• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Creation from a Kemetic perspective

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Xeper is the divine principle which transformed pre-historic man from what we were millions of years ago into that which we are today. As I see it, Set is the first example of Xeper incarnate, which transformed him, Set, from once being a part of the Universe into becoming the First Principle of Isolate Intelligence within the Universe. What initially sparked Set's first act of Xeper, the Will to Come Into Being, is unknown.

Ah I see, this is my view as well.

GoodbyeDave

Webb wrote this? I thought it was an actual ritual practiced at the temples of Amun-Ra. I actually found this thread looking for a transcription on Google!
It's a rather free translation of a passage in BM Papyrus 10,188, which was written by a priest in the period 316-312 BC.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What initially sparked Set's first act of Xeper, the Will to Come Into Being?

It is written that Set so Willed to Come Into Being that he tore forth from his mother Nuit's womb. I would speculate that the Set Entity's first Coming Into Being was sort of an insurrection which shook the foundation of the established order of the cosmos. The Essence of Set (Prince of Darkness) that is called the Black Flame cannot be defined by the known laws of the natural order. This is what sets him/it apart.

Last edited: