• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Creationist's Argument and its Greatest Weakness

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
As usual, you misrepresent my position. I don't "debate against Evolution." Evolution has been demonstrated many times. I promote original Creation, and believe we have gaps in knowledge and moral and scientific reasons to discuss Creation in schools. Surely you would agree that kids should learn about sex and religion and other things in school, not on the streets.

Oh, wait! I forgot, in your hypocrisy as an atheist, you want all religion not only out of school and government, but everywhere. Your true allegiance is showing.

No, we should *not* have religion taught in public schools, except possibly as part of a larger class on comparative religion. To do otherwise is to have a government sanctioned religion, and that isn't allowed or good.

The place to learn religion is in a religious institution.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As usual, you misrepresent my position. I don't "debate against Evolution." Evolution has been demonstrated many times. I promote original Creation, and believe we have gaps in knowledge and moral and scientific reasons to discuss Creation in schools. Surely you would agree that kids should learn about sex and religion and other things in school, not on the streets.

Oh, wait! I forgot, in your hypocrisy as an atheist, you want all religion not only out of school and government, but everywhere. Your true allegiance is showing.
Perhaps you shouldering what you mean by "creation". And you have not posted any science that supports the concept here.

Also when it comes to religion most theists complain if they are taught in an appropriate manner.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are hundreds of such passages, exhorting all Jews and Christians to live right. You are going to have use reason (and I hope, faith) to better understand why the Bible has so much good in it, as well as what you call bad in it.
And get look at how few can. Yes, the Bible has a lot of good in it. Can you be honest enough to admit that it also has a lot of evil?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
And get look at how few can. Yes, the Bible has a lot of good in it. Can you be honest enough to admit that it also has a lot of evil?

I will declare the Bible has much good in it but also much evil as soon as you praise God for all the good in the world, all the blessing and joy.

PS. Most of the evil in the Bible comes from skeptics and people with the wrong gods.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Okay, now how about an example of a real one. Like something somebody actually said.

Well... it's an atheist canard to constantly protest you don't use canards!

Over 90% of the "Bible objections" presented here are cut-and-paste from atheist sites. Be original and read the Bible, it might do you some good!

Audie

Veteran Member

Over 90% of the "Bible objections" presented here are cut-and-paste from atheist sites. Be original and read the Bible, it might do you some good!

Well, you sure do not fail on
the "be original", with your constant
stream of "facts" original to you and
existing nowhere else.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

You're just being silly now.

Instead of coming up with more crazy claims you can't back up, how about providing evidence to the claim I'm asking you about. If, as you say, atheists are doing this stuff all the time, it should be super easy to find one single example to share. I'm very interested in seeing what an "atheist canard" actually looks like.

P.S. I have read the Bible. You already know that. Many atheists have, actually. It's often part of the reason many of us are no longer believers.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I will declare the Bible has much good in it but also much evil as soon as you praise God for all the good in the world, all the blessing and joy.

PS. Most of the evil in the Bible comes from skeptics and people with the wrong gods.
Sorry but that is terribly illogical. Why would I praise a make believe entity? Your demand demonstrates a lack of logical thought. Try to think over your demand again and see if you can get it right.

And no, most of the evil in the world clearly does not come from skeptics. That can be shown to be wrong by all sorts of evidence and statistics. Of course your "wrong gods" claim is pure No True Scotsman. You can claim that any Christian that acts in an evil matter was not a Christian. You need to be careful with that sort of abuse of logic since by those standards I can show that you are not a "real Christian" either.

Neuropteron

falsely assumes that if evolution is wrong, by default creationism must be true.

I'm just wondering why it's false to assume that if evolution is wrong, creation by a designer is in all likelyhood true.
The only option I can think of is that aliens came to earth and created us.
It seems that those that believe such things are willing to grasp at anything other than accepting the possiblility of a creator.
Some have suggested that accountability is a factor. Could that be true ?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm just wondering why it's false to assume that if evolution is wrong, creation by a designer is in all likelyhood true.
It seems that those that believe such things are willing to grasp at anything other than accepting the possiblility of a creator.
No. The lack of accountability is more of a Christian flaw than an atheist one.

Looncall

Perhaps there is another natural explanation that has been overlooked so far. One is not justified in invoking gods without specific evidence for supernatural causes.

ecco

Veteran Member
Actually, what you do is proselytize as evidenced by your repeated cut and pastes of scripture.

Perhaps you can show an example of an atheist canard.
Atheist canard example: "Billiards Ball, who constantly challenges us with original thought, just cuts and pastes scripture."

I don't recall anyone saying that you "constantly challenge us with original thought". Frankly, I don't see very much original thought.

ecco

Veteran Member
That's why we had hundreds of years of war in Europe: Protestant Christians killing Catholic Christians; Catholic Christians killing Protestant Christians.

All worshiping the same God, all worshiping Your God.

ecco

Veteran Member

Over 90% of the "Bible objections" presented here are cut-and-paste from atheist sites.

Actually, many of the anti-religion cut and pastes are quotes from the bible or comments about the evils portrayed in the bible.

As just one example, I have commented on the evil God heaped upon the world with the Great Flood. I didn't get that information from an atheist site, I got it from your Bible.

Be original and read the Bible, it might do you some good!
Reading the good parts of the Bible and ignoring the bad parts are the hallmark of a religious apologist.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Because it isn't assumed to be "in all likelihood," but taken "as a fact" that creationism would be true. Also, there is absolutely NO evidence outside of the Bible that creationism ever took place. So if evolution would ever be shown to be false, claiming that Biblical creationism is, by default, thee explanation, has no more rational basis than claiming some kind of extraterrestrial seeding was responsible because Joe Blow down the street had a vision from Sister Bonaparte who told him this is how it all happened.

Thing is, evolution isn't concerned with beginnings, as much as many creationists would dearly like it to be so---it's a straw man they constantly bring it up because they're unable to debate evolution itself. As a matter of evolutionary modus operandi evolutionist don't care one wit how life first arose on earth. It could be through abiogenesis, alien "gift" or "garbage," or the hand of god. It just doesn't matter. What they do care about is change, and in particular speciation. How all of the various 8.7 million (give or take 1.3 million) species of life came about.

Creationists, at least Christian creationists, are almost unanimous in their assertion that every one of the 8.7 million species of life was placed on earth as is, usually about 6,000 years ago, and that none of them evolved from previous species.
Evolutionists claim that all the species now residing on earth evolved from previous species.

As for accountability, I don't see how that would factor in.

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I don't recall anyone saying that you "constantly challenge us with original thought". Frankly, I don't see very much original thought.

...Yes, I'm a dullard not worthy of your replies, which is why you replied to me/commented to me not less than 6 times since Friday! Get real.