focus on Life Science, California Edition (Prentice Hall, 2001)
  • Raven & Johnson, Biology, 6th Edition (McGraw-Hill, 2002)
  • Donald & Judith Voet, Biochemistry, 3rd Edition (Wiley, 2004)

Huh... But you did not provide a link in your original post, did you? And then you actually claimed that you had not even read Wells!

What kind of person are you?

Audie

Veteran Member
ROFL!!

Dripping with irony..

1. I likely understand more about biology, genetics, and theories of origins than anyone here. But my arguments are evidentiary, not fallacious. I do not argue from authority.
2. Nobody is asking for help. I'm here to debate facts and science (in the appropriate threads), and patronizing drivel like this is just demeaning ad hominem, for impotent debaters.
3. I am CONSTANTLY under a barrage of demeaning, insulting, off topic personal attacks, and only return mild fire on occasion. The hypocrisy of, 'oh, usfan is so mean!', is absurd. I dish out very little, compared to what i get. I mostly point out the insulting, ad hominem laced rants, and you call that, "insultingly rude!!" :rolleyes:

Please. Don't help me. I don't want to be a 'wise, knowledgeable, scientific minded!', person like the progressive indoctrinees, here. They are mostly religious bigots, pompous dogmatists, hypocrites, and blind fools. That sounds horrible, to me. I really don't want to become a progressive indoctrinee.. :shrug: There are enough of you already. I prefer the company of Truth, to the adulation and soothing assurances of propaganda.

Learn from my perspective, or close your minds to science. I don't care which.

Empirical evidence shows that is not the case.

Oh, and do avoid claiming "ad hom" unless you know
what it means and use it properly.

Audie

Veteran Member
Here was my question, that 'triggered!' the barrage of ad hom & righteous indignation from the common descent Believers:

And, a few of the helpful, scientific based replies:

So which is it?. Fusion, or no? Irate indignation or rational rebuttal?

..and you pretend i am the instigator of your childish hysteria.. :rolleyes:

..but im done with the petty 'he said, she said!' bickering. If you want to talk science, I'll engage in the other thread. If you want to berate me, personally, the member interview thread is good for that. Or, you can keep dogpiling in every thread, all the time, with no let up. I don't really care.. :shrug:

And, i won't always ignore your ad hom grenades.. sometimes i will pull the pins, and throw them back.. ;)

Go ahead, call him an ape! :D

rational experiences

Veteran Member
First of all, all thinking about creation is owned by living human being males.

Who own a natural life. Who say and my life exists only after a monkey/ape type of animal being. I own most of their bodily conditions plus extra as a human. Living totally separate as a statement human being a human. Know I am not an animal and also know that science, to think first does not exist unless a male chooses to invent its purposes.

Natural creation observation, in thinking and research by a natural human life, says space exists. Space has hot metallic radiation in it...I know it came to Earth. Space has variations of O bodies of mass in it...and also gases.

What a male in science first says before he says anything else.

For science and the scientist as a human and a male should start telling and using human natural truth for once, instead of lying....which is taught as Satanic destruction.....destruction of God cosmologically.

God was always a male human identified reasoning that says he exists as a human, standing on a stone planet, and without that planet as stone existing, he would not be a human.

As speaker of using truth.

A male if he says in any thoughts and when stone did not exist....would be thinker of I do not want in science for stone to exist. As the known described evaluation of a conscious self evaluating a conscious self, knowing that they are Satanic Destroyers....scientists.

Stone never owned a beginning, the planet on which he lives as the thinker.

Stone is just a naturally self evolved body, self present in a truthful scientific statement.

Males were told in science to only respect God the Earth stone philosophy and no other science/Satanic reference or inference was ever accepted.

Science said that God the body of existed on the face of the Great deep which space owned physically as the presence/creation of water....versus O mass burning gas history. How it was scientifically explained.

For if a male said, what is any of the diverse by multi variations when it is not any of the diverse variations is a male that would lie if he personally said that it came from the exact same reaction. One reaction owns one reaction...as a scientific law, human science applied, by a human thinker.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Since science/observation has repeatedly shown that something does not come from nothing and life does not come from nonliving things can you blame someone for concluding that there is some sort if creator even if you dont believe that? Once this door is open why couldnt someone simply believe " my creator did it"? So what if someone is not interested in the exact processes used.
stick around

I've been saying....God did it
for years