• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the creation of meaning

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The last time I had a psychoactive experience, I saw horrifying visions of mankind's future. I saw the horrors humans will experience in their obsession to extend their lifespans, of what they will do to themselves and each other. I saw the horrors mankind will become.

I currently have no desire to induce such an experience ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The last time I had a psychoactive experience, I saw horrifying visions of mankind's future. I saw the horrors humans will experience in their obsession to extend their lifespans, of what they will do to themselves and each other. I saw the horrors mankind will become.

I currently have no desire to induce such an experience ever again.
I did not have such experiences back in the day but I was on the edge a couple of times. I too have no desire to play chemical russian roulette. The drugs no doubt have uses when prescribed by doctors for specific conditions but I know from what happened to friends and almost happened to me that they are dangerous beyond belief otherwise.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I once read, somewhere, that music has been observed to cause neurons to fire in geometric shapes in one of the back areas of the brain. I think this amounts to a stimulus similar to touch, and neurons love touch. They like touch, such as a stroke, because it fires neurons in a particular order not at random. Touch is the basic stimulus which we must absolutely have. Music probably activates learning and reward systems in our brains, which explains why good music feels good. Eyesight is also a kind of touch, and as you know your eyes are always wanting to see more things. Music creates a hunger for more music. It activates us.

On top of that there is meaning to things. Being touched is meaningful, not because of a series of chemical interactions but because of what it is. Music has meaning, because it is beautiful.